TI - Fall 2015

UR 55

The excuses have already started to flood in. Map sensor failure, not enough room, and best of all, according to vegasgtr, you guys were running 50psi and tony was running 60 psi but you guys have a v10 so it doesnt make a difference. Lol. Some people cant take defeat.

VegasGTR has no facts. Hearsay.

• Replies 415
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

t

I pulled him in 2nd, my power couldnt be up much in 3rd gear because of (street tires) so he might have gained on me just a bit, when the r8 clicked into 4th it was over.

Sounds like the Anti-Lag is doing it's job at the hit ...

In the video, it looks as thou he may have clawed some back at half track ...

Next time ...

You might want to have a set of those "non-street" tires in the hauler... Just in case ...

The R8 was just hooking better than the 570s especially on the hit and in 3rd. Really the only difference but as you can see it's the reason the R8 was able to run 213.

Congrats UGR! Talking about saving the best for last...that's one hell of a race! Props to both sides of the field! Tony running alcohol (66psi)?

I thinks this is the end of the "GTR era"... UGR is setting some ridiculous records almost impossible for the GTRs to break... No GTR went over 230 MPH in a 1/2 mile race.... And now 213 miles in TI! Is just nuts...

Kevin, there is a guy on gtr forum saying that you got out on him at the start...like jumped him

Also this quote ""Tony closed in on him,but ran out of real estate and map sensor failing""

Apparently gtr guys are saying the only reason R8 won was because Tony had issues with the car lol

Go there and tell them...because it's so quiet now over there....Lol

http://www.gtrheritage.com/topic/5066-texa...e-thread/page-8

Kevin, there is a guy on gtr forum saying that you got out on him at the start...like jumped him

Also this quote ""Tony closed in on him,but ran out of real estate and map sensor failing""

Apparently gtr guys are saying the only reason R8 won was because Tony had issues with the car lol

Not worth arguing over there. I was going faster at 213 to his 210 so how was he catching me? Once I hit 4th gear where we start to pour the power on (using street tires) he started fading a bit, I finshed the run at the end of 5th gear. When watching a side video with the lane he had, the angle "looks" like he is catching me but I was actually putting more distance on him hence more mph. I think I hit the brakes before the line also to start to prepare to stop. I will have to review the video to know for sure.;)

MPH isn't everything, but I would love to see the explanation where the slower car is closing in on the faster car? :lol2:

"MAP sensor failure" sounds to me more like they made A LOT more boost than expected and maxed out the 5 BAR.

What happened before the race, at the start, and during the race doesn't mean anything. All that matters is the r8 won and it went 213. Everything else is just an excuse.

R8 has 2 wins. Lambo what 4 wins? GTR 2? Ugr total of 6?

MPH isn't everything, but I would love to see the explanation where the slower car is closing in on the faster car? :lol2:

"MAP sensor failure" sounds to me more like they made A LOT more boost than expected and maxed out the 5 BAR.

Yea, not sure. Facts are we were #1 qualifier, had the fastest speed of the weekend and have the overall record for the TI event, both in qualifying and competition. It's no fluke, the R8 was obviously faster, even on STREET TIRES;)

Yea, not sure. Facts are we were #1 qualifier, had the fastest speed of the weekend and have the overall record for the TI event, both in qualifying and competition. It's no fluke, the R8 was obviously faster, even on STREET TIRES;)

That's very impressive man !!! Not to mention it was shop car vs. customer car

Congrats Kevin, you deserve it !!!

I'm pretty sure VegasGTR will come on here with a explination (as usual he thinks he knows everything about Lambos & Gtrs

even though he doesn't own one) LOL

Yeah no kidding. Those 15" drag radials are a joke. Not legal at all in Europe or anywhere else in the world except the DOT giving it a stamp due to some thin lines carved in that SLICK hahaha

Next year the R888R will come out by the way and might offer slightly better traction than the R888s in the exact same sizes

Those are some sore losers on the Gtr forums. Now they're blaming it on the start which UGR apparently 'jumped'. Give me a break. Why cant they just accept that the faster car beat them.

Those are some sore losers on the Gtr forums. Now they're blaming it on the start which UGR apparently 'jumped'. Give me a break. Why cant they just accept that the faster car beat them.

Someone aways gets the hit. I'm not sure who got the hit on this race but I will tell you there was no red light and no exuses from Tony after the race as far as not having a fair race. If I recall correctly, he told me great race and great job and that was that.;)