Lamborghini Aventador LP 750-4 SV

Angela

Hi all :)

The 750-4 SV came in the showroom yesterday. Here are some photos of the Rosso Bia:

IMG_0517.JPG

IMG_0524.JPG

IMG_0499.JPG

IMG_0501.JPG

IMG_0488.JPG

IMG_0483.JPG

IMG_0524.JPG

IMG_0483.JPG

This is factory cars (I believe there are 2 in the country) making the rounds for potential customers to see. Ask me how I know. LOL

This is factory cars (I believe there are 2 in the country) making the rounds for potential customers to see. Ask me how I know. LOL

So are you getting one? Impressions?

Need some seat time.

Need some seat time. I liked it better than I thought.

Ecu tune gives 50 HP more. You will never feel it. No increase in torque. Same as regular coupe. 110lbs lighter than regular coupe. Did not go to rear wheel drive like they did with the 99 diablo SV and therby saved 200 lbs right there. I predict that there will be very little increased performance in the quarter mile. Maybe a little better performance on the twisties due the new adjustable suspension like on the Huracan. So for $500,000 + this is what you get?? What am I missing??

Ecu tune gives 50 HP more. You will never feel it. No increase in torque. Same as regular coupe. 110lbs lighter than regular coupe. Did not go to rear wheel drive like they did with the 99 diablo SV and therby saved 200 lbs right there. I predict that there will be very little increased performance in the quarter mile. Maybe a little better performance on the twisties due the new adjustable suspension like on the Huracan. So for $500,000 + this is what you get?? What am I missing??

Quarter mile, is that still a thing?

Incremental increases as you've described above make a HUGE difference, I think you must be quite inexperienced with the Lambo range if you are making the above assumptions.

Regular Gallardo 500 HP to Supperleggera Gen 1 530 HP huge difference in the way the car drives handles, sounds etc, 500/530 to 560 same tangible difference, 560 to 570 SL completely different cars, even 570 was trumped by the STS and it trumped by the SC, then the Huracan, not even in the same Galaxy.

Just think about it for a moment, there is only about 100 HP difference from a 2004 Gallardo and a 2014 Huracan, go drive both back to back and come back to report what you think about a relatively small HP increase. :icon_mrgreen:

IMO nobody with experience in the Lambo range would be concerned with the incremental increase over the standard model range.

Also, visually, I like the roadster but when side by side the SV aggressiveness would make it look very docile and quite understated, I saw a photo on the net the SV made the Roadster disappear.

At the end of the day it's a different flavor for buyers out there you see no value in that you just keep you money in the car you like, no reason getting aggravated over variety.

it's worth it over a normal coupe, but not worth giving up your 50th roadster docta

Fully agree, the 50th roadster is THE car, I wouldn't let something like that go, ever, in particular one specced like yours :headbang:

Thank you. I must admit it is growing on me also. But...

it's worth it over a normal coupe, but not worth giving up your 50th roadster docta

...I also agree with VBUGKING. And as previously said, the numbers don't match up on this SV: the factory exhaust upgrade adds 8.5% into the regular Aventador's 700hp. Do the simple math and it suggests something strange although that 8.5% probably applies to a fairly narrow range of RPM only. The 50kg weight reduction applies from taking out the all stereo/navigation-related hardware, etc... So the actual weight reduction on a fully optioned SV is likely negligible. I am sure with the new suspension and the new steering, the SV will feel different. Whether the difference(s) is/are worth the extra amount? I guess only proper seat time can tell.

Just hating on the SV today. Did you think they would have made the new SV rear wheel? What about the difference of the 670 to 640?

Did Docta say he was selling/trading the 50th in for the SV?.... maybe he will have both!!!

Fully agree, the 50th roadster is THE car, I wouldn't let something like that go, ever, in particular one specced like yours :headbang:

Yep..def not special enough to give replace the 50th. The HP gain is in a narrow range with exhaust although I suspect you can feel the difference vs. the LP700, less so if any compared to the LP720 but need seat time. Bottomline, still gonna be mean in person and some colors would even be even more crazy esp highlight the CF bits. It won't flop is my prediction once people see it in person.

Yep..def not special enough to give replace the 50th. The HP gain is in a narrow range with exhaust although I suspect you can feel the difference vs. the LP700, less so if any compared to the LP720 but need seat time. Bottomline, still gonna be mean in person and some colors would even be even more crazy esp highlight the CF bits. It won't flop is my prediction once people see it in person.

I agree!

Is it for sale??

Not yet, they are scheduled to come in at the end of the year. Currently taking orders though

Great shots!

Thank you :)

Angela, so you work for the dealership?

I work for a broker and we are the official Mandarin-speaking representatives for that dealership.

Incremental increases as you've described above make a HUGE difference, I think you must be quite inexperienced with the Lambo range if you are making the above assumptions.

Regular Gallardo 500 HP to Supperleggera Gen 1 530 HP huge difference in the way the car drives handles, sounds etc, 500/530 to 560 same tangible difference, 560 to 570 SL completely different cars, even 570 was trumped by the STS and it trumped by the SC, then the Huracan, not even in the same Galaxy.

Just think about it for a moment, there is only about 100 HP difference from a 2004 Gallardo and a 2014 Huracan, go drive both back to back and come back to report what you think about a relatively small HP increase. :icon_mrgreen:

IMO nobody with experience in the Lambo range would be concerned with the incremental increase over the standard model range.

Also, visually, I like the roadster but when side by side the SV aggressiveness would make it look very docile and quite understated, I saw a photo on the net the SV made the Roadster disappear.

At the end of the day it's a different flavor for buyers out there you see no value in that you just keep you money in the car you like, no reason getting aggravated over variety.

Thank you. I must admit it is growing on me also. But...

...I also agree with VBUGKING. And as previously said, the numbers don't match up on this SV: the factory exhaust upgrade adds 8.5% into the regular Aventador's 700hp. Do the simple math and it suggests something strange although that 8.5% probably applies to a fairly narrow range of RPM only. The 50kg weight reduction applies from taking out the all stereo/navigation-related hardware, etc... So the actual weight reduction on a fully optioned SV is likely negligible. I am sure with the new suspension and the new steering, the SV will feel different. Whether the difference(s) is/are worth the extra amount? I guess only proper seat time can tell.

Yes; regardless of it being single-clutch, the push-rod and magneto rheological suspension systems allow for it to have a smoother drive. I personally have not driven it yet, but the different modes (Strada/Sport/Corsa) is also said to give a completely different feeling. Lamborghini designed the vehicle this way after seeing many add on body-kits to the vehicle. The LP750-4 SV is designed so that there would not be a need to make any modifications to it. Aero efficiency has also improved by 150%, as well as 170% increase in downforce (hence the reason why Lamborghini chose the specific wing design for the SV).

I love that rear end.

Agreed :icon_thumleft:

Is it for sale??

Apologies, I was unable to edit my message. Meant to say that they are for sale, just not this specific vehicle, and are scheduled to arrive at the end of this year.

• 3 weeks later...

I personally think this car would have been mega if they did a dual clutch. I like the single clutch shifting in a way, I think it has a lot of emotion and character. But, there is SO much performance to be gained from the faster shifts of a dual clutch. I think people overlook how much the dual clutch in the Huracan impacted it's brutal acceleration and performance times. If you could stage a Huracan with a single clutch against a regular Huracan I bet the difference in acceleration would be staggering.

Porsche quoted that for the new GT3 you are gaining a half car length with each shift over an equally matched 6 speed car.

I think that if Lambo really tuned the single clutch in the SV to shift much quicker than a regluar vent that we will see a big performance increase that wouldn't be shown on the paper stats.

I personally think this car would have been mega if they did a dual clutch. I like the single clutch shifting in a way, I think it has a lot of emotion and character. But, there is SO much performance to be gained from the faster shifts of a dual clutch. I think people overlook how much the dual clutch in the Huracan impacted it's brutal acceleration and performance times. If you could stage a Huracan with a single clutch against a regular Huracan I bet the difference in acceleration would be staggering.

Porsche quoted that for the new GT3 you are gaining a half car length with each shift over an equally matched 6 speed car.

I think that if Lambo really tuned the single clutch in the SV to shift much quicker than a regluar vent that we will see a big performance increase that wouldn't be shown on the paper stats.

:iamwithstupid:

Anything without a dualclutch - I'm not getting.

Agreed !

Fortis just always on point. Man how LP'ers hated (or still hate??) the SV lol the forum was a HATE FEST THE DAY THE Spy pics came out. lol lol the things I know about this car and don't have time to type out (or care to ... for that matter) well, its just a no brainer. for me. I remember thinking lol that with all the hater and criticism of the SV the entire f'n world would be better just sticking with their AV'S ... 50'S AND Roadsters. It had really seemed to me that I was the only one who needed; wanted and loved the SV. BTW.. I have driven 100k miles in the various AV types out there and the SV will be my third NEW AV ... I have more miles behind the AV wheel ... well fuk it. I think people who are negative about the SV should keep the car they have and ... God bless them for all their negative comments and .... it just wont interfere with the purchase experience I am enjoying ... and that "New Lambo" feeling. I don't know what is going on but man the whole ordering process and the experience leading up to this SV has been so wonderful!! Its great to be getting yet another Lambo. The Roadster will be traveling from San Diego to Miami with me soon and then Texas to New York later in another month... put 3100 miles on her in last 3 weeks. love these cars ... cant wait for my SV!!!

they will be numbered 1-600 but I could have cared less about that :) I only need 1 of them for now