60+ killed in france truck drove through crowd...

Vegasgtr

I guess this is becoming the new fad every week someone has to out do someone else..

http://www.aol.com/article/2016/07/14/truc...paper/21432395/

PARIS, July 14 (Reuters) - At least 60 people were killed by a truck that drove into the crowd in the southern French coastal resort of Nice on Thursday night during Bastille Day celebrations, news TV channel iTELE said, quoting the local public prosecutor's office.

The driver, who drove at high speed for over 100 meters (yards) along the famed Promenade des Anglais seafront before hitting the mass of spectators, was shot dead, sub-prefect Sebastien Humbert told France Infos radio.

Humbert described it as a clear criminal attack, although the driver was not yet identified. Residents of the Mediterranean city close to the Italian border were advised to stay indoors. There was no sign of any other attack.

Almost exactly eight months ago Islamic State militants killed 130 people in Paris. On Sunday, France had breathed a sigh of relief as the month-long Euro 2016 soccer tournament ended without a feared attack.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's absolutely horrible.

At this point it's like a self-fulfilling prophecy where the media reports on one horrible event, transitions into speculating about what could be next and how bad it could be, and the next nutcase picks up on that and sets out to show the media how bad the next one can be.

Media coverage fuels more attacks. More attack a fuel more coverage.

At this point it's like a self-fulfilling prophecy where the media reports on one horrible event, transitions into speculating about what could be next and how bad it could be, and the next nutcase picks up on that and sets out to show the media how bad the next one can be.

well , this guy gave a lot of people a good idea without a gun to kill a shitload of people anywhere in the world... You could rent a moving truck and literally wipe out 100+ people on las vegas blvd. On a busy day we see 1000's walking the strip.

Reminds me of the Rammstein Song "Ich Will", which is about exactly that, the glorification of horrible events.

(I won't post the video in video mode so there's less clutter in this thread)

I am surprised this hasn't happened more. It is far easier to get your hands on a car than a gun. Just think of all the times you have gone to a major sporting event and been standing on a street corner surrounded by thousands of people paying no attention to danger.

"I am surprised this hasn't happened more. It is far easier to get your hands on a car than a gun."

We must ban the high capacity straight trucks if it only saves one life!

Signed, Feinstein, Schummer, Boxer, et al

post-7524-1468553481.gif

I am not trying to start a "don't take my guns argument" but think about it for a moment. This sick bastard just showed all the other crazys that they don't need to worry about carrying out their attacks in places where they have access to guns. They can now go anywhere that they can get their hands on a vehicle and carry out a mass killing. Think of all the large gatherings in cities around the world, majors sports in the US, political conventions, parades, even a bus stop in a decent sized city can have 20+ people just sitting there.

This won't be the last attack like this, it's just the beginning. No more sneaking pressure cooker bombs or guns into areas, just drive a vehicle because nobody can differentiate a normal delivery truck from one with a crazed mass murderer behind the wheel. How do you protect against it?

Holy crap... I am literally about to leave for the airport, direction Nice. Just saw this news on my phone... fcuk this. fcuk it. This is horrible. I'm shocked.

Rip to all the victims.

I'm afraid of possible follow ups. Debating staying the fcuk home with the gf. At least my country is safe from this shit.

fcuking politicians, they just had to support "democracy", fcuking hypocrites. Lets create a political void in the Middle east, surely it will be filled by democrats and human rights advocates. Surely it will never empower the extremist elements there and in turn everywhere else. fcuk isis and everyone else, they want to live in the middle ages, let them, seal them off with a fcuking wall , bomb them until there's no one left, for all i care.

Is it just me? Am I the only one who remembers a safer time when the middle east was ruled by "evil" despots, and the world was a much better place? Bring them back!

RIP.

80+ dead and 40+ in critical condition... He had a ton of weapons and grenades were found in truck... anyone know why France has been such a big target lately?