Lamborghini crashes at Disneyworld race car attraction

Roman

Word is that they are closed permanently.

I read yesterday they were being phased out within a month or so already. Should have shut it down sooner. Give those cars to a bunch of guys that know they're out of a job soon or being moved to run some kiddy rides and bad things are bound to happen.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That is why i hate being a passenger in any high HP cars... I always feel like people don't know the limits.. especially young guns..

article said they were driving the track in the wrong direction, and it wasn't designed for that.... crazy...

That was my initial thought when I saw the picture. I was trying to figure out how they slid "the wrong way" into the barrier.

That's pretty sad. The part about reading how they were basically looking for anyone, at near minimum wage, with no benefits.... to put themselves in such a position. That'd be a giant red flag for me too. The average joe is a pretty terrible driver. Sad situation.

Why would they be going around the track the wrong way? Surprised the instructor would have allowed that as well as whoever was in charge of the track. Sad, RIP.

My guess as to why they ran the track backwards would be to make it safer. It seems they ran the track in reverse routinely.

Think about the straight away, if someone comes out of the straight away you want to force them to brake as much as you can into a slower corner. People would be much more likely to lose control over cooking a high speed corner having no experience driving a car fast.

Sucks I've run a similar event in parking lots for years with over 80,000 drives, only once did a car crash and the guy jumped a curb because he was fixated on the tach on his last lap trying to accomplish some speed goal. I admit most don't know what they are doing but I'd say 90% of people who show up drive much slower then you would think. its the 10% of Miata / BMW / boxster owners that the instructors always try to avoid getting stuck in the car with. Its never a problem as long as you respect that you don't know everything and don't push beyond your limits.

I drove a F1 car at COTA in the rain and didn't crash, nor did any of the other 100 people there over the 2 days, because everyone had enough of a head on their shoulders to respect the car, their ability and the conditions.

We used to run accident avoidance drills at our track going counter race. We did it for space reasons - it was more "friendly" to set the course in reverse direction. We ran at highway speeds (50+ mph) doing swerve to avoid and emergency lane changes and other car control drills.

We had plenty of cars leave the track and no one was hurt - but we stopped going counter race because of the guard rail layout. We realized a minor incident could quickly become major because of the guard rail being configured for race direction (in this case clockwise).

I agree that they probably did it thinking it would be a easier circuit for inexperienced drivers - they clearly weren't thinking safety or maybe they confused easier with safer which isn't the case.

Sometimes a direction is chosen because of the layout of pit lane and the false grid, and counter race could make loading/unloading passengers easier. I instructed an event at Summit and we ran counter race for that reason alone. I will NEVER do that again - partly because it was a very dangerous race track (way too many trees to hit) and mostly because I understand if a track is built to be driven in a particular direction: that is the only "safe" direction. Our track has a strict policy that no event - even a slow speed training event - will only be driven in race direction.

I also agree a high % of people who show up for these events drive slower than you'd expect. Very few drive in what I'd call a dangerous way. The younger kids whose only experience is on a video game tend to drive very aggressively and way beyond their skill limit. They don't understand being behind the wheel of a car on a race track can get you killed. They might crash on the video and obviously they can do it many times with no ill effect.

A couple of years ago, there was an accident with a couple of rental Ferraris and a motorcycle at a track event in NJ. I believe it was at Met Life Stadium.

Driver of Motorcycle was killed.

A couple of years ago, there was an accident with a couple of rental Ferraris and a motorcycle at a track event in NJ. I believe it was at Met Life Stadium.

Driver of Motorcycle was killed.

I don't think the two situations are equal as judging from the article, the motorcyclist (RIP) was killed while Ferretti and Meyer crashed en route to the track. Or was that part of the “Dream Car Sprint” as stated in the article? Either way, very sad.

I don't think the two situations are equal as judging from the article, the motorcyclist (RIP) was killed while Ferretti and Meyer crashed en route to the track. Or was that part of the “Dream Car Sprint” as stated in the article? Either way, very sad.

True they are different situations.

Earlier in is this thread Rob Ferretti, The COO of Gotham Dream cars told us, BMW, Miata and Boxster drivers are to be avoided and that the he had one incident where a guy jumped the curb.

Not sure if he meant when his employee/brother, Joseph Ferretti killed a person? However, Joseph was in a Ferrari. Just thought the post was creepy.

I apologize if it is not on topic and Rob is a VIP member.

Earlier in is this thread Rob Ferretti, The COO of Gotham Dream cars told us, BMW, Miata and Boxster drivers are to be avoided and that the he had one incident where a guy jumped the curb.

Not sure if he meant when his employee/brother, Joseph Ferretti killed a person? However, Joseph was in a Ferrari. Just thought the post was creepy.

image.jpg

Situations have nothing to do with one another. The Richard Petty on track experience accident has zero relevance to an on road accident that happened en route to a similar event. It was not on topic nor does my VIP member status mean anything. Exotic cars were crashed in both instances, but your attempt towards relevance is illogical.

Thought it was relevant info:

Also relevant info: You created an account just to make these three posts in this thread to try to attack me and discount my opinion, thanks for stopping by.

Situations have nothing to do with one another. The Richard Petty on track experience accident has zero relevance to an on road accident that happened en route to a similar event. It was not on topic nor does my VIP member status mean anything. Exotic cars were crashed in both instances, but your attempt towards relevance is illogical.

What part of my post was an attack?

You posted that you had one incident, you avoid certain cars, and you have enough head on your shoulders to crash. I find this disturbing.

The Gotham Dream car accident killed a civilian, a father who had to work on Mother’s Day. He never signed up for a Dream Car experience.

Also relevant info: You created an account just to make these three posts in this thread to try to attack me and discount my opinion, thanks for stopping by.

Not going to loose sleep about my account status.

However, I would lose sleep if my employee killed somebody and they are back at work.

Were you able to get security footage of the crash for SuperSpeeders? Were you trolling the parking lot in your camera car, the blue POS ready to get the money shot?

Not going to loose sleep about my account status.

However, I would lose sleep if my employee killed somebody and they are back at work.

Were you able to get security footage of the crash for SuperSpeeders? Were you trolling the parking lot in your camera car, the blue POS ready to get the money shot?

You win my man, i'll give you a list of all places I am going to be and all websites I post on so you can bring up the accident that had nothing to do with me or Super Speeders every time I go somewhere or post.

You win my man, i'll give you a list of all places I am going to be and all websites I post on so you can bring up the accident that had nothing to do with me or Super Speeders every time I go somewhere or post.

No one wins in this one.

I don't want to follow you. Simply noticed your righteous attitude in this thread and the thread about the guy following the Huracan.

I would advise you stop posting about the accident as it is now a legal matter. Good Luck.

Well... That was... weird...

I'll agree with one thing... One has nothing to do with the other....

I would advise you stop posting about the accident as it is now a legal matter.

You're the one who brought it up....