pakisho

Presidential Election  

166 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you support?

• Hillary Clinton
    • Donald Trump
    • Gary Johnson
    • Jill Stein

As I said before, I don't like Trump, but all the hoopla over his kissing women-grabbing vagina description is IMO way overblown, because a crap-ton of the people doing the criticizing have associated with Bill Clinton and had no problem with it, or would have no problem with it. Paul Ryan for example is good friends with Bill. He doesn't have a, "That man is disgusting and horrible, no way will I associate with such pond scum" attitude but for some reason, it is okay with Trump.

Bill meanwhile was an honored speaker at the Democratic National Convention.

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The curtain is pulled back... We see how the sausage is made... And we dont like it... The illusion of democratic systems to choose our leaders has been destroyed. Which is why I don't think he'll win.

IMO, he could win if he had more self-control and could stop saying stupid things. There's the saying, "Threw everything but the kitchen sink at him," well the GOP elites not only threw the kitchen sink, they pretty much tried to bash him over the head with it to stop him from winning the nomination, but he got it anyway. So I do not believe they could stop him from getting elected. They could do plenty to screw up his chances of a successful presidency by hamstringing legislation desires on his part and just in general not cooperating, but otherwise I do not think they could stop him from getting elected.

The reason he is lagging in the polls is himself. He turned what was an almost tie with Hillary into her having a lead. Then when Kellyanne Conway took over as his campaign manager and got him to tone it down, he started reclosing the gap with Hillary. Hillary is eminently beatable. A lot of people really do not like her. But they like Trump even less. So he has made it where he is trailing her in the polls and has now even thrown traditional red states like Texas (TEXAS!), Georgia, etc...into play.

Remember the "Mitt Romney hasnt paid taxes" thing by harry reid? That was a lie. Harry Reid KNEW it was a lie. They knew he couldn't release his taxes without putting OTHER PEOPLE's financial info out there... Which he was unlikely to do. So they lied and said "he didn't pay".

Harry Reid admitted it was a lie to, afterwards. He said, "Mitt Romney couldn't win." Then he with a very snide tone said, "Mitt Romney didn't win, did he?" basically a, "I lied, sue me (which Romney couldn't because of how he did it)."

That said, if Trump can't release his tax returns without exposing other people's financial information, why not just say so? Why not address it in a debate for example and just say, "I would love to release my tax returns, but the problem is that I can't do it without exposing the financial information of a lot of other people."

Harry Reid admitted it was a lie to, afterwards. He said, "Mitt Romney couldn't win." Then he with a very snide tone said, "Mitt Romney didn't win, did he?" basically a, "I lied, sue me (which Romney couldn't because of how he did it)."

That said, if Trump can't release his tax returns without exposing other people's financial information, why not just say so? Why not address it in a debate for example and just say, "I would love to release my tax returns, but the problem is that I can't do it without exposing the financial information of a lot of other people."

People are too dumb to get that... The tax code is a fcuking mystery to most people... They dont understand K1s or or other complex accounting... And guess what, they'd STILL find something to bitch about... He'd release them and not release the K1s and theyd say "what shady characters does he do business with, why wont he release them..." Better to say "fcuk you" than play that game.

You have to understand something. THERE IS NO RIGHT ANSWER... They have a spin for whatever he says or does, and the best strategy is to pull the "Obama" and give as little information as you can (But the press only allows that pass for an Obama...) We know LESS about Obama than any President in history... A two term state senator turned half term U.S. Senator (which, btw, he didnt "win" either election- in the first race he ran unopposed and in the second his opponent had dirt dug up on him by his ex wife and dropped out before the election), but the press didnt care... they let it all slide because he was cool.

Good point, he is fucked either way, just like Clinton was. I'd still like to take a look. He is undermining traditional norms and nobody forced him to run.

Good point, he is fucked either way, just like Clinton was. I'd still like to take a look. He is undermining traditional norms and nobody forced him to run.

Which is exactly what he should be doing...as Roman pointed out, the "norm" is f*cked by by bureaucrats and now the curtain is fully pulled back.

And I'm going to keep harping on this because no one seems to have a clue about how to answer this...how is Clinton's platform better for the USA over all?

I still think Trump will win because despite the dog and pony show being played out in the press, the world of back-channeling deals is much at play. If they really hated Trump as much as they say there's no way he'd get the GOP nomination...no way they'd suffer the embarrassment or risk.

My 2 cents

Which is exactly what he should be doing...as Roman pointed out, the "norm" is f*cked by by bureaucrats and now the curtain is fully pulled back.

And I'm going to keep harping on this because no one seems to have a clue about how to answer this...how is Clinton's platform better for the USA over all?

I still think Trump will win because despite the dog and pony show being played out in the press, the world of back-channeling deals is much at play. If they really hated Trump as much as they say there's no way he'd get the GOP nomination...no way they'd suffer the embarrassment or risk.

My 2 cents

Well. That's the key. And why polling on this election (like it's been on the last several elections as well as the brexit) is so worthless.

Trump threatens to awaken a pissed off portion of the electorate who have rarely or never voted before. That 60% of registered voters (and millions of newly registered people who were always eligible to vote but didn't even register ). If they show up (and I'm not convinced either way yet) he wins. In an ugly brutal way.

The reason he is lagging in the polls is himself. He turned what was an almost tie with Hillary into her having a lead. Then when Kellyanne Conway took over as his campaign manager and got him to tone it down, he started reclosing the gap with Hillary.

Then the Democrats opened their election opposition play book 101, step by step how to successfully undermine your opponent.

1) Claim your opponent didn't pay their taxes

2) Claim your opponent had an affair or multiple affairs

3) Claim your opponent wants to start wars or is a nuclear threat

Most if not all of these things are brought up about the republican candidate in each presidential election cycle.

It is just distract, distract, distract the voters from the democratic candidate and shift the negative focus onto the republican challenger.

Hillary has no record of accomplishing anything beneficial after all of her many years in politics.

Democrats are the most violent, intolerant, corrupt, and hateful people on the planet.

Aaaand /close thread :rolleyes:

Democrats are the most violent, intolerant, corrupt, and hateful people on the planet.

Try to keep it civil or as lambornima said it will result in the thread being closed.

Try to keep it civil or as lambornima said it will result in the thread being closed.

:iamwithstupid:

Anyway back to the subject. I'm getting really tired of hearing that the Russians are behind all the wikileaks stuff without a shred of proof

that I've seen. The election is important and I don't think "just trust us" is good enough. Show us the proof.

Btw folks.... read the stickies... this is one of those threads....

Anyway back to the subject. I'm getting really tired of hearing that the Russians are behind all the wikileaks stuff without a shred of proof

that I've seen. The election is important and I don't think "just trust us" is good enough. Show us the proof.

And what would constitute proof in your books?

That isn't true. There are plenty of Democrats who are very good people and patriotic about the country. Don't let the extremists on each side define your view.

I read an article this morning on the theories of why supporters are buying in and look the other way on so many "contradictions."

"The press takes him literally, but not seriously; his supporters take him seriously, but not literally." It's a good point.

The article then went on to bring up Trumpery, a word I was not familiar with. I literally thought I was being trolled so I grabbed my Webster's hard copy and this is the definition.

Trumpery [<Fr. tromper. deceive]

1. something showy but worthless 2. nonsense

Prescient...

Trump yesterday undermined himself AGAIN with another negative news cycle by leading off his latest attempt to reset, his first 100 day policy speech by attacking and stating he was going to sue his accusers after the election. I actually only caught part of the speech after he had made his comments about his accusers. I was like, looks like is back on message for a final push. Then the pundits pounced on those comments. I don't think he wants to win, he can't be that unaware how these types of statements erode support among women where he is already trailing significantly.

That isn't true. There are plenty of Democrats who are very good people and patriotic about the country. Don't let the extremists on each side define your view.

:iamwithstupid:

How many of you are afraid to publicly express support to Trump or conservative talking points on your social media? If so, why?

I've never felt the need to publicly support anything. If I like a certain candidate, ask me and I'll reason with you. If not, I'll keep it to myself.

If I did, who cares? It's my opinion, bring on the hate.

It seems like the democratic party is straight brain-washing people w/ media. It's unpopular to support Trump, which is why most people publicly support Hillary publicly and hate on Trump publicly. It's the popular thing to do.

Also, it's been the reasoning behind the parties for years. Democrats for the poor, Republicans for the rich. Completely false, but if that's all you've been taught to know..... easy to blindly vote.

Anyway. Walking Dead soon. LOL . Zombies...