CCB Squeak?

JanDaMan

Considering a Murci that has CCB, but is it true the CCB tend to squeak more?

I am not sure about more or less but they do squeak. They are also more grabby when cold but they do the job very well.

I owned an 03 Murci and the brakes were horrible and very noisy. I own a Lp640 now with CCB's and they are much much quieter. They do grab with very little pedal effort, but you will get used to it after a few drives.

CCB's on the early Murcielago's were garbby and noisy. As they heat up, they do feel better and become quieter. By the MY2006, Lambo had resolved most of the problems, the CCB's then were much easier to modulate and hardly have any noise at all.

CCB's on the early Murcielago's were garbby and noisy. As they heat up, they do feel better and become quieter. By the MY2006, Lambo had resolved most of the problems, the CCB's then were much easier to modulate and hardly have any noise at all.

I've got over 10,000 miles on my CCBs and one thing they are not is NOISY. No clue where thats coming from but, they are hands down the quietest set of brakes I have had on any car. The noisiest is by far my GTR.

Curious when you say earlier CCBs, as those only started to come out on the 05's (never an option on 04s), and I have an 06, but the 05's are no different. What 'earlier' CCBs are you talking about? Also parts did not change for the brake setup going into the lp640s either, its all the same from 05 into the lp640s.

Jon

Loved my CCBS on my LP570 and never had issues being noisy. Does take some getting used to on the brake feel though. Will not own another exotic without them.

I've got over 10,000 miles on my CCBs and one thing they are not is NOISY. No clue where thats coming from but, they are hands down the quietest set of brakes I have had on any car. The noisiest is by far my GTR.

Curious when you say earlier CCBs, as those only started to come out on the 05's (never an option on 04s), and I have an 06, but the 05's are no different. What 'earlier' CCBs are you talking about? Also parts did not change for the brake setup going into the lp640s either, its all the same from 05 into the lp640s.

Jon

I have no idea which CCB's had what parts for the respective MY. But I can assure you that I had driven 2 MY05 Murci's and both had noisy CCB's. I even asked the Lambo dealership and they conceded that they were noisy. The fact that I complained about the noise was that my MY08 Superleggera (the pre-5x0 series one) also had CCB's and they were extremely quiet. Likewise, my LP570 Superleggera was also totally quiet. And all the LP640's & LP670 I had driven were also quiet. But the 2 MY05's indeed had noisy CCB's.

I have no idea which CCB's had what parts for the respective MY. But I can assure you that I had driven 2 MY05 Murci's and both had noisy CCB's. I even asked the Lambo dealership and they conceded that they were noisy. The fact that I complained about the noise was that my MY08 Superleggera (the pre-5x0 series one) also had CCB's and they were extremely quiet. Likewise, my LP570 Superleggera was also totally quiet. And all the LP640's & LP670 I had driven were also quiet. But the 2 MY05's indeed had noisy CCB's.

Something wasn't right with them is my guess (those two 05's). From all others, its coming back that CCBs make no noise, including myself, so I think anyone interested in CCBs should always jump on them. They are much better then their steel counterparts.

Something wasn't right with them is my guess (those two 05's). From all others, its coming back that CCBs make no noise, including myself, so I think anyone interested in CCBs should always jump on them. They are much better then their steel counterparts.

Perhaps but then again the dealer seemed to agree that they do make noise. Anyway, agree on the CCBs. Noisy or not, they are superior so long as one doesn't mind the cost.

Thanks guys. A reputable Lambo dealer told me the CCB tend to be noisier, and some google search on CCB indicated the same for CCB in general. However, in riding in the car, I didn't really detect noise, so maybe it is just case by case. Overall the 08 IV with CCB was nice i went to see, so I piked it up. Will post photos later.

Thanks guys. A reputable Lambo dealer told me the CCB tend to be noisier, and some google search on CCB indicated the same for CCB in general. However, in riding in the car, I didn't really detect noise, so maybe it is just case by case. Overall the 08 IV with CCB was nice i went to see, so I piked it up. Will post photos later.

Congrats!

My old SuperG CCB's squeeked like hell, was pretty embarassing to be honest.

Are you sure that wasn't just the sound of Allan in the passenger seat?

My old SuperG CCB's squeeked like hell, was pretty embarassing to be honest.

When I drove Jon Olsson's Gallardo the brakes were the loudest I've ever heard, more so than the minivan next to me that clearly hasn't had maintenance done in 20+ years.

• 3 weeks later...

My CCB are squeak more frequently than early Murci's on Hawk HPS pads. But it is not an issue at all.

If your CCB are getting to be loud, do a few high speed stops, it should quiet them down.