StarWars; Spoilers there maybe

RobberBaron

I have seen The Force Awakens 4 times now and have liked it more each time. I really enjoy the symbolism with the sun and light throughout the movie. The opening scene is fantastic.

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have seen The Force Awakens 4 times now and have liked it more each time. I really enjoy the symbolism with the sun and light throughout the movie. The opening scene is fantastic.

:icon_thumleft: :icon_thumleft: :icon_thumleft: :icon_thumleft:

Lots of references to the original 3. If you were not familiar with them, you would not get it and would not understand a lot of stuff.

So true, I understood nothing LOL anyway I went to see it with a friend whom is visiting from overseas and haven't seen in 3 years so overall we had a great night.

Well two things, IMO:

1) I think they assumed that most people going to see this film have already seen the originals

2) It would be really difficult to bring people up to speed I think because there's just too much "stuff" with regards to the originals. You really need to watch them, then you will find the new film far clearer.

Fair points Wheels, I think I screwed my chance, I really should've watched the previous episodes before. All good, I was only looking for some entertainment nothing lost nothing gained.

All fair & valid points IF the driver/passenger was a car person and, perhaps, at a relatively young age. Do that to a middle-age person who sees cars as mere transport and you will see my point. To be fair, this a car forum, a Lambo one to boot so talking about those who has no interest in cars is a moot point. :P Nothing needs to be forgiven at all. I understand where you are coming from. :)

As you would concur, it's more or less a cult following. By simply diving into this film without much or any background knowledge would guarantee a fairly rough landing. Although I simply cannot picture you bringing yourself up to speed with the saga by going through 6+ hrs of the original trilogy. :icon_mrgreen:

Ok let me just say, my mom fits exactly in the category your are describing in your first paragraph, she refuses to get in any sports cars with me :lol2:

You know me tooo well, there is no way I'd spend 6 hours watching the original trilogy :icon_mrgreen:

I went to see it and actually liked it.

Whole AV-side of it was really good. I think George Lucas might be best in business still.

The story: well it was all over the place. There were all kinds of scenes and I took them as cavalcade of these different figures that have been force feed to everybody through popculture even if you/I didn't care about the movies.

So no rating for the movie but I was entertain for the whole time. If only it wasn't such a religion to masses of annoying nerds. But it was only watchable because if todays technology. There is snowballs change in hell I will ever see the 80's horrid originals...

Whole AV-side of it was really good. I think George Lucas might be best in business still.

Except Lucas had nothing to do with it except as a creative consultant ;)

At the end Luke appeared to be standing at a grave headstone. I have not seen anyone mention this.

As much as I wanted to see Luke in the film, in hindsight I don't think they should have. Or at least not showed his face. It should have ended when they showed the back of him.

At the end Luke appeared to be standing at a grave headstone. I have not seen anyone mention this.

As much as I wanted to see Luke in the film, in hindsight I don't think they should have. Or at least not showed his face. It should have ended when they showed the back of him.

That's interesting I felt the opposite. I felt like they closed the chapter by showing him and not showing him would have been too cliffhangerish.

I've just about had it with you guys and your positive attitudes.

“Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering.” -Yoda

I saw it last night with my daughter. She loved it (10), I really liked it. To me, it was a modern version of Episode 4. So many similarities between the two. I caught Koyo's name as Ben, which I thought was a cool touch.

There was a lot of light and darkness nuances throughout, which I were cool.

Overall, I would've preferred not seeing Luke. It would've been cool to have Rey find him, but only see him from behind and his (new) light saber suddenly energize...and then cut.

WARNING SPOILERS IN THIS POST!!!!! Do not read if you haven't seen the movie

I just watched it for the second time. A couple of thoughts. Obviously everyone wonders if Rey is Luke's daughter. What if the supreme leader is what survived of Palpatine? Also did anyone catch that Kylo Ren's name is Ben? At first I thought Fin was dead but this time I saw when they unloaded him from the falcon they said he had a heartbeat so he'll be back.

In the books, Luke's son was named Ben (he married Mara Jade who was formerly the Emperor's Hand and tried to kill him once or twice). Han and Leia had Jacen and Jaina (twins) and Anakin.

The Darth Plegueis angle as Snoke isn't a bad idea at all. My line of thought was more: "How did they get back Luke/Anakin Skywalker's original lightsaber?" It was lost (with Luke's hand) on Cloud City. In the books, the was a clone of Luke made from his hand and it was an evil Jedi. Could Snoke have been a semi ruined clone of Luke? I just thought it was odd how they purposely dodged the back story on how they got the lightsaber but they purposely mentioned them dodging the story...

Plot was "ok". Luke hiding out the whole movie away from his sister , han and everyone ,gets Han killed and 4-5 planets.. thanks luke LOL!!

It was an exact replica of return of the jedi with the movie revolving around finding a piece that luke wanted all along for his sister to find.He could have just called her...saved about 100 million lives...

I gave it a 8/10 and thought watching it 30 years later with my son in the theatre was cool as shit.

What if Rey is Obi-Wan daughter?

The only thing I don't like is how Kylo Ren is a badass the entire movie until his last battle when he gets bested by amateurs.

What if Rey is Obi-Wan daughter?

The only thing I don't like is how Kylo Ren is a badass the entire movie until his last battle when he gets bested by amateurs.

Obi wan would have had to have a kid after he died.

And clearly... She's NO AMATEUR... She's been trained as a jedi.... (BY HER UNCLE!!!)

Her training may have been interrupted, at a fairly young age... But, she has "awakened" in the force. And remembers her training...

Well, he was conveniently hurt because Chewie shot him, so the fight would be more even.

And clearly... She's NO AMATEUR... She's been trained as a jedi.... (BY HER UNCLE!!!)

It makes no sense that neither her father, mother or brother recognized her. Maybe Han and Leia would have some reason they held back on telling her, but her brother wouldn't do what he did.

She's Luke's daughter.

Well, he was conveniently hurt because Chewie shot him, so the fight would be more even.

It makes no sense that neither her father, mother or brother recognized her. Maybe Han and Leia would have some reason they held back on telling her, but her brother wouldn't do what he did.

They all think SHES DEAD!

LUKE hid her and let everybody believe she had died in the attack that resulted in her brother being taken... Han figured it out... Or at least suspected... But he doesn't tell her because of the danger she's in. Instead, he keeps her close to him... Plus, unless he can find luke and ask him he can't be sure of his hunch.... So the "gambler" is playing his cards close to his vest. The idea that a parent would instantly recognize an adult child he last saw at a few months (or days?) old, while romantic, is complete baloon juice. Its not like jedi go to day school.... Luke would have taken the kids as infants to train them, far away from their parents.

Kylo MAY know, he gets into her head... but he doesn't want her to know she's anything special- HE JUST WANTS the map so he can kill Luke! And the weaker she is the better.

Snoke knows for sure. "There has been an awakening in the force,... Have you felt it?" Who do you think he's talking about? Christ, its the title of the film!!! She's "woken up" in the force and is remembering her training.

I don't think Leia has a clue...