Aventador SV goes under 7 minutes at Nurburgring

Hermes

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Would love to know how "ring time" stock it was.

Sounds amazing. Guy has huge balls to hit the bridge at 200 mph.

What a monster! They need a more pro driver tho, I can totally see how he's afraid to push it hard on corners. Anyway the car made practically the same time as the Porsche 918??? WOW

http://fastestlaps.com/tracks/nordschleife.html

:iamwithstupid: That is an impressive feet! Props to the driver and way to go Lamborghini! :eusa_dance:

:rolleyes:

Don't worry, I can imagine lot of stuffs that people can say to me because of that comment lmao, but I can still see 2 to 5 seconds faster with another driver who pushes it harder on corners and who's career is purely to race. Fastest times are always there to be broken

Don't worry, I can imagine lot of stuffs that people can say to me because of that comment lmao, but I can still see 2 to 5 seconds faster with another driver who pushes it harder on corners and who's career is purely to race. Fastest times are always there to be broken

I'm sure it's possible to have a faster time, but he clearly appeared to be pushing that thing as close to the limit as possible. I don't see how he could have gotten a faster time without crashing.

@ Diego Villavicencio. I do not know if you have driven the Nürburgring.

I have several times and I can assure you, that driving the "Fuchsroehre" at 285 km/h requires balls like a bull :icon_mrgreen:

Lol well usually I'm always trying to see where people can be faster since practically I was raised watching races, specially Formula 1. Every turn counts, every single second, but anyways trust me I know he's pushing hard, there's no doubt, but I was just giving my opinion that I can totally see the car going faster with the right driver. Anyways, can you believe this is 25 seconds faster that the normal Aventador? Just WOW

Looked to me like the driver was on the near the limit. The car was very squirrelly under heaving braking into corners, then again going out of corners. Pretty impressive considering the weight of the car.

Looked to me like the driver was on the near the limit. The car was very squirrelly under heaving braking into corners, then again going out of corners. Pretty impressive considering the weight of the car.

+1. the guy has balls of steel.He might be able to shave another 1-2 sec but he could also be killed trying.

Lol well usually I'm always trying to see where people can be faster since practically I was raised watching races, specially Formula 1. Every turn counts, every single second, but anyways trust me I know he's pushing hard, there's no doubt, but I was just giving my opinion that I can totally see the car going faster with the right driver. Anyways, can you believe this is 25 seconds faster that the normal Aventador? Just WOW

True. I wonder how many tries he had. Very impressive, even more if he did it in one try

Yes Pirelli, one of the most important tyre manufacturers in the world, a brand that makes tyres for F1 and a shitload of racing series would employ a complete novice cowboy driver to test their products on one of the worlds most notorious circuits.

Think what you are saying for crying out loud.

Sure dude, he's the fastest driver ever, I'm sure no one in the world can be faster which is why they hired him to do the lap. Sorry that I offended you.

Things here can escalate so quickly :lol: :lol:

How do you find the time to post such hard hitting insightful posts when all of the companies relating to all things automotive must be calling you for your eternal wisdom?

Wow! Just 2 seconds slower than the Porsche 918. With Trofeo Rs and a perfect lap I can imagine 6:50-6:55 is possible. So essentially as fast as a 918 but half the price and stunning looks on top.

Wow this is incredible, Lambo is hitting home run after home run.

Goes to show "old school" still works no need to strap the inner workings of a refrigerator or a big set of turbos to an engine to go fast.

Is this a new record? Fastest natural aspirated street legal production car on that track?

Yes. Will be interesting to see what the new Viper ACR does.

I was wondering if this was a production street legal AWD record at Nurburgring, but I recall that the 918 is AWD as well.

It would be interesting to see what Chris Harris has to say now after his previous "poser car" opinion on Lamborgini.

Lamborghini should go back with an SV on Trofeo tires and blow away the 918 time.