Aventador SV goes under 7 minutes at Nurburgring

Hermes

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, but the SV is way faster than the 918 when they're standing still.

How relevant is it to us as individuals since I don't think any of us can achieve those times? Bragging rights perhaps?

Really? I get that you are a big fan but really?

How relevant is it to us as individuals since I don't think any of us can achieve those times? Bragging rights perhaps?

All you would have to do is make it a two lap race and the 918 and P1 would be obliterated. Just look at the laps run to get records from each here.

I get the concept of the three new hybrids and applaud their accomplishments, but having to run a "charging" lap every other lap would make a track day a pain in the ass.

To the real Lambo owners, these N ring laptimes may be irrelevant. In fact, in practical terms its a pointless bragging contest for 99.9999% of humanity. For an arm chair racer like me however (a lambo fan with no lambo), the SV ring record drew a palpable change in attitude from Lambo fans and none fans alike. If you read other forums, everyone is saying they did not expect Lambo could go that fast. Attitudes are changing and the SV is smashing the Lambo stereotype. The best part is the SV is gaining all this new cred without loosing any of its essential lambo qualities - it still looks great, sounds great and 100% lambo DNA.

Really? I get that you are a big fan but really?

With a clean lap the SV would have beaten the 918's time. Now do Nurburgring times actually matter? No not at all, but what makes me happy is after growing up being a Lambo fan and constantly reading and hearing "they are not true performance cars like a Ferrari or Porsche" it's great to see one give the halo Porsche a good run for it's money at it's own game.

Yeah, I'm just pointing out that 918 vs. SV doesn't matter. A few seconds at the ring wouldn't make any difference to me either, and if I'm playing one-upsmanship games with my friends like that then I've got a lot to learn about being friends with people.

...and the SV is smashing the Lambo stereotype.

Not that Lamborghinis have ever been bred as race cars, but I think this stereotype as we would know it today only started in the mid- to late-90s when supercars started growing in every direction. For years through the 80s, the Countach was the Veyron or Pagani of its day, and just as rarefied and unobtainable (but people who didn't live through the 80s usually don't understand that). The Diablo continued to be the street car that Lamborghinis always were, while Ferrari went raw with the F40. But when a Lambo goes raw, we get this crazy Sesto Elemento ass-kicking track eating monster thing, so we can assume that Lambo is a sleeping giant in that regard. I'm not so sure this "stereotype" is as consistent as some think it is.

I am always thinking to myself, I could never run around the ring or race tracks at the pace pro drivers do 99% of us can't so why would we/I care? it's very exciting I am very happy but is it relevant to me? for bragging rights it is :icon_mrgreen:

What you guys are saying makes complete sense finally the haters and naysayers have something to chew on :icon_mrgreen:

Personally I love Lambo for different reasons ring times and stats are fantastic but they never influence my buying decision I'd have a Lambo over many even if it was slower.

My greater satisfaction comes from the fact that Lambo pretty much showed the world that "old school" approach is still relevant and it kicks ass, I am also sure if Lambo wanted to push it harder, perhaps working on a different aero set up, stickier tires, more laps, etc. could have the SV going as fast or faster than the current "holy trinity"!

I personally dislike hybrid sports cars, IMO they are pointless, it's like going to McDonalds and ordering some greasy, fatty meal and washing it down with Diet Coke as part of your being healthy initiative, really?? You know you went there for the grease a bit less sugar won't make any difference.

To the real Lambo owners, these N ring laptimes may be irrelevant. In fact, in practical terms its a pointless bragging contest for 99.9999% of humanity. For an arm chair racer like me however (a lambo fan with no lambo), the SV ring record drew a palpable change in attitude from Lambo fans and none fans alike. If you read other forums, everyone is saying they did not expect Lambo could go that fast. Attitudes are changing and the SV is smashing the Lambo stereotype. The best part is the SV is gaining all this new cred without loosing any of its essential lambo qualities - it still looks great, sounds great and 100% lambo DNA.

I read the news and watched the youtube of the sub 7 'Ring time on the drive back from our vacation home in Vegas and in that second decided that I had to have a SV...that's how visceral of a reaction it was for me. As someone else stated, it's a big FU to Maclaren and Porsche.

I read the news and watched the youtube of the sub 7 'Ring time on the drive back from our vacation home in Vegas and in that second decided that I had to have a SV...that's how visceral of a reaction it was for me. As someone else stated, it's a big FU to Maclaren and Porsche.

That is exactly why the internet is the Devil. If I didn't have internet I would have a lot more cash in the bank!

That is exactly why the internet is the Devil. If I didn't have internet I would have a lot more cash in the bank!

:lol2: so true, there are so many things I didn't think I needed until I saw them on the net.

I personally dislike hybrid sports cars, IMO they are pointless, it's like going to McDonalds and ordering some greasy, fatty meal and washing it down with Diet Coke as part of your being healthy initiative, really?? You know you went there for the grease a bit less sugar won't make any difference.

I have an idea for how Lambo can comply with the emissions rules that is causing this hybrid adoption in supercars yet stay awesome. Lambo should put the hybrid battery and motor in a removable module that snaps into the trunk of the car for emissions/fuel efficiency certification. When owners take home the new car, they can just snap the module out so the car returns to its pure form without the excess weight and complexity of hybrids. The hybrid module can be built cheap. A disposable item to be put away after the car is purchased. The rules are stupid, but we comply.

I have an idea for how Lambo can comply with the emissions rules that is causing this hybrid adoption in supercars yet stay awesome.

They bought Ducatti to even out the MPG requirements in their product range and they are going to do a hybrid in the SUV. Clever bulls...

I have an idea for how Lambo can comply with the emissions rules that is causing this hybrid adoption in supercars yet stay awesome. Lambo should put the hybrid battery and motor in a removable module that snaps into the trunk of the car for emissions/fuel efficiency certification. When owners take home the new car, they can just snap the module out so the car returns to its pure form without the excess weight and complexity of hybrids. The hybrid module can be built cheap. A disposable item to be put away after the car is purchased. The rules are stupid, but we comply.

Great idea, how about this one ? They should be made and sold in pairs, one hardcore Aventador and one crappy looking EV run by a dishwasher motor to offset the emissions of the hardcore Aventador voila emissions met :icon_mrgreen:

Great idea, how about this one ? They should be made and sold in pairs, one hardcore Aventador and one crappy looking EV run by a dishwasher motor to offset the emissions of the hardcore Aventador voila emissions met :icon_mrgreen:

:icon_thumleft:

I agree that the reaction is visceral! I too underestimated the SV - it is in a league of its own and now I am seriously considering getting one particularly when the Roadster version comes out - it is likely to be produced in lower numbers than the coupe. In my opinion, Porsche is not the enemy as Porsche and Lambo are part of the same parent and are likely to share technology if not chasses. Ferrari and McLaren are real competitors.

As far as the debate on what the ring times mean to us the "non-race" drivers, I believe a 6.59 ring lap car will be noticeably different to drive even for amateur trackers like me vs a 7.25 lap car. The way a car handles and puts power down will be evident across the full range of driving skills and driving conditions. After all, what's the point in buying a fast performance car like a Lamborghini if we are not going to enjoy its performance and driving dynamics? I read on Fchat some guy post that "Lambo customers don't really want an extreme performance car, they just want their cars to look extreme" That is the stereotype we deal with...

The debate on hybrid cars is even more polarizing... Most traditional sports car fans don't like hybrids as they believe it is an unnecessary addition of weight to the car for minimal gains in performance or for "political correctness" or for better emissions. The fact is that emission laws are forcing all manufacturers' hands - they simply do not have a choice. Ferrari and Porsche have gone the route of turbocharging their engines across the board. I am not a fan of turbos mainly because I have not driven a turbo yet with linear power delivery across its useable rev range - not one! Even the McLaren P1 suffers from turbo lag according to the journalists / car magazines that have track tested the car. Lamborghini may go in that direction too but I for one hope they go the route of the 918 and the Asterion with a hybrid powertrain instead of turbocharging to meet emission requirements. Hybrid powertrains do the opposite of turbos in that they enhance and smooth out linear power delivery by filling the torque gaps (torque fill) as opposed exacerbating the characteristic of an ICE of having to rev it up to get power. I still want the sound of a V12 and fireballs out of the exhaust like my 50th Roadster did with a Kreissieg exhaust but I also want the best performance in the market place at any given time in my Lambo.

This is very relevant to me:

1 - I grew up hearing people tell me that Lambo never lived up to the "claimed" numbers as fas as coutach and diablo

2 - I will log 30k miles first year in the AVSV and 2 rallies (over 6500 miles) will be done with Porshe 918's Bugatti; Rari's and P1's .. cross country/continent

3 - I had the deposit on this car so long before I saw it and I listened to the majority of the forums state the car was only a timy bump in performance (bump this biatches)

4 - I have a greater percentage of my life; more miles and more time devoded only to driving lambos (every waking hour except when working) than most ... have more seat time in an aventador than every single person who is reading this ... and I even booked every single weekend in Miami from December to March just to drive fri night to sunday night ... and I can actually buy most any car I want so for me ...

Its nice to be able to feel real good about my favorite brand and my new car!

I am so happy it performed well. It means very much to me. I am real glad to be getting this SV!! what an achievement for this brand. It enhances my purchase experience to know there are stats and awesome track times behind the 1/2 million dollar price tag and the chrome tron exterior

This is very relevant to me:

1 - I grew up hearing people tell me that Lambo never lived up to the "claimed" numbers as fas as coutach and diablo

2 - I will log 30k miles first year in the AVSV and 2 rallies (over 6500 miles) will be done with Porshe 918's Bugatti; Rari's and P1's .. cross country/continent

3 - I had the deposit on this car so long before I saw it and I listened to the majority of the forums state the car was only a timy bump in performance (bump this biatches)

4 - I have a greater percentage of my life; more miles and more time devoded only to driving lambos (every waking hour except when working) than most ... have more seat time in an aventador than every single person who is reading this ... and I even booked every single weekend in Miami from December to March just to drive fri night to sunday night ... and I can actually buy most any car I want so for me ...

Its nice to be able to feel real good about my favorite brand and my new car!

I am so happy it performed well. It means very much to me. I am real glad to be getting this SV!! what an achievement for this brand. It enhances my purchase experience to know there are stats and awesome track times behind the 1/2 million dollar price tag and the chrome tron exterior

Well said, but I would have thought that like me you would have waited till next year for the Roadster

Well said, but I would have thought that like me you would have waited till next year for the Roadster

He'll get that as well. :D

They started the time before the first turn and ended the time at the straight away? That's odd no?

No, already addressed earlier in this thread. Standard timing practice.

I am always thinking to myself, I could never run around the ring or race tracks at the pace pro drivers do 99% of us can't so why would we/I care? it's very exciting I am very happy but is it relevant to me? for bragging rights it is :icon_mrgreen:

What you guys are saying makes complete sense finally the haters and naysayers have something to chew on :icon_mrgreen:

Personally I love Lambo for different reasons ring times and stats are fantastic but they never influence my buying decision I'd have a Lambo over many even if it was slower.

My greater satisfaction comes from the fact that Lambo pretty much showed the world that "old school" approach is still relevant and it kicks ass, I am also sure if Lambo wanted to push it harder, perhaps working on a different aero set up, stickier tires, more laps, etc. could have the SV going as fast or faster than the current "holy trinity"!

My reason for Lambo's, is so I don't have to drive Ferrari's lol

All the track numbers are cool, put my ass on a track and I'd be happy with 2.5X the time skilled drivers take.

I drive them because I like the sounds,smell, feel(feed back) from the car,

I have the 90/10 rule with them, I came up with it by the time I had my first 3 by 02 or 03, I got my first one in 1999, so I was comfortable in my skin so to speak. 90% of the time I drive-it's for me to enjoy-when I go to a gas station and the croud swells up, was more before the Internet and so many cars, I'd be polite and answer questions(if I wasn't in the mood, I'd just say 'bosses car, g

Just getting him gas' if I didn't want to talk. So that's the 90%

The 10% of the time is to show off, and flash. Maybe it's lower now 8%. That's fun from time to time, but I don't let my cars define who I am, or build sites displaying my houses, toys etc. sure pics have leaked-but that wasn't me

The enjoyment of getting into a Lambo's and know the journey getting to where your going is the best part of the trip is why I drive them, except GTR's they are a lot of work....