StarWars; Spoilers there maybe

RobberBaron

Just saw it. Boring, derivative and horrible acting. I don't get the hype at all.

Yeah... Nobody saw that coming.

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's a good & entertaining movie but it is not a great movie (and I don't expect it to be). Abrams did a great job given the circumstances but it really doesn't live up to all the hype it's suppose to be (...no surprise there either). They could have easily edited 20mins out and nothing would have been missed. Not dissing it but overall it's more or less a rehash of episodes 4-6.

The soundtrack has the potential to be a good sound reference DVD/BD.

Just saw it. Boring, derivative and horrible acting. I don't get the hype at all.

This is not the thread you're looking for

2882377.gif

George Lucas was interviewed and basically said he didn't like the film. Said the Star Wars films are like his children and that selling them to Disney was like selling them to white slavers. Now has backtracked and praises the film and J.J. Abrams directing and all of that.

George Lucas was interviewed and basically said he didn't like the film. Said the Star Wars films are like his children and that selling them to Disney was like selling them to white slavers. Now has backtracked and praises the film and J.J. Abrams directing and all of that.

If Star Wars is his children, Jar Jar Binks proves he's got defective genes.

I had a whole thing typed up the other day and then said.. nevermind.

I thought this film was great! I mean- really great. Man.. some parts "got ya in the feels".. lots of laughs.. "OH You're COLD?"... that was great.

I loudly exclaimed "COME ON" when Rei headed toward the Millennium Falcon to escape... there were many parts you "saw coming" from early on... and the only gripes I had were when Ren took off his mask... I could have done without that. He lost all of his "cred" at that point. Guy looks like a mashup of John Travolta and Roger Waters.... He was a good character, mysterious... almost BANE like... I loved the "frozen blaster charge" in the opening sequence.. I was into it until the mask came off.

Other gripe= Fin was just a little too "comic relief-IE". Back that down 12%..

One thing this movie made me respect was Harrison Ford's acting. I mean- maybe its not as impressive as I let on but we have all seen him in a hundred other roles where he is Harrison Ford. Even that last Indiana Jones-- meh. BUT= he was totally Han Solo in this. Marvelous job.

It was great and I can't wait to see the next one.

The soundtrack has the potential to be a good sound reference DVD/BD.

Yes!

I had to wait until the last scene until I got what I was waiting to hear but it was worth it.

I have to say I really enjoyed the film - but then I am a sucker for nostalgia!

If Star Wars is his children, Jar Jar Binks proves he's got defective genes.

He is acting like Disney is not being artistic and instead just going the commercial route in making the new film similar to the originals. But the thing is, from what I understand, the prequels were extremely commercialized. They were designed to sell toys, which I still don't get why Lucas focused on that, as it's not like he needed the money.

I had a whole thing typed up the other day and then said.. nevermind.

I thought this film was great! I mean- really great. Man.. some parts "got ya in the feels".. lots of laughs.. "OH You're COLD?"... that was great.

I loudly exclaimed "COME ON" when Rei headed toward the Millennium Falcon to escape... there were many parts you "saw coming" from early on... and the only gripes I had were when Ren took off his mask... I could have done without that. He lost all of his "cred" at that point. Guy looks like a mashup of John Travolta and Roger Waters.... He was a good character, mysterious... almost BANE like... I loved the "frozen blaster charge" in the opening sequence.. I was into it until the mask came off.

Other gripe= Fin was just a little too "comic relief-IE". Back that down 12%..

One thing this movie made me respect was Harrison Ford's acting. I mean- maybe its not as impressive as I let on but we have all seen him in a hundred other roles where he is Harrison Ford. Even that last Indiana Jones-- meh. BUT= he was totally Han Solo in this. Marvelous job.

It was great and I can't wait to see the next one.

Coolbeans but don't reveal things like the main bad guy taking off his mask without a spoiler alert warning. I haven't seen the film yet! (nor have some others)

Coolbeans but don't reveal things like the main bad guy taking off his mask without a spoiler alert warning. I haven't seen the film yet! (nor have some others)

Oh my. I am very sorry for that- I figured so deep into the thread, lots of comments... I almost made another comment that would have been a spoiler too.. Yikes.

Sorry sorry sorry..

Editing...

Editing this- apparently I can't edit that. I am truly sorry.

Oh my. I am very sorry for that- I figured so deep into the thread, lots of comments... I almost made another comment that would have been a spoiler too.. Yikes.

Sorry sorry sorry..

Editing...

By this time of someone is reading this thread w/o seeing the movie and not expecting spoilers I blame them.

By this time of someone is reading this thread w/o seeing the movie and not expecting spoilers I blame them.

:icon_butt: :icon_butt: :icon_butt: :icon_butt:

Sorry sorry sorry..

Editing...

Hey no worries. Technically you and Assman likely have it right, one reading the thread by now should probably expect some spoilers. I just wasn't expecting it and it took me by surprise. Good thing you didn't post the major spoiler though, I would have been:

Nooo-Meme-Darth-Vader-04.jpg

:D

Hey... Were you made a moderator while I was in an eggnog induced coma or something?

Stay in your lane...

The fact that there are spoilers is clearly laid out in the fcuking title... If you haven't seen the film yet, there's a great thread about albums you haven't heard either, but its a little harder to spoil the bass line from "Walk On The Wild Side" than to give away a minor plot device from a fcuking film thats been out two weeks already...

You've been doing better... Dont fcuk up.

Saw it 2 days ago,

Big disappointment, the movie sucked balls!

Not sure if anybody mentioned before, doesn't Maz look like a bastard child of ET and Yoda?

Well, he was conveniently hurt because Chewie shot him, so the fight would be more even.

It makes no sense that neither her father, mother or brother recognized her. Maybe Han and Leia would have some reason they held back on telling her, but her brother wouldn't do what he did.

She's Luke's daughter.

Agree, she's Luke's kid!

Forgive me if this was mentioned- I did read it all, but don't recall= and please- by all means, don't read if you're not into potential spoilers...

So one thing that threw me was in that memory sequence-- when who I thought was Luke, based on the robotic hand, is bent down and puts his hand on R2 and his lens turns red, in hind sight- I feel this is when he gives R2 the map- but I also sort of thought this was a hint that he had turned evil. So then I didn't think it was Luke.. and perhaps Ren- but then later you see how young Ren is..

Bahh.. I have only seen the movie one time- and this specific scene I would like to see again.

Oh-- and edited to say the first post I deleted, I was totally going to say that she has to be Luke's daughter. They played her up like a young Anikin or Luke on Jakku... able to fix things, build things.. hell of a pilot.. Looks a lot like Padme... Cmon'.

Forgive me if this was mentioned- I did read it all, but don't recall= and please- by all means, don't read if you're not into potential spoilers...

So one thing that threw me was in that memory sequence-- when who I thought was Luke, based on the robotic hand, is bent down and puts his hand on R2 and his lens turns red, in hind sight- I feel this is when he gives R2 the map- but I also sort of thought this was a hint that he had turned evil. So then I didn't think it was Luke.. and perhaps Ren- but then later you see how young Ren is..

Bahh.. I have only seen the movie one time- and this specific scene I would like to see again.

Oh-- and edited to say the first post I deleted, I was totally going to say that she has to be Luke's daughter. They played her up like a young Anikin or Luke on Jakku... able to fix things, build things.. hell of a pilot.. Looks a lot like Padme... Cmon'.

Leia is ALSO Anikan's daughter... Ya know?

Leia is ALSO Anikan's daughter... Ya know?

Well yes, of course. But- ehh.. it just doesn't "feel" like she is Han and Leia's. AND I think if she were Han's, he wouldn't have stayed away. Luke has been gone- she has been "waiting for her family" to return... it just feels more like Luke. I guess we have some time to kill before we find out ;-)