Here you go Doc....

Allan-Herbie

Not real fair at this point to ask Doc to put up or shut up based on his rate of funds accumulation versus the price escalation of a Countach. I think most of us realize he only has a punchers chance if prices remain as current, when a project car gets $250k or more that needs $150k in work.

I really feel for the guy…..I have the same conundrum with a Ferrari Boxer. I’ll never get close at current prices and my saving rate. It will be cheaper to drown my sorrows in a 458 for $150k in a couple of years.

I’m fortunate though that I like Diablos more than Countach, so don’t have Doc’s issue.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What a beautiful car! (The tool bag is a Gallardo bag though),

yes, toolbag is much more recent

but beside this the car is very nice and a sought after DD (carbed) QV in white. complete of almost everything

and cost less than the neglected project

i feel the QV in Swiss is a very good car of a good model

Doc, if I was you, I would start looking for a decent Diablo and then revisit the Countach dream at another date.

that is the same thing i thought. he can still find nice early diablos for relatively low prices.

nothing comes close to countach experience as a 91 diablo and at a fraction of the cost is a no brainer imo....get a diablo and you will never regret it! :)

What a beautiful car! (The tool bag is a Gallardo bag though),

Perhaps one of the only times I have ever heard the term "toolbag" used in this context on a forum.

At $385,000 USD, that's a complete fcuking steal. I want that car! I just need to reach my goal!

You going to have to clone yourself and start selling body parts quickly.

wonder if it would be worth the time to talk to the guy and figure out how he justifies the price for this car. seems like it could be way nice and like the perfect project for a meticulous diyer that wants a driver but man.. for 400k.. +150k in parts would buy a really really nice already done car

Does anybody know about this 1980 CT? sold quietly in Arkansas..

http://www.ehrlichmotorwerks.com/1980-Lamb...oldDetails.aspx

That's the one that had the unoriginal fuel injection system. It was on ebay around the same time as the red one that's on there again. Not the red one I posted. I think Allan might know more about this car than I do. I believe it belonged to an older gentleman for quite a few years.

He had the original parts as well. He mentioned the sale on another site. The car went out of the US to some place you wouldn't think a Countach would be going. Like Bosnia or something.

money has changed hands.

someone paid that much for that DD.

i am a bit surprised.

Bizarre. Someone who could have bought a white downdraft car in perfect condition decided that this nearly destroyed car was worth the same amount or more?????? This car is just being traded among crack heads.