Buying this 04 Gallardo.Need your opinion

montana2265

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Lamborghini-Gallar...em=111869466578

It's the cheapest lambo I found.

What do you guys think? Dealer was saying it will go up in price from a year since it's already $15k lower than what they sell at.Is price good? In a year he was telling me I can trade it in towards a better car? Is the color good? Might wrap or dip if I don't like it. I just want a lambo that will get lots of attention in the streets and turn heads. Would this car do that?

I know it's an 04 and it doesn't have the front lift system but would that be a big issue? Also, any other disadvantages of the 04? Any other comments/concerns about this car? Would you recommend getting this?

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The early vin egear cars were known to chew up clutches. I'd want to know if it has a software update and when the last clutch was changed and if possible which clutch is in it as well as an egear snapshot.

The early vin egear cars were known to chew up clutches. I'd want to know if it has a software update and when the last clutch was changed and if possible which clutch is in it as well as an egear snapshot.

I asked dealer he said clutch is pretty much new almost at 95% ill confirm with him asking him about software update

The general rule of thumb is the cheapest isn't the best (which is rather obvious) and it's cheap for a reason.

If you are accepting the words of the dealer (especially one that has no sales history) then it is somewhat counter-productive to ask here. If you can afford to wrap it, then your should spend the cash or work out a deal with the dealer to pay for a legit PPI at an authorized Lambo dealership. While it might not tell everything, it sure would be telling more than just this dealer's words.

Something doesn't look right on this car. Although subjective, the "mods" seem to be in poor taste. And red front side-markers are technically against the law (looks like they are wrapped and as are the tail-lights). That steering wheel looks wrong (spokes should be silver and there should be a notch at the 10 & 2 o'clock respectively) and it seems to be a lot more worn down (shinny leather) than the rest of the car. The reverse button also seems way over-used for a 27267miles car. It also looks like it has the auto-dim rear-view mirror. That can be potentially very costly: the chemicals inside tends to leak and when it does, it is very corrosive and would ruin the centre dash.

What exactly does "in a year, he is telling me I can trade it in towards a better car" mean? You can do that in one day so long as you have the financial means. If the dealer means this car will be worth more in a year when you trade it in for a more costly car, then tell him to put it in writing so that he would honour it if you decide to do just that. Even if so, it's all a numbering game especially when 2 used cars are involved. I don't see any reason on how this car would be worth more down the road. Sounds to me the dealer simply wants this car gone.

I may be wrong but you sound just like another member called revivetheworld (or something to that effect).

My apologies if I'm wrong.

I may be wrong but you sound just like another member called revivetheworld (or something to that effect).

I thought about that too but at least this one isn't a kit car. :)

I thought about that too but at least this one isn't a kit car. :)
Agreed. Almost mentioned kit car in my post above.....

aka "feelthefear". Banned on here and Lambo Talk.

Im selling my black 04 6 speed, 8k miles, ADV1s and exhaust- Ill be listing it soon. Shoot me a msg if you're interested.

I think you can do better, considering the milage i would stay clear.

Just had a question, a friend of mine told me to not get the 04-05 gallardos because of their outdated clutch and no front lift system. What do you guys think is it really a big deal because the price jumps up almost $30k to an 06

I would rather get the 04 because it's cheaper but would the clutch really be causing a big problem

Some 04 i found:

https://www.carsforsale.com/vehicle/details/8524125

https://www.carsforsale.com/vehicle/details/8479837

https://www.carsforsale.com/vehicle/details/4107612

Just had a question, a friend of mine told me to not get the 04-05 gallardos because of their outdated clutch and no front lift system. What do you guys think is it really a big deal because the price jumps up almost $30k to an 06

I would rather get the 04 because it's cheaper but would the clutch really be causing a big problem

Some 04 i found:

https://www.carsforsale.com/vehicle/details/8524125

https://www.carsforsale.com/vehicle/details/8479837

https://www.carsforsale.com/vehicle/details/4107612

Have you priced out the cost to replace the clutch on an 04' e-gear car? or other costs related to the e-gear (pump, etc)?

04-05 I would strictly buy a manual transmission. E-gears generally cost less because they can be money pits, especially if you don't know the history on the car.

06+ is worth the extra money. If you can't swing it, you definitely can't afford the "cheaper" 04-05 car. No joke, you could be 20% of the purchase price in repairs if something goes south.

As everyone else has said, this is about the worst place to be looking for the "cheapest" of something.

Call a few dealers to get a quote on what it will cost to replace the clutch as well as the egear pump. If you cannot pay for that right now, you cannot afford the car. Like others have said, this is not something you look for the cheapest offerings available. Also look into a PPI

Call a few dealers to get a quote on what it will cost to replace the clutch as well as the egear pump. If you cannot pay for that right now, you cannot afford the car. Like others have said, this is not something you look for the cheapest offerings available. Also look into a PPI

:iamwithstupid:

Not cheap enough. Keep looking for the cheapest you can find. One that will crap out in your driveway so you have to sell your computer to fix it and then have no ability to continue posting on the inter web.

Not cheap enough. Keep looking for the cheapest you can find. One that will crap out in your driveway so you have to sell your computer to fix it and then have no ability to continue posting on the inter web.

:lol2:

He can score a great deal on a rolex from the junkie behind 7-11 next door to that dealer.

not sure why you guys are making fun of that 06

its local so i can see it in person.

ya maybe the dealer sells cheap cars but I think the car looks sick

I just need opinions on the car

Car is car. Looks subjective. The issue is that these cars are EXOTIC cars. They are not hondas. Without proper and timely routine and special maintenance there could be many problems that occur after you buy the car. This is why people pay more for cars with maintenance records as well as known owners. This car could be fine for a month then the egear goes out and then you're out $14k to repair it.

Youve gotten lots of opinions, you just don't like/listen to them. You wreak of a 19yr old kid who couldn't swing the insurance payment on that car, by way of your excessive lack of experience buying anything remotely valuable.

If you like the car then nut up and hammer the check. You clearly have no interest in what multiple experienced owners have to say.

Youve gotten lots of opinions, you just don't like/listen to them. You wreak of a 19yr old kid who couldn't swing the insurance payment on that car, by way of your excessive lack of experience buying anything remotely valuable.

If you like the car then nut up and hammer the check. You clearly have no interest in what multiple experienced owners have to say.

i have not seen any advice about the 06 so im not sure what you are talking about

I need to know what to do about the 06 to make sure it isn't a bad deal? I'll ask them about maintaince records and everything and also PPI and clutch life etc

Please let me know any other questions/advice you can give me about this car. Thanks

Honestly, it doesn't sound like you are ready to own a lambo yet. Ask yourself, if the car breaks down 1 week after you buy it and it costs 30k to fix it. Are you OK with that? Can you buy the car cash twice over? If the answer is no, then there are plenty of other cars out there that are plenty fast but much less of a worry.