Polo Storico

AudiBull

Lamborghini has relaunched their restoration center and owners will have access to all historical documents, their collection of spares, and can utilize the facility for full on restorations. The new program will supply replacements for any part that was ever utilized. If they don't have it in stock they will have it made from the original blueprints and certify it. They won't be cheap, but at least the possibility exists now.

That's awesome stuff. Glad Lambo is finally on board with this.

I think Jalpa/Silhouette owners will benefit quite a bit as I hear parts are pretty damn hard to get for them.

And the whole front engined V12 crowd will be good to go for a long time as well. :icon_thumleft:

Thats awesome. A family member of mine was tempted to buy a Jalpa about a year ago and decided to pass on it because of the parts issue. Probably would have been different if this program existed at the time.

I wonder what the "newest" model is that is considered a classic Lamborghini car for this program - Countach, perhaps early Diablos?? Would be great to see a list of which models the factory currently considers the classics.

Should be good news for Derek and his Jalpa restoration should the need arise for a part or two!

I was just thinking about that today when I read this :lol2: since there's a lot of stuff these days that is "NLA".

Will be interesting to see how this pans out... the factory has tried this in the past.

I hope it is a big success, I need vintage repair parts like many others.

Will be interesting to see how this pans out... the factory has tried this in the past.

I hope it is a big success, I need vintage repair parts like many others.

The rumors of this started about 6 months ago.... I think I posted something... Don't see any reason it shouldn't pan out... As someone who just went through a four month NLA pain in the ass, 1. There is a demand. 2. Most of the parts for these cars aren't super high tech. For the most part they are what you would expect from rather generic twenty- fifty year old cars... Often, they aren't even particularly unique to lamborghini... 3. NOT having this support hurts the brand long term. There's always got to be that little voice in the back of one's head... How long before they stop supporting MY car?

Great to know that Lamborghini is stepping up to this.

During my first visit to the factory in 2008, I saw 2 CT's being restored at there. They looked quite sweet even in their incomplete state. Everything looked very meticulously done. I was wondering when will Lamborghini be able to do this on a regular basis. Took them a while for sure but glad to see it happening.

Sending your Countach back to the factory for a bumper to bumper restoration must be the ultimate!

Would be even greater of some of the people that actually built the car back in the Eighties would still be working at Lamborghini today.

Very exciting. I too am keenly interested as a Lambo NA rep told me it would be coming awhile ago and also said that the Diablo would be included, but I'll wait to see that in writing. I'm more curious how they plan to handle previously outsourced parts such as a Lucas turn signal switch assembly or the Diablo's ECUs -- admittedly not as simple to recreate as a shifter knob.

Very exciting. I too am keenly interested as a Lambo NA rep told me it would be coming awhile ago and also said that the Diablo would be included, but I'll wait to see that in writing. I'm more curious how they plan to handle previously outsourced parts such as a Lucas turn signal switch assembly or the Diablo's ECUs -- admittedly not as simple to recreate as a shifter knob.

Good point regarding the Diablo ECU's, as some of those electrical components may no longer be available to enable the original supplier to make more ECU's. It will be interesting to see how the Factory handles that.

From what I hear, the Diablo ECU equipment was all tossed years ago.

Maybe they'll come up with a replacement ignition system.

From what I hear, the Diablo ECU equipment was all tossed years ago.

Maybe they'll come up with a replacement ignition system.

My understanding is that there are still some ECUs floating around as NOS, but since there are several different versions of the car, multiple ECUs to be concerned with in each car, and ten model years of evolution, we'd need something somewhat adaptable if not programmable. If you need an ECU, there's still no guarantee that you'll find one that matches your car. It's either that or Lamborghini singles out an entire decade of its legacy (and a truly amazing flagship car) to abandon as attrition takes its toll.

Sending your Countach back to the factory for a bumper to bumper restoration must be the ultimate!

I'm not so sure.

My CT has 2,800 miles and needed a recomissioning service. I sent it to Valentino.

Interesting about this new factory venture, why aren't they involving VB?

I hope the venture works out but I suspect they have literally nobody who has the knowledge of all these period cars

• 9 months later...
Lamborghini has relaunched their restoration center and owners will have access to all historical documents, their collection of spares, and can utilize the facility for full on restorations. The new program will supply replacements for any part that was ever utilized. If they don't have it in stock they will have it made from the original blueprints and certify it. They won't be cheap, but at least the possibility exists now.

It's been almost a year now since this capability was announced, so I'm curious if anyone has any firsthand experience utilizing the Polo Storico department/restoration center. Who are the factory contacts for further information, access to all the content, etc.?