First Mclaren MP4-12c in the 9 s

fastlane

I have been working with EVOMS in Tempe AZ to tune my MP4-12c to be a 9 second 1/4 mile car. They developed an EVOMS ECU Tune to go with what they call there big turbo kit which they will have in different stages. Also available is increased launch rpm if you like to spin your tires, there is a big difference in launch with that much additional power even at the stock launch rpm. My first time out without even giving the ECU time to learn was at White Horse pass Dragway in AZ formally Firebird raceway. Known for hot weather and a slippery track. The car dynoed at over 700AWHP and over 800 HP at the Crank and Crank torque around 670 ft lbs. Here are the real world track results to back it up. All 4 runs were between 2900 and 3100 Density Altitude. In other test runs it ran as high as 143 MPH in the 1/4 mile. Time slips attached.

9.97@141

10.00@141

[email protected]

10.06@142

http://www.lambopower.com/forum/style_imag...e_types/gif.gif

10.002.jpg

10.045.jpg

10.067.jpg

9.97.jpg

Beyond awesome! Congrats!

I'm just not sure all the work is worth .4 seconds/5 mph/and God knows how much money over a tune only car. But I'm sure for 140-200 mph turbo car will kill a stock car.

Beyond awesome! Congrats!

I'm just not sure all the work is worth .4 seconds/5 mph/and God knows how much money over a tune only car. But I'm sure for 140-200 mph turbo car will kill a stock car.

A stock MP4 runs about 10.8 @132 This car can run 10.70s at 134 that is a lot more then .4 and 5 mph. The cars that you see running 10.40s are not factory stock and run in great weather. But it is not for everyone to modify there car, the Mclaren MP4 is a turbo car from the factory twin turbo is standard. Thank you for the Congrats

I did run 10.55 @ 134.5 stock on the OEM tires....

now that the launch is adjustable, a 12C with this setup and drag radials will run 9.70's....

more significant is the 143 MPH traps..... that's moving!

congrats on the 9's!!

A stock MP4 runs about 10.8 @132 This car can run 10.70s at 134 that is a lot more then .4 and 5 mph. The cars that you see running 10.40s are not factory stock and run in great weather. But it is not for everyone to modify there car, the Mclaren MP4 is a turbo car from the factory twin turbo is standard. Thank you for the Congrats

now that the launch is adjustable, a 12C with this setup and drag radials will run 9.70's....

congrats on the 9's!!

Yes your 10.55 was faster then most others running 10.70-10-80 your driving skill and a track at near sea level really helps. My setup at your tack would be a dream run of 9.70s 3000 ft vs 300 ft DA should be worth about .27 and there is about another .1 in my 60 ft if I can get heat into them running the tires at 70 -80 Degs is terrible No way yet to get heat in them at night with no line lock waiting 1 -1 1/2 hours between runs.

congrats on the 9's!!

I had heat cover made for the entire exhaust. Pictures are on there Facebook page

Why do they dyno awd? To keep the electronics happy?

Yes everyone uses an all wheel drive Dyno with the rollers linked, that is the only way it can be done unless you have the factory equipment. The ECU wont let it run without the front tires turning.

there is a way... :)

$750 for two on the rears...

http://chickenhawkracing.com/product/standard-model/

Yes your 10.55 was faster then most others running 10.70-10-80 your driving skill and a track at near sea level really helps. My setup at your tack would be a dream run of 9.70s 3000 ft vs 300 ft DA should be worth about .27 and there is about another .1 in my 60 ft if I can get heat into them running the tires at 70 -80 Degs is terrible No way yet to get heat in them at night with no line lock waiting 1 -1 1/2 hours between runs.

there is a way... :)

$750 for two on the rears...

http://chickenhawkracing.com/product/standard-model/

Nice idea but I just drive to and from the track now, no more.

Motor home

trailer

crew

tools

power

just me and the car I did it the other way for decades.

I guess there is always a way to hook up a line lock on that car.

Right now it is waiting for a rollcage, window net, a master shutoff and a renew of my competition license.

I might give them a try, just need those tire heaters and a jack.... jack might not fit in the 12C?

Nice idea but I just drive to and from the track now, no more.

Motor home

trailer

crew

tools

power

just me and the car I did it the other way for decades.

I guess there is always a way to hook up a line lock on that car.

Right now it is waiting for a rollcage, window net, a master shutoff and a renew of my competition license.

I had heat cover made for the entire exhaust. Pictures are on there Facebook page

Here are the Heat Blankets we made for this project. We will be offering them for sale shortly. They cut down on the heat tremendously. Also, just for comparison, there was a stock MP4-12C out at the drag strip the same night as us and the car ran a 11.8 @ 129 mph. I have no idea as to how their driving skills, tires, etc. This track is notoriously a slow track especially with the DA.

176681_10153280944659802_8119230237909253873_o.jpg

Todd - EVOMS

176681_10153280944659802_8119230237909253873_o.jpg

wow that is moving congrats! what tires were you running?

I just had my 650 on the road course Saturday destroying almost every car on the track!

wow that is moving congrats! what tires were you running?

I just had my 650 on the road course Saturday destroying almost every car on the track!

I ran Nitto Nt05r 345/30/19 with 15 lbs air @ 3200-3300 launch the track condition was poor.

I might give them a try, just need those tire heaters and a jack.... jack might not fit in the 12C?

Do you see any reason you can't use a line lock on that car all others have ABS and use one? That would be the best solution.

The idea of installing a linelock and bracket racing your MP4 just makes me smile. :D

Well done, 9's @ 14x is moving!

not sure, we know the car doesn't like to dyno with just the rear wheels moving.... a lot less stress on the car if the tire heaters were used....

Do you see any reason you can't use a line lock on that car all others have ABS and use one? That would be the best solution.

The idea of installing a linelock and bracket racing your MP4 just makes me smile. :D

Well done, 9's @ 14x is moving!

The bracket racing I really don't like but that is what is mostly out there but I still had to do it for 50 years. My preference is heads up last season I raced in all 4 NMCA west true street heads up events at California Dragway and won all 4 in the 10 second category and was runner-up in the overall event in one of them with cars in the 8 seconds and up area. Needing to back off at the end to not go to fast goes against every fiber of my being. I am sure I am the only serious racer in a McLaren at whatever track I go to. It drives to and from the track with the Air Cond on and still beats most of the dedicated drag cars there. I think with my new setup it will be a great bracket car on Sat night it ran 10.04 10.02 10.00 9.97 each one as the DA dropped a 100 ft between rounds I guess a line lock is in my future.

about $350 per tire....

How much do those heat wraps run? Those would be awesome to have for the Diablo lol.

The bracket racing I really don't like but that is what is mostly out there but I still had to do it for 50 years. My preference is heads up last season I raced in all 4 NMCA west true street heads up events at California Dragway and won all 4 in the 10 second category and was runner-up in the overall event in one of them with cars in the 8 seconds and up area. Needing to back off at the end to not go to fast goes against every fiber of my being. I am sure I am the only serious racer in a McLaren at whatever track I go to. It drives to and from the track with the Air Cond on and still beats most of the dedicated drag cars there. I think with my new setup it will be a great bracket car on Sat night it ran 10.04 10.02 10.00 9.97 each one as the DA dropped a 100 ft between rounds I guess a line lock is in my future.

I am working on enabling left foot braking for you so you can launch and use the brake pedal at the same time. This should help while doing a burnout

about $350 per tire....

I think he is talking about the exhaust rap not the tire rap. The problem with the tire rap after you get in the staging lanes you can sit there for 30 to 45 minutes. and then you lose the heat again.