Movie Review: 13 Hours of Benghazi

jhbchess

Wife is out tonight so I bought 13 Hours of Benghazi on Apple TV. I am 1/3 of the way through the movie and had to pause it before I keep watching.

First of all: On a movie level, I'm loving it. Good visuals, the story moves at a good pace, it seems so screwed up .

Second of all: Watching it this far snapped me back to reading about it in the real world. Hence the pause. I remember reading about this when it happened and again within the last year when articles came out but I'm on a "what really happened, where on the interwebz is a reliable accounting." Google was worthless, the results all seem over SEO'd or something.

I'm looking for someone to steer me towards something to read when the movie is over. I know we have some knowledgeable guys in the house.

Good movie so far. Loving it. Hope wife stays out late with her friends so I can finish it.

POTENTIAL SPOILER ALERTS AMIDST COMMENTARY

I'm now over half-way through the movie and have paused it again. Here are my thoughts:

1. Rules of engagement should be limited to: on a night when your friends have been killing all my friends, if I feel you're a suspicious motherfucker then I can shoot you.

2. Guys ostensibly in charge need to say "you're free to engage" enthusiastically and often

- - - -

Movie just ended. On the fence as to whether the Middle East should be turned into the world's largest source of radioactive glass or not.

POTENTIAL SPOILER ALERTS AMIDST COMMENTARY

I'm now over half-way through the movie and have paused it again. Here are my thoughts:

1. Rules of engagement should be limited to: on a night when your friends have been killing all my friends, if I feel you're a suspicious motherfucker then I can shoot you.

2. Guys ostensibly in charge need to say "you're free to engage" enthusiastically and often

- - - -

Movie just ended. On the fence as to whether the Middle East should be turned into the world's largest source of radioactive glass or not.

Looking forward to watching this. Give me 5 min warning before we light this place up so I can get in to the bunker and let the SEALs know where to come get me. Thanks!

so, electric car advocacy?

I just recently watched it also. Loved it! I want to watch it again.

• 3 months later...
Loved the movie. It was well done.

Two extra thoughts:

1. fcuk the Middle East

2. fcuk Clinton

:iamwithstupid: I just finished this and it was awesome!

They forgot to ask Hillary last night how she liked the movie.

They forgot to ask Hillary a lot of things last night

Solid movie! Know several of the actors that were team guys in the movie. The one that has the long hair and plays one of the two CAG is one of my best friends and was a Team guy (couple pics of him/us - one is him getting ready to drive my LP640). I also worked with a couple of these guys in the new Transformers movie that will be out in 2017. They filmed some of it here in AZ. I unfortunately was wearing a helmet the whole time then had back surgery so no go doing the final filming that they are finishing up outside of the US. Anyway all solid dudes and was a very good movie.

post-10287-1475024287_thumb.jpg

post-10287-1475024303_thumb.jpg

Saw it in theaters and thought it was a great movie. Wasn't like those other movies where they are sitting in a situation room arguing over some politics and other non-sense we actaully got to see some action.

Solid movie! Know several of the actors that were team guys in the movie. The one that has the long hair and plays one of the two CAG is one of my best friends and was a Team guy (couple pics of him/us - one is him getting ready to drive my LP640). I also worked with a couple of these guys in the new Transformers movie that will be out in 2017. They filmed some of it here in AZ. I unfortunately was wearing a helmet the whole time then had back surgery so no go doing the final filming that they are finishing up outside of the US. Anyway all solid dudes and was a very good movie.

halffaceblades :icon_super:

halffaceblades :icon_super:

Yep, Bito owns HFB! Best dude and company makes the best blades! I carry his Karambit.

So, the wife leaves for a day and were dipping into world politics and curing diseases LOL. JK.

Just relating. My wife is gone the whole week, might have to catch this one :D . Thanks for the review.