Balboni is a stud in an SV!

Plastique999

Was perusing and may be repost but....

Love Balboni's passion for Lambo - tracking the SV, (with doors up!) and power sliding it.

Also was wondering is the matte blue a PTS or wrap?

The color with small wing looks absolute amazing!

He is quite the man, and as well as being cool as chit he is humble and approachable.

Color of the SV is very nice and the car looks great with the small rear wing, What is that stick looking thing with a ball on top of it between the seats? I like that also.

In early 2009 I was privileged to see the SV prototype at the factory in Italy. The one I saw had a big wing, big sticker and was an e gear. They said there was NO option to get a gated 6 speed. Later that day I had lunch in town with my friend Mr VB. He told me that I should order one right away, BUT, get it with a 'Small-Speed wing"..I didn't even know it came that way or you could get it, we didn't see it at the factory, nor did they mention this option. He then told me to get the 6 speed as well. I told him they (factory) told us NO 6 speeds for the car. He said, in an Italian way..BS...push them and they will.

When I got back to the states in March of 09, I placed my order with my NEW LAMBO Dealer for the car. When I told him I wanted the 'Small Wing", he said I dont see it on the order form...he had the same answer when I said I wanted the gated 6 speed..and added that he KNEW you could not get it with a 6 speed. I shared what Mr VB told me.

Well we went back and forth with the factory..after a few e mail exchanges, yes the speed wing was going to be on the car. (turns out it was standard and no extra $14k up charge like the big wing)..BUT NO WAY was it to get a 6 speed gated..I held strong and said if there was no 6 speed I would not order the car. After a few days back and forth again...they said "OK, you get a 6 speed....but NO $10K discount off for no E GEAR..same price" I jumped on it. They even gave me car plaque #12 to match my Diablo 6.0SE #12. I took delivery of it in the USA in late July 2009. It was the FIRST NON Factory press car int he USA to a retail customer.

If it was not for MR VB telling me to push them...it may never have happened. I see him multiple times a year now...and he always ask me if I still have the car. I say yes, he says GOOD never sell it, the BEST V12 Lamborghini made before they but the engine to sleep for the new one in the AVENT...

In early 2009 I was privileged to see the SV prototype at the factory in Italy. The one I saw had a big wing, big sticker and was an e gear. They said there was NO option to get a gated 6 speed. Later that day I had lunch in town with my friend Mr VB. He told me that I should order one right away, BUT, get it with a 'Small-Speed wing"..I didn't even know it came that way or you could get it, we didn't see it at the factory, nor did they mention this option. He then told me to get the 6 speed as well. I told him they (factory) told us NO 6 speeds for the car. He said, in an Italian way..BS...push them and they will.

When I got back to the states in March of 09, I placed my order with my NEW LAMBO Dealer for the car. When I told him I wanted the 'Small Wing", he said I dont see it on the order form...he had the same answer when I said I wanted the gated 6 speed..and added that he KNEW you could not get it with a 6 speed. I shared what Mr VB told me.

Well we went back and forth with the factory..after a few e mail exchanges, yes the speed wing was going to be on the car. (turns out it was standard and no extra $14k up charge like the big wing)..BUT NO WAY was it to get a 6 speed gated..I held strong and said if there was no 6 speed I would not order the car. After a few days back and forth again...they said "OK, you get a 6 speed....but NO $10K discount off for no E GEAR..same price" I jumped on it. They even gave me car plaque #12 to match my Diablo 6.0SE #12. I took delivery of it in the USA in late July 2009. It was the FIRST NON Factory press car int he USA to a retail customer.

If it was not for MR VB telling me to push them...it may never have happened. I see him multiple times a year now...and he always ask me if I still have the car. I say yes, he says GOOD never sell it, the BEST V12 Lamborghini made before they but the engine to sleep for the new one in the AVENT...

What a frickin cool story!!

Balboni is such an ambassador for the heart of Lamborghini.

I always see him at Concorso Italiano or Italian Stampede and he is always all smiles and so friendly, humble as you say with a magnetic personality.

So is the matte blue factory paint? Love that color

What a frickin cool story!!

Balboni is such an ambassador for the heart of Lamborghini.

I always see him at Concorso Italiano or Italian Stampede and he is always all smiles and so friendly, humble as you say with a magnetic personality.

So is the matte blue factory paint? Love that color

Yes it was, that car was a Euro version factory test car. I do not know what happened to it. I not even sure if it ever made it to a retail sale and into private hands. There were TWO SV test cars that were totaled in various incidents/accidents. I know what one was VI, but not sure what the other one was, if it was this one or not.

Interesting story... I was invited to the LP670 SV unveiling (they had a model of the car) back in 2008 and that was my first time meeting Stephan Winkleman. They listed both wing options (personally I love the crazy look of the big wing more) and I asked them about a manual option for the car. They said to reserve an E-gear order the cost was $50k deposit, for a manual the cost would be $100k deposit. I wonder why they gave you such a hassle...they even offered the 6-speed at $10k less than the E-gear to me at the time. Naturally my only question to them was "Does it come in Monterey Blue?" and they told me I would have to go Ad Personam for it and it'd probably be another $15k, which is funny that my friend actually wound up ordering the only Monterey Blue LP670 in the US before deciding not to take delivery of the car, and then through a chain of events it wound up at your shop and as your forum avatar picture :icon_mrgreen:

Always great to see Balboni thrashing a Lambo about! Thanks for sharing the vid Plastique999!

Was perusing and may be repost but....

Love Balboni's passion for Lambo - tracking the SV, (with doors up!) and power sliding it.

Also was wondering is the matte blue a PTS or wrap?

The color with small wing looks absolute amazing!

The Murci VB driven here in this video is a first gen Murci converted, NOT REAL LP670 SV :eusa_naughty:

The Murci VB driven here in this video is a first gen Murci converted, NOT REAL LP670 SV :eusa_naughty:

Interesting, the description says it is a 1st gen Murcie with full conversion to 670. Does that mean the engine was the 670 test mule? Exterior has the logo and small wing. Interior does look 1st gen Murcie.

Curious about engine...next time I see Balboni, I will have to ask him.

Talk about a unicorn car! I think the paint is original on this murci! The fact that it's a six speed manual and has a small wing, (like Roy was saying) is incredible! I can't believe I haven't seen this video yet! Thanks for posting! There's just something magical about Valentino. It's almost like he's not even human. I can't wait to see him again one day.

Excellent catch...boy someone spent a lot of money to get to the SV look,..but the telling key looking at it closely is the Dash. Its all leather. The SV dash his half and half leather and alcantera

It almost fooled me till I looked at it twice...

Interesting story... I was invited to the LP670 SV unveiling (they had a model of the car) back in 2008 and that was my first time meeting Stephan Winkleman. They listed both wing options (personally I love the crazy look of the big wing more) and I asked them about a manual option for the car. They said to reserve an E-gear order the cost was $50k deposit, for a manual the cost would be $100k deposit. I wonder why they gave you such a hassle...they even offered the 6-speed at $10k less than the E-gear to me at the time. Naturally my only question to them was "Does it come in Monterey Blue?" and they told me I would have to go Ad Personam for it and it'd probably be another $15k, which is funny that my friend actually wound up ordering the only Monterey Blue LP670 in the US before deciding not to take delivery of the car, and then through a chain of events it wound up at your shop and as your forum avatar picture :icon_mrgreen:

Always great to see Balboni thrashing a Lambo about! Thanks for sharing the vid Plastique999!

Interesting...maybe they changed their minds between 08 and 09...the one thing I have come to learn about Lamborghini..is there are NO two things the same and NOTHING is stone solid in writing that cant be changed.

Excellent catch...boy someone spent a lot of money to get to the SV look,..but the telling key looking at it closely is the Dash. Its all leather. The SV dash his half and half leather and alcantera

It almost fooled me till I looked at it twice...

Do you think it's possible that it was ordered like this?

the one thing I have come to learn about Lamborghini..is there are NO two things the same and NOTHING is stone solid in writing that cant be changed.

Agreed :icon_thumleft:

I was at the factory for the launch and both wing options were mentioned

... but they never said you could have manual

and I asked for a custom colour and was told absolutely no chance

iirc that was in October, my car was due to turn up in London in May and about I week before it arrived I was driving along and I see this Middle Eastern SV in a custom silver - to say I was pissed off was an understatement as I really wanted the car in blue

I was at the factory for the launch and both wing options were mentioned

... but they never said you could have manual

and I asked for a custom colour and was told absolutely no chance

iirc that was in October, my car was due to turn up in London in May and about I week before it arrived I was driving along and I see this Middle Eastern SV in a custom silver - to say I was pissed off was an understatement as I really wanted the car in blue

I wonder if things/options may have been different for US cars and Euro cars?

I do know for a fact you could not get the racing 4 point SV belts in the US cars.

I had a friend order a set for his Euro car in Italy...then he shipped them to me stateside.

Still have never installed them. Thought they were cool so I got them.

Still wrapped up in the factory plastic bags.

I wonder if things/options may have been different for US cars and Euro cars?

I do know for a fact you could not get the racing 4 point SV belts in the US cars.

I had a friend order a set for his Euro car in Italy...then he shipped them to me stateside.

Still have never installed them. Thought they were cool so I got them.

Still wrapped up in the factory plastic bags.

Funny, I have the factory racing harnesses for my CGT...likewise wrapped in plastic, not installed because you have to drill into the floor of the CF tub to install them.

Now does the SV or Murcie have custom luggage built for it? I'd order it in a heartbeat.

Cool vid & cool story Roy.

To add to the discrepancies on that car, while it does have an early dash, it has the correct late window switches, double din radio and SV seats. Its also missing the SV wheels, it has Hermeras instead.

• 3 weeks later...

What a great story.

To have the shot at factory ordering a 6MT 670SV with low wing would be the dream.

Telesto, orange brakes, black/orange interior would be my pick.

That is a good effort on the 2001 facelift, most wouldn't go so far as to fit the $2000 from factory 09+ window switches

• 2 weeks later...

Interesting side-ways burnout getaway, haven't managed that yet with 4wd and manual. Cool!

Could it be a prototype test car as previously mentioned? Wheels and dash clearly mk1 Murci.

Interesting side-ways burnout getaway, haven't managed that yet with 4wd and manual. Cool!

Could it be a prototype test car as previously mentioned? Wheels and dash clearly mk1 Murci.

Wheels were offered on LP640.

Looks like the proper interior (screen & 2009+ window switches) but you're right, that's an early Murci cluster.

Valentino can do burnout and not damage the car. He's the best!