Factory Racing Exhaust plus tune for AVSV!

TeamSalamone

I had said it on many occasions: the cabin of a Lamborghini renders it physically impossible to have decent sound, let alone good one; even with DSP and active crossovers etc... With the SV, it would be much worse as nearly all the carpet, padding and soft surfaces had been eliminated. Sound will bounce everywhere thus causing the hallow sound & echo. Dynamat/insulating the doors will have minimal result if any. Those are for damping the speakers' "enclosures", in this case, the doors; that's not the primary cause of the poor sound; it's the hard surfaces. :(

agree 100%, I guess we are SOL

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Any idea how long it takes for a dealership to receive the factory race exhaust once the waiver is signed? Does the race exhaust come directly from the factory?

The hardware is not unlike any other car parts. Either the dealership stocks them or it comes from Lambo and its network. As the race exhaust is a high-priced item, it's doubtful that any dealer would stock more than 2, if any at all. (Not to mention it takes up plenty of space as well.) As mentioned by someone else, the factory wasn't releasing the software update that comes with the race exhaust until the recall kit is out. So from an economic standpoint the factory won't be making/ordering any physical race exhaust either. Now that the recall kit is out, the floodgate for the demand of the race exhaust is opened; especially for SV owners; whatever stock was left is almost instantly taken by those who were at the front of the line. Better for the customer to wait than for Lamborghini themselves sitting on a large inventory of race exhaust. The fact that they are, technically, for track use only ups Lambo's anxiety of uncertain demands.

Once the dealership supplies the signed waiver and the S/N of the race exhaust to the factory, they will supply the related software to the dealer within a day so the dealer can complete the full installation.

agree 100%, I guess we are SOL

Regrettably, yes. TBH, if it were not for the resale value, I would have opted out on the stereo/GPS/camera altogether. It's a SV after all so it should be as light and as hardcore as possible; would have shaved at least 25lbs off (2 woofers, 2 tweeters, screen, control panel, media drive, steering wheel buttons and dials, camera and wiring; everything adds up). But I learned it the hard way from my MY08 Superleggera (no stereo/GPS/camera at all). I was lucky as I traded it in for another bull; the dealer couldn't give it away because every potential buyer said the car has no tunes! They won't make that same mistake again so they would rather cut me a deal on the car entertainment option than to omit one.

I just scooped up the last in stock race exhaust at LoV. I will have it installed at the same time as the recall is done, I was told 2017's still don't have the software update available.

I just scooped up the last in stock race exhaust at LoV. I will have it installed at the same time as the recall is done.

:icon_thumleft: You won't be disappointed. When are you returning?

Leaving Palm Springs April 21st and be in Vancouver on the 24th. I will probably fly home and leave my SV in Vancouver until it's all done.

I just scooped up the last in stock race exhaust at LoV. I will have it installed at the same time as the recall is done, I was told 2017's still don't have the software update available.

That's incorrect. It is available. Sometimes you have to be persistent with the dealers or they will take the path with least resistance.

That's incorrect. It is available. Sometimes you have to be persistent with the dealers or they will take the path with least resistance.

It's not "officially" available yet... I trust we all knew what that means...

Good to know rhyno, your exhaust is currently inside a glass display case 3 feet next to the service director. :icon_thumleft:

It's not "officially" available yet... I trust we all knew what that means...

Good to know rhyno, your exhaust is currently inside a glass display case 3 feet next to the service director. :icon_thumleft:

😉 It's in good hands!!!

So my new factory race exhaust arrived at my dealership today! Will be installed on Monday. My dealer (STL Lambo) was able to locate one from Dallas Lambo, but Dallas Lambo upcharged my dealer because of the high demand.

Lambo Miami has one in stock as well, but they won't give it up to other dealers.

Tried the mothers polish etc and so did mechanic it's impossible, heat will change colour of exhaust to yellow/brown.. If replaced it'll do it again because of the material used.. Given what happened to Salamone and others, Factory should come up with a better solution/design or at least hide the burnt tips with a nice casing of some sort..

Tried the mothers polish etc and so did mechanic it's impossible, heat will change colour of exhaust to yellow/brown.. If replaced it'll do it again because of the material used.. Given what happened to Salamone and others, Factory should come up with a better solution/design or at least hide the burnt tips with a nice casing of some sort..

it's about the passion mate, the passion.

funny thing is for me ... the chrome is the dullest part of my car ..

but like I said when I started this thread... I was horrified when I heard the stock SV at Amelia island... I didn't hear it. I was a laughing stock in my 2012 aventador next to a Scuderia 16m and my 1st SV was shamed by huracans ... big time. this race exhaust is what I had been talking about in all focus groups since 2012 !! It completely enhanced the entire SV ownership in a way I cant even describe. It is exactly what I had asked for in focus groups ...

That and a button on my freakin remote key that would pop the door open and UP automatically. seriously is that too hard

funny thing is for me ... the chrome is the dullest part of my car ..

That and a button on my freakin remote key that would pop the door open and UP automatically. seriously is that too hard

I told the factory that this exhaust quality is unacceptable. So far it is only yellow but not peeling lol.

Race exhaust comes with a shiny surround that you can't even install on the SV but only on the LP700 so the factory should design one for the SV if they can't come up with a proper quality metal solution!

They promised to look into it... but I am not holding my breath. I mean it took them 6 y to recall the fire thing.

I say keep insisting they fix the damn quality of the material to handle the heat or have it encased with a shiny surround or something that fits on SV...

I totally agree with remote key to open and shut doors. No excuse for factory not doing it.

Come on guys lobby the factory, tell them. It will help them in R&D improve their product.

• 2 weeks later...

My race exhaust was installed by my dealership last Wednesday and I received the car last Friday around 11 PM. When the car started in the trailer to be unloaded, OMG, the sound was LOUD af and menace! Needless to say, I was very impressed and I didn't rev it due to the time of night to get any true sounds.

On Sat (two days ago) I took the car out and rev'ed a little and MAN! Sounded amazing!! Still has the crackles and pops too! I was afraid that I was going to loose that with the upgrade. I knew the stock fat turkey exhaust did have the crackles and pops. The car now doesn't have CATs and it's just constantly roars since start! Sounds very throaty and low tones. Can't wait to drive her more and get to hear the race exhaust after I protect her by wrapping the entire car with Suntek film.

My race exhaust was installed by my dealership last Wednesday and I received the car last Friday around 11 PM. When the car started in the trailer to be unloaded, OMG, the sound was LOUD af and menace! Needless to say, I was very impressed and I didn't rev it due to the time of night to get any true sounds.

On Sat (two days ago) I took the car out and rev'ed a little and MAN! Sounded amazing!! Still has the crackles and pops too! I was afraid that I was going to loose that with the upgrade. I knew the stock fat turkey exhaust did have the crackles and pops. The car now doesn't have CATs and it's just constantly roars since start! Sounds very throaty and low tones. Can't wait to drive her more and get to hear the race exhaust after I protect her by wrapping the entire car with Suntek film.

awesome!

do you have race cats or no cats? any CEL lights triggered?

PICS!!!

Does it feel any quicker ? Along with the tune?

• 3 weeks later...
Holy crap, the stock exhaust is huge. What's the weight difference?

Reduces weight by 20kg ++

IMG_2744.PNG