Captured my unicorn: 6 Speed Manual Verde Ithaca LP640 Coupe

MrEd

It is always difficult to say exactly because some change hands rather privately. It seems to be $80-175k depending on how nice the car is.

I get a lot of offers on mine, all are in the 3s. The highest two have been $375k. I have gotten close to saying yes but every time I get very close, I think about what I would replace it with and just can't. A few months ago I nearly sold it and the Ruf to buy a Koenigsegg. I consider doing something like that but at the same money, I can't imagine what I would replace it with. I was talking with LA_Brit about that earlier. The car just does everything I want a supercar to do. It is cool to see so many of them represented here on LP.

Mondi mentioned in the thread about his totaled orange car that he had been offered $350k, which I believe, but his insurance paid out $306k. Still a strong number.

Nick Cages low option Balloon White car brought $329k in 2014 with teen miles. Another relatively low option Balloon White 07 brought ~$290k last year.

I sold one of the Roadsters last year at a strong number (I will leave it up to the owner to disclose as it was not public) but shortly after I had an interested buyer offer $400k, which represented a small profit. He turned that down and still owns the car.

The gold 07 coupe brought $270k but it was common knowledge it had sold a few months earlier for $230k before we figured out how many they had brought over.

The only stick 640 for sale right now has 39k miles, aftermarket wheels, tinted tail lights, and accident history for $225k.

Another low mileage car was totaled quietly last year and the insurance payout was in the mid-3s.

There are definitely some inflated values in certain parts of the collector car space but these have be legitimized by a good number of transactions. With fewer and fewer good cars each year, it seems like the trend might continue but the cooler reality is that of the 14 owners I know that have them, no one is speculating. They just all love the cars.

Hello to everybody. I am currently looking at that black gated LP640 with the high miles. Coming from a bone stock '04 manual (except exhaust and stereo), I kind of welcome the aftermarket wheels and tinted taillights look. I am a little on the fence with the miles, but the car has a new clutch and thorough service records. Also, my '04 has 27k miles and no issues. Resale value aside, I really enjoy putting miles on my cars. I also really enjoy 3 pedals on the floor.

My concern right now is the accident history that you mentioned since this is news to me. Do you have anymore info on that.

I too want to capture my unicorn, and I am a couple of days from flying from Miami to Arizona to seal the deal. I want to make sure I'm not getting into a bad car because I'm blinded by that gated shifter.

Any input would be greatly appreciated

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Definitely the unicorn car!!! Man that is just so sick. Absolutely gorgeous. Right color, coupe, right trans, and upgrades........ya I'd say you crushed it! :)

Hello to everybody. I am currently looking at that black gated LP640 with the high miles. Coming from a bone stock '04 manual (except exhaust and stereo), I kind of welcome the aftermarket wheels and tinted taillights look. I am a little on the fence with the miles, but the car has a new clutch and thorough service records. Also, my '04 has 27k miles and no issues. Resale value aside, I really enjoy putting miles on my cars. I also really enjoy 3 pedals on the floor.

My concern right now is the accident history that you mentioned since this is news to me. Do you have anymore info on that.

I too want to capture my unicorn, and I am a couple of days from flying from Miami to Arizona to seal the deal. I want to make sure I'm not getting into a bad car because I'm blinded by that gated shifter.

Any input would be greatly appreciated

Did that one sell earlier this year, and it's for sale again, or has it just sat on the market since then? I would also be worried if a gated LP640 has sat on the market so long.

http://www.lambopower.com/forum/index.php?...=77580&st=0

https://www.cars.com/vehicledetail/detail/6...erview/?aff=aol

I would be worried if it sold and it's already up for sale in 6 months.

What type of accident history does it have? What does the carfax say?

Did that one sell earlier this year, and it's for sale again, or has it just sat on the market since then? I would also be worried if a gated LP640 has sat on the market so long.

http://www.lambopower.com/forum/index.php?...=77580&st=0

https://www.cars.com/vehicledetail/detail/6...erview/?aff=aol

I would be worried if it sold and it's already up for sale in 6 months.

What type of accident history does it have? What does the carfax say?

Yes, that is the same car. I will have the carfax tomorrow when my buddy runs it. Assuming nothing major I will try to negotiate based on the high miles. The car appears to be well maintained and has service records, etc. The headlight tint has been removed but I may reapply a lighter film. I like the aftermarket wheels , the door emblems will go away. I know most on here like factory wheels and such, but I'm partial to tasteful mods on my cars.

Hope this car works out, I've always been a 3 pedal fan. I am still looking at a couple aventadors, but the 3 pedal itch brings me back to this black coupe.

Yes, that is the same car. I will have the carfax tomorrow when my buddy runs it. Assuming nothing major I will try to negotiate based on the high miles. The car appears to be well maintained and has service records, etc. The headlight tint has been removed but I may reapply a lighter film. I like the aftermarket wheels , the door emblems will go away. I know most on here like factory wheels and such, but I'm partial to tasteful mods on my cars.

Hope this car works out, I've always been a 3 pedal fan. I am still looking at a couple aventadors, but the 3 pedal itch brings me back to this black coupe.

I ran the Carfax on it. Clean - no accident history. I can email it to you if you'd like.

I ran the Carfax on it. Clean - no accident history. I can email it to you if you'd like.

Thank you! My buddy ran it last night and said the same. I'm one step closer. Hope I'm making the right move

When I spoke to the previous Craigslist seller he claimed there was some damage repair/paintwork to the front. He wasn't terribly specific because he really didn't know. Murcis can have some edgy paint but they don't hide paint work well so I assume he knew what he was looking at. Any competent dealer can look over the car (especially in black) and give you a very good idea of what was done.

When I spoke to the previous Craigslist seller he claimed there was some damage repair/paintwork to the front. He wasn't terribly specific because he really didn't know. Murcis can have some edgy paint but they don't hide paint work well so I assume he knew what he was looking at. Any competent dealer can look over the car (especially in black) and give you a very good idea of what was done.

Thank you for the info. First off, your car is gorgeous and I am green with envy, pun is intended. I don't mean to hijack your thread but I gather you are as passionate about a 3 pedal LP640 as I am.

I spoke with the current seller, bumper was resprayed by a local shop, invoice provided. The carfax is clean, new clutch and all service up to date. He is willing to work on the price to a cost I will feel more comfortable with given the miles.

Although I can argue that a manual LP640 will appreciate, given the miles and the fact I REALLY LIKE TO DRIVE my cars I need to accept that my mileage will always outpace any appreciation.

Decisions, decisions... Any opinions are welcome.

Again, congrats on your awesome unicorn!

Thank you for the info. First off, your car is gorgeous and I am green with envy, pun is intended. I don't mean to hijack your thread but I gather you are as passionate about a 3 pedal LP640 as I am.

I spoke with the current seller, bumper was resprayed by a local shop, invoice provided. The carfax is clean, new clutch and all service up to date. He is willing to work on the price to a cost I will feel more comfortable with given the miles.

Although I can argue that a manual LP640 will appreciate, given the miles and the fact I REALLY LIKE TO DRIVE my cars I need to accept that my mileage will always outpace any appreciation.

Decisions, decisions... Any opinions are welcome.

Again, congrats on your awesome unicorn!

No problem at all. I love the discussion of the 6 speed cars. If you are happy with the number, I say go for it. In all likelihood, you won't find another one. Glad to hear it was only a respray. No harm in that. I say do it!

If anyone is searching for a manual 640 send me a pm. There's a canadian car for sale in canada. Don't know anything about the car just seen it for sale.

Ps OP your 640 is what dreams are made out of.

If anyone is searching for a manual 640 send me a pm. There's a canadian car for sale in canada. Don't know anything about the car just seen it for sale.

PM SENT! I am ready to buy

• 4 weeks later...

It is actually a US car. I sold it to the owner in Canada in 2014. It's a 2007 LP640 finished in Black Metalic with Black Q stitching interior, a Yellow stiching trim. CCB'S" 4800 miles.

I bought it back and it is crossing the boarder as we speak. Should be to me store in 8-10 days...

And yes it will be for sale.

Roy Cats

It is actually a US car. I sold it to the owner in Canada in 2014. It's a 2007 LP640 finished in Black Metalic with Black Q stitching interior, a Yellow stiching trim. CCB'S" 4800 miles.

I bought it back and it is crossing the boarder as we speak. Should be to me store in 8-10 days...

Roy Cats

Roy the one im talking about was yellow. Was it wrapped? Also had a kmph speedo. Lambo mtl?

Roy Cats

Roy the one im talking about was yellow. Was it wrapped? Also had a kmph speedo. Lambo mtl?

He was talking about this car (ZHWBC37M08LA02698). It sold a few weeks ago. They sold it way too cheap and got a dozen cash offers in less than a day. Beautiful car.

72e5496f-51bf-4f28-a221-f1c6860b56d2.jpg

He was talking about this car (ZHWBC37M08LA02698). It sold a few weeks ago. They sold it way too cheap and got a dozen cash offers in less than a day. Beautiful car.

What did it sell for in US Dollars?

How many miles?

Did it have CCB'S?

How many miles?

Did it have CCB'S?

How many miles?

Did it have CCB'S?

Sold for around $200,000 US. Salesman just priced it like the e gears they had next to it

Sold for around $200,000 US. Salesman just priced it like the e gears they had next to it

Correct. They undersold the market by at least $150k but by the time they realized it, they had already sent paperwork to the buyer. Bad day in the office!

Correct. They undersold the market by at least $150k but by the time they realized it, they had already sent paperwork to the buyer. Bad day in the office!

Damn!!!!!!!!!!! $200,000?!?!?!? I would be all over that any day of the week. I have a family member who would have loved to snag that. Mad that I missed it.

Considering the last few comps on 6 speed LP640 cars...this price is not out of the neighborhood.

We have the Yellow 6 speed that was totaled recently in LA...insurance paid out over $300K if I recall correctly. Then the Gold one that sold at Auction, $315K PLUS 10% buyers fee, so $346,500.00

Makes me think my 4,400 mile Black 07 with CCB LP640 Gated one that I have coming back in is a $375K car

...and Ed's VI car, 08, 8200 mile 640 with CCB and gated is a $425K car..??