LP580-2

a007apl

I've seen the latest photos of this car, and I have to say, it looks a lot better than the pics that we saw when the car was first being announced. I think it looks terribly mean in white or gray metallic. :icon_thumleft:

Video clearly shows who the car is made for with RWD. I honestly prefer a two wheel drive car for the fun factor like the video shows. The Diablo SV I owned was particularly fun because of the RWD. I know I am probably the few that prefer this in any Lambo but I want it for the fun factor, not for best track time or for safety. That is part of the fun of driving these cars in RWD. The four wheel drive in the G and Murcie were great cars do not get me wrong but I am not worried about track times or the ability to control the car. Yes, you can do fun u-turns, burnouts in AWD but not as fun in RWD...just my .02

I'm looking forward to a more manually responsive version. I enjoy driving... and as awesome as the end results of all the tech are, that old school feeling is a thrill of its own.

A grey metallic roadster pic from last month's unveiling attached

image.jpg

In that case, I wonder if it will have less horsepower than the LP610-4, too?

I think it was Porsche's CEO that recently made the comment about the HP wars and said that instead of making more HP we need to make lighter cars. What if the SL had 610 HP but was insanely lighter than the regular Huracan?

I think it was Porsche's CEO that recently made the comment about the HP wars and said that instead of making more HP we need to make lighter cars. What if the SL had 610 HP but was insanely lighter than the regular Huracan?

As far as weight reduction, That's the philosophy Lotus is built on... "Simplify, then add lightness" - Colin Chapman

Winklemann said it, Porsche's CEO said if you make them look like a half boiled egg you can keep on doing that forever and it will be so much easier on the design department.

In that case, I wonder if it will have less horsepower than the LP610-4, too?

Not that it needs it but I am pretty sure the SL will have more HP.

Not that it needs it but I am pretty sure the SL will have more HP.

Am I the only one that's more psyched about the Huracan SL than the Aventador SV?

Am I the only one that's more psyched about the Huracan SL than the Aventador SV?

No, you're not. Whoever drove H/A back to back acknowledges that Aventador SV or not, is a dying bull.

The Huracan SL is making me second guess my SV Roadster purchase but the H SL isn't here yet therefore I am ok with it.

I wouldn't have the standard Aventador over a Huracan, to me the Huracan is that good.

Aventador, the big V12 remains the big daddy. Very simple for me.

However, the performance has become so close that they need to differentiate them more, or finally give the Aventador 800hp, and less weight.

Aventador, the big V12 remains the big daddy. Very simple for me.

However, the performance has become so close that they need to differentiate them more, or finally give the Aventador 800hp, and less weight.

+1 Yes, more HP and LESS weight for the Aventador!! Also, a change is the transmission software to eliminate/reduce the lag between shifts that you experiance in Strada and Sport mode. Corsa is ok.

Video clearly shows who the car is made for with RWD. I honestly prefer a two wheel drive car for the fun factor like the video shows. The Diablo SV I owned was particularly fun because of the RWD. I know I am probably the few that prefer this in any Lambo but I want it for the fun factor, not for best track time or for safety. That is part of the fun of driving these cars in RWD. The four wheel drive in the G and Murcie were great cars do not get me wrong but I am not worried about track times or the ability to control the car. Yes, you can do fun u-turns, burnouts in AWD but not as fun in RWD...just my .02

RWD is actually faster on the track. So it's not just the fun factor. It is for track times as well.

• 2 weeks later...
No, you're not. Whoever drove H/A back to back acknowledges that Aventador SV or not, is a dying bull.

I 100% disagree with this statement .. I drove the huracan and aventador back to back and thought the huracan was so boring and the aventador was amazing in every way .

Purchased the aventador on the spot that day.

The LP580-2 is a huge step forward. I can't wait to see what they do with the SL.

A less powerful, slower car with lower roadholding ability is a 'step forward'?

• 1 month later...

Anyone going to the special presentation at the dealer for this coming up? Got my invite but don't know for sure I'm going.