pakisho

Presidential Election  

166 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you support?

• Hillary Clinton
    • Donald Trump
    • Gary Johnson
    • Jill Stein

Your "I can't hear you" is exactly right. You refuse to take an objective look at what I'm saying.

No, I have. I posted a response to it previously that you conveniently ignored. This unfortunately isn't something that boils down to a matter of opinion, it's a black and white subject.

Does the guy that puts the shoes on the horse that wins the triple crown get paid 7 figures for it? Or does he get paid pretty much the going rate for installing horse shoes? He arguably played a significant role in the horse winning... but his task, while critical, was easily done by any number of people. So he doesn't get the big pay check. The guy who invested his time and $$, raised the horse, and took the risk, HE gets the big pay day.

How about the guy who drives the semi-truck that hauls around Ferrari's F1 cars. Without him, Ferrari would never win another race. Surely he should be paid at least 10% of what Vettle collects... Or is he just another dude who happens to transport race cars instead of onions.

You're just another dude with some horse shoes, or driving a truck. Be the dude that owns the horse or drives the F1 car, and you will get paid... yes, being those things is exceedingly difficult.

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No, I have. I posted a response to it previously that you conveniently ignored. This unfortunately isn't something that boils down to a matter of opinion, it's a black and white subject.

Does the guy that puts the shoes on the horse that wins the triple crown get paid 7 figures for it? Or does he get paid pretty much the going rate for installing horse shoes? He arguably played a significant role in the horse winning... but his task, while critical, was easily done by any number of people. So he doesn't get the big pay check. The guy who invested his time and $$, raised the horse, and took the risk, HE gets the big pay day.

How about the guy who drives the semi-truck that hauls around Ferrari's F1 cars. Without him, Ferrari would never win another race. Surely he should be paid at least 10% of what Vettle collects... Or is he just another dude who happens to transport race cars instead of onions.

You're just another dude with some horse shoes, or driving a truck. Be the dude that owns the horse or drives the F1 car, and you will get paid... yes, being those things is exceedingly difficult.

I'll have to look back. I don't choose to ignore any posts that are constructive/add value. I only recently started taking the bait for the nonsense... which i am washing my hands of.

You are making great points my friend- but at some point you will have to come to the realization that could and should are not always interchangeable. Those people are necessary for the world to perpetuate. If we keep going down this road of spiraling out of control capitalism= eventually people from my of this wall are going to come and take things from people on your side of the wall. There are a lot more of me than there are you.

I'd rather not be around when (not if) that finally happens... but if we keep ignoring this, keep saying "work harder, try something else, do something that someone else hasn't done" in response to someone making the points that I have=== it's definitely coming.

If you say so..

I get more pleasure out of seeing people win than I do looking down my nose at them. But hey- you wear it well. Let's see who is better off in 100 years!

You do? Your boss is winning. I don't see you being happy for him.

You do? Your boss is winning. I don't see you being happy for him.

Actually, I am quite happy with and for him. This does not necessarily mean I am satisfied with what I am paid vs. what I produce. Much of my point of view is formed based on previous positions in other companies and the overall state of the world we live in. If I was unhappy where I am= I wouldn't have a second of hesitation to get up and leave.

Not that I need validation from you in any way, but just last night I took a step toward starting up something. Bought the domain. This was the result of another owner's POSITIVE words... not your petty, limp wristed attacks. But keep em coming! You're burrrrning me!!!

I'll have to look back. I don't choose to ignore any posts that are constructive/add value. I only recently started taking the bait for the nonsense... which i am washing my hands of.

You are making great points my friend- but at some point you will have to come to the realization that could and should are not always interchangeable. Those people are necessary for the world to perpetuate. If we keep going down this road of spiraling out of control capitalism= eventually people from my of this wall are going to come and take things from people on your side of the wall. There are a lot more of me than there are you.

I'd rather not be around when (not if) that finally happens... but if we keep ignoring this, keep saying "work harder, try something else, do something that someone else hasn't done" in response to someone making the points that I have=== it's definitely coming.

And there it is. Give us some of your stuff or we'll take it. Because we deserve it. In other words, your individual liberty only goes as far as my needs may allow. BTW, capitalism has raised the standard of living for more people all over the world than every other factor combined, but there are still millions of people who would be helped by it "spiraling out of control" a bit more.

And there it is. Give us some of your stuff or we'll take it. Because we deserve it. In other words, your individual liberty only goes as far as my needs may allow. BTW, capitalism has raised the standard of living for more people all over the world than every other factor combined, but there are still millions of people who would be helped by it "spiraling out of control" a bit more.

I didn't want to paint that picture- but it's getting to look like we are headed in this direction. Think of The Dark Knight Rises.. and the looting scenes. I think after this administration is done with its meddling, and people are in real trouble= there will be far fewer supporters of 'that side'. At least now- the attempt is to legislate the robbery.

Really- it's not too different than people from less fortunate neighborhoods coming to mine and stealing the change from cars at night..

I didn't want to paint that picture- but it's getting to look like we are headed in this direction. Think of The Dark Knight Rises.. and the looting scenes. I think after this administration is done with its meddling, and people are in real trouble= there will be far fewer supporters of 'that side'. At least now- the attempt is to legislate the robbery.

Really- it's not too different than people from less fortunate neighborhoods coming to mine and stealing the change from cars at night..

You realize the math doesn't work right? Even if you took ALL the money from the top 10% of the US population, it wouldn't fix anything. Beyond that, as soon as you come close to enacting those things, the jobs stop, the businesses close, all the worker bees are fucked. Then what? You look to the gov't to support you?

Then... the gov't opens businesses and pays people what they feel is a livable wage... based on nothing. You live in gov't housing, buy what you are allowed to buy from a gov't store.

Sounds like coal miner towns in the 1950's.

You can't legislate this without completely removing incentive and having the government mandate and control everything, on a global scale. When that happens innovation of any kind stops and it essentially boils down to a world of slavery where people work for nothing but to create food.

Your logic is so fundamentally flawed, it's frightening.

You're serious, aren't you?

:eusa_think:

You realize the math doesn't work right? Even if you took ALL the money from the top 10% of the US population, it wouldn't fix anything. Beyond that, as soon as you come close to enacting those things, the jobs stop, the businesses close, all the worker bees are fucked. Then what? You look to the gov't to support you?

Then... the gov't opens businesses and pays people what they feel is a livable wage... based on nothing. You live in gov't housing, buy what you are allowed to buy from a gov't store.

Sounds like coal miner towns in the 1950's.

You can't legislate this without completely removing incentive and having the government mandate and control everything, on a global scale. When that happens innovation of any kind stops and it essentially boils down to a world of slavery where people work for nothing but to create food.

Your logic is so fundamentally flawed, it's frightening.

Funny- I was about to say the same thing.

I argue that this is what we basically have now= people are working for nothing but to put food on the table. You have no idea because you clearly have.

You (the royal you, you- meaning those who have) are killing incentive by taking huge paychecks and paying out "industry standard"... which is nothing more than again, a coc k fight where this guy is more hungry and is willing to do it for less. It is THIS that kills the incentive of everyone else.

While I'm making my point= do you feel that a civil servant, be it a Post Man, Police Man, DMV worker.. what ever= should make MORE than someone working in the private sector? I sure as hell don't. But this is the reality because- again, those who have, those job creators, those complaining about the very taxes that are paying the civil servants= aren't paying the people making them money enough.

Now- I'll add- I do feel that our police officers should be paid well. However- those who went on to further their education, their marketability= should be paid more. If you disagree with that= I'm sorry to tell you, but you have a fundamentally flawed view.

I am NOT saying that a "worker bee" should get RICH off of a 9-5. I am saying that with a good education and role= they should be quite comfortable.

You're serious, aren't you?

:eusa_think:

Quite.. do you think that this can continue for much longer? I sure don't.

I've spent enough time on this.. Cheers guys..

Funny- I was about to say the same thing.

I argue that this is what we basically have now= people are working for nothing but to put food on the table. You have no idea because you clearly have.

You (the royal you, you- meaning those who have) are killing incentive by taking huge paychecks and paying out "industry standard"... which is nothing more than again, a coc k fight where this guy is more hungry and is willing to do it for less. It is THIS that kills the incentive of everyone else.

This is complete BS, and has been explained to you numerous times already (obviously it isn't sinking in because you have embedded this "woe is me" attitude so deeply you can't hear the explanation). There is plenty of incentive not to remain a hungry worker bee "willing to do it for less" and to move to something that pays better. Whether through additional education or training, by doing a bang up job and moving up within the organization, by starting a business, etc.

While I'm making my point= do you feel that a civil servant, be it a Post Man, Police Man, DMV worker.. what ever= should make MORE than someone working in the private sector? I sure as hell don't. But this is the reality because- again, those who have, those job creators, those complaining about the very taxes that are paying the civil servants= aren't paying the people making them money enough.

Now- I'll add- I do feel that our police officers should be paid well. However- those who went on to further their education, their marketability= should be paid more. If you disagree with that= I'm sorry to tell you, but you have a fundamentally flawed view.

I am NOT saying that a "worker bee" should get RICH off of a 9-5. I am saying that with a good education and role= they should be quite comfortable.

Again, this is exactly backward. Government workers often make more than their private sector equivalents because the government can extract taxes at will and doesn't have to make a profit or even break even. Now that is unfair to the taxpayers, but you don't see that problem at all; instead you see the problem as private business owners paying too little. Who gets to decide how much a business owner should pay its workers? You? The government? I think I'll stick with letting the free market set those terms, as would anyone who believes in individual liberty (for employers and workers).

I think KMB is under the assumption that wealth in the US is a zero sum game.....that a bunch of "stagnant" wealth is being wasted while the worker bees could use some economic stimulus.

Can't know all the answers to this question, but in a capitalist economy that is tied into the global economy, there is no zero sum game to my knowledge.....just a question of how large that sum is. Big sum in 1999, quite a bit smaller in 2009. And the cycle goes up and down.

As far as salaries are concerned, you must always remember the industry you are in and how well the rates have been negotiated at the top levels. It all trickles down from there, so if the guy at the very top couldn't swing a strong rate for services rendered or products sold, then the guys at the bottom will naturally have/get less.

Higher paying professions in the private sector are often less about true intrinsic value created and more about what is negotiated.

You ought to respect what some people here are saying repeatedly, and that is the effort and ability required to run a successful business is rather high. Many on here will tell you it's a 24/7/365 job, and perhaps it can be scaled back to some extent depending on what you do, but the idea that you get to forget about your troubles when you walk out the door at 5 pm is a fallacy if you own the business.

It's one of the most intimidating things in the world to run your own ship, because it's not structured. Most businesses fail, so when they do succeed, they can't exactly be in it for the charity. Many intelligent hard working people will consider doing it but are ultimately too afraid to do it. They probably could do it but don't do it anyways. The balls to run a business should always be respected, even if the business owner isn't ultimately very good. Until you can prove to do it better you can't really say anything.

Now where I think there is some middle ground here is when employers do not put an honest and fair attempt to balance squeezing for profits and making employees happy. Pay too much and you lose profits, pay too little and you drive your employees elsewhere. There is a fair and equitable market rate for all positions and the enlightened employer should seek to reach it just as much if not more than the employee. Many employers from my experience do not care to do this, and then wonder why turnover is the way it is. There's more to employee happiness than money, but you never want to be in a position where you are drastically underpaying your employee compared to competitors.

It's in this nuance where a company trying to nickel and dime an employee within a $10k range, and be very standoffish when it comes to performance reviews and taking care of people, can come off pretty lousy. In this regard it's ok to hate on the company a bit, especially if they are an established player.

But that shouldn't be confused with say paying an employee $190k/year when the market is at best $100k. Just now how it works or should work.

I think KMB is under the assumption that wealth in the US is a zero sum game.....that a bunch of "stagnant" wealth is being wasted while the worker bees could use some economic stimulus.

Can't know all the answers to this question, but in a capitalist economy that is tied into the global economy, there is no zero sum game to my knowledge.....just a question of how large that sum is. Big sum in 1999, quite a bit smaller in 2009. And the cycle goes up and down.

As far as salaries are concerned, you must always remember the industry you are in and how well the rates have been negotiated at the top levels. It all trickles down from there, so if the guy at the very top couldn't swing a strong rate for services rendered or products sold, then the guys at the bottom will naturally have/get less.

Higher paying professions in the private sector are often less about true intrinsic value created and more about what is negotiated.

You ought to respect what some people here are saying repeatedly, and that is the effort and ability required to run a successful business is rather high. Many on here will tell you it's a 24/7/365 job, and perhaps it can be scaled back to some extent depending on what you do, but the idea that you get to forget about your troubles when you walk out the door at 5 pm is a fallacy if you own the business.

It's one of the most intimidating things in the world to run your own ship, because it's not structured. Most businesses fail, so when they do succeed, they can't exactly be in it for the charity. Many intelligent hard working people will consider doing it but are ultimately too afraid to do it. They probably could do it but don't do it anyways. The balls to run a business should always be respected, even if the business owner isn't ultimately very good. Until you can prove to do it better you can't really say anything.

Now where I think there is some middle ground here is when employers do not put an honest and fair attempt to balance squeezing for profits and making employees happy. Pay too much and you lose profits, pay too little and you drive your employees elsewhere. There is a fair and equitable market rate for all positions and the enlightened employer should seek to reach it just as much if not more than the employee. Many employers from my experience do not care to do this, and then wonder why turnover is the way it is. There's more to employee happiness than money, but you never want to be in a position where you are drastically underpaying your employee compared to competitors.

It's in this nuance where a company trying to nickel and dime an employee within a $10k range, and be very standoffish when it comes to performance reviews and taking care of people, can come off pretty lousy. In this regard it's ok to hate on the company a bit, especially if they are an established player.

But that shouldn't be confused with say paying an employee $190k/year when the market is at best $100k. Just now how it works or should work.

Best response of all.

This is complete BS, and has been explained to you numerous times already (obviously it isn't sinking in because you have embedded this "woe is me" attitude so deeply you can't hear the explanation). There is plenty of incentive not to remain a hungry worker bee "willing to do it for less" and to move to something that pays better. Whether through additional education or training, by doing a bang up job and moving up within the organization, by starting a business, etc.

Again, this is exactly backward. Government workers often make more than their private sector equivalents because the government can extract taxes at will and doesn't have to make a profit or even break even. Now that is unfair to the taxpayers, but you don't see that problem at all; instead you see the problem as private business owners paying too little. Who gets to decide how much a business owner should pay its workers? You? The government? I think I'll stick with letting the free market set those terms, as would anyone who believes in individual liberty (for employers and workers).

Again- there is no woe is me and I have taken most of the responses as solid intel. It does go both ways though whether you care to admit it or not. My words are the reality for the majority of humans. I also argue your last sentence in P1 that I have done just that. All of those things, in fact. It's not as simple as you put it, but I'll keep pushing forward.

Government workers being paid more should not be exactly backwards. It was always my understanding that when the economy is down- the government jobs are there to help.. i.e. nobody wants a government job. It seems that this has flipped. I'd LOVE to have me a government job where I punch a clock, am paid on a scale based on ass-in-seat time... gees that sure does sound nice. (jk)

" I'd LOVE to have me a government job where I punch a clock, am paid on a scale based on ass-in-seat time... gees that sure does sound nice. (jk)"

That says a lot about you. Ifr you want more money you have to earn it. Get a 2nd job, become more valuable to your boss. Stand out from the crowd. Invest and make your own profits. Save money and start a business.

"You (the royal you, you- meaning those who have) are killing incentive by taking huge paychecks and paying out "industry standard"... which is nothing more than again, a coc k fight where this guy is more hungry and is willing to do it for less. It is THIS that kills the incentive of everyone else. "

We (business owners) deserve what paycheck we decide to pay ourselves. I worked and saved for many years to have enough funds to start my own business. I jumped ship and risked it all, my job and my savings just to start a buisness. I worked 15 hour days 7 days a week for years. Didn't even collet a paycheck until 3rd year in business. This story is common, I am no different than many of my peers. Now you are saying that we should pay higher than normal wages to give you an incentive? What ever happened to earning a higher salery? Life is not fair, never will be. Learn to be an Alfa male and take control of your life. Don't get me wrong you can be an Alfa and work for someone. Make yourself standout from the other workers. Climb the ladder.

In other news, 4th circuit just shot down the travel ban stating "drips with religious intolerance, animus, and discrimination."

Liberman out as a candidate for FBI director citing potential conflict of interest with Trump's new counsel.

" I'd LOVE to have me a government job where I punch a clock, am paid on a scale based on ass-in-seat time... gees that sure does sound nice. (jk)"

That says a lot about you. Ifr you want more money you have to earn it. Get a 2nd job, become more valuable to your boss. Stand out from the crowd. Invest and make your own profits. Save money and start a business.

"You (the royal you, you- meaning those who have) are killing incentive by taking huge paychecks and paying out "industry standard"... which is nothing more than again, a coc k fight where this guy is more hungry and is willing to do it for less. It is THIS that kills the incentive of everyone else. "

We (business owners) deserve what paycheck we decide to pay ourselves. I worked and saved for many years to have enough funds to start my own business. I jumped ship and risked it all, my job and my savings just to start a buisness. I worked 15 hour days 7 days a week for years. Didn't even collet a paycheck until 3rd year in business. This story is common, I am no different than many of my peers. Now you are saying that we should pay higher than normal wages to give you an incentive? What ever happened to earning a higher salery? Life is not fair, never will be. Learn to be an Alfa male and take control of your life. Don't get me wrong you can be an Alfa and work for someone. Make yourself standout from the other workers. Climb the ladder.

lol. Man. So first- The government job statement was a joke. Denoted by the < (JK) >

Second- "what ever happened to earning a higher salary": This is my point exactly. I'd be happy to do more. I DO do more. Not going back down this road. The point is that there is seemingly no opportunity to generate more income where I am and this shouldn't be this way. I am willing to do more, willing to give more time, take on this or that.. and they'll (all places) will accept it! Most aren't willing to pay for it, OR like one former job- expect it, without additional compensation. (Bye)

Third- "Should pay higher than normal salary"-- Normal is the problem here. I get this idea, and I'm not arguing it- but when normal is becoming less and less.. and is remarkably less than it was 20 years ago= we have a problem.

Finally- "Climb the ladder".... SOMEONE TOOK THE RUNGS WITH THEM ON THE WAY UP! This is a common statement. In a former role, I was the guy who did the 12-15 hour days... weekends, hell, one day- because it needed to be done, I worked 24 hours straight on a project that was due. Not so much as an "adda boy" was given. You don't seem to get that the assheads in the management positions in a lot of places basically lucked out and are absolutely holding good workers down because of fear for their own careers. You'd never see this from your side of the curtain. I've lived it for years.

Now someone will claim it's a woe-is-me attitude. Na. I don't think so. I made changes, I left. I risked our lifestyle to leave for "a better gig" and two months later was unemployed. So I've tried, I keep trying. There is no woe-is-me. I'm merely saying that things don't have to be this way.

Unfortunately that Nirvana situation will never happened for you my friend, you only have to look at very poor countries to see what's going on when situations you are talking about transpire, I am sorry but you are delusional and you are only hurting yourself.

When you do decide to jump over the fence and rob the smarter guy, did you consider the fact that he or she can afford protection? That's one thing but also let's say you managed to rob the person, what will it happen once you exhausted the fruits of your "labour"? Whom are you going to rob next?

My favorite fallacy of this argument is the whole, "getting paid less so can't afford as much as they could in the 60's". You ever think that's because people have become so fcuking stupid that they now think "luxuries" are "rights of living". Take out the $200 a month cable bills, the 100-200 a month cell phone bills, the cell phone upgrades, the monthly fees for movie services, and look at what people had back then. A house and a car. That's maybe 2000 a month for a 250k house and a decent car. Not living on the government dole. The problem is social media, and all the assholes who see those who have and those who pretend to have and think they deserve it all, because "they work hard." Take a look in the mirror, everything you have and don't, starts there.

lol. Man. So first- The government job statement was a joke. Denoted by the

Finally- "Climb the ladder".... SOMEONE TOOK THE RUNGS WITH THEM ON THE WAY UP! This is a common statement. In a former role, I was the guy who did the 12-15 hour days... weekends, hell, one day- because it needed to be done, I worked 24 hours straight on a project that was due. Not so much as an "adda boy" was given. You don't seem to get that the assheads in the management positions in a lot of places basically lucked out and are absolutely holding good workers down because of fear for their own careers. You'd never see this from your side of the curtain. I've lived it for years.

That's bullshit, end of story. There is A LOT of competition for those positions, and it may be limited in a small firm/community, but the opportunity is absolutely there.

Seriously... people who are that good are always in demand and never have trouble finding jobs. If it's that hard for you, it's time to have some serious introspection, and your attitude very well may be the culprit beyond your abilities.

I've spent a lot of time recently around people who are currently in high level MBA programs doing some research for myself. If you tell any of them there aren't opportunities, they would look at you like you had a tire iron sticking out of your head. Just try changing your attitude for 6 months and see how things in your life improve, I would bet it's substantial.

Unfortunately that Nirvana situation will never happened for you my friend, you only have to look at very poor countries to see what's going on when situations you are talking about transpire, I am sorry but you are delusional and you are only hurting yourself.

When you do decide to jump over the fence and rob the smarter guy, did you consider the fact that he or she can afford protection? That's one thing but also let's say you managed to rob the person, what will it happen once you exhausted the fruits of your "labour"? Whom are you going to rob next?

Yea... no peasants have ever revolted.

I agree with you on all points except where you think it's not possible. Especially here in "muricuh" where we all have plenty of guns.

My favorite fallacy of this argument is the whole, "getting paid less so can't afford as much as they could in the 60's". You ever think that's because people have become so fcuking stupid that they now think "luxuries" are "rights of living". Take out the $200 a month cable bills, the 100-200 a month cell phone bills, the cell phone upgrades, the monthly fees for movie services, and look at what people had back then. A house and a car. That's maybe 2000 a month for a 250k house and a decent car. Not living on the government dole. The problem is social media, and all the assholes who see those who have and those who pretend to have and think they deserve it all, because "they work hard." Take a look in the mirror, everything you have and don't, starts there.

This is a wonderful point! I'll reply by saying that we have had the most basic of cable TV. We did have internet up until today, basically because I am just no longer interested in giving them my money- so that's all gone. We will see how this tethering thing goes. But- that in mind, I do agree with you. We have some luxuries which by all rights- we earn. We also eat fairly healthy, and our grocery bill is less than I'd be $60/week on average. We both have cars and our home is in that neighborhood, but our bill is closer to $3000/mo.

That's bullshit, end of story. There is A LOT of competition for those positions, and it may be limited in a small firm/community, but the opportunity is absolutely there.

Seriously... people who are that good are always in demand and never have trouble finding jobs. If it's that hard for you, it's time to have some serious introspection, and your attitude very well may be the culprit beyond your abilities.

I've spent a lot of time recently around people who are currently in high level MBA programs doing some research for myself. If you tell any of them there aren't opportunities, they would look at you like you had a tire iron sticking out of your head. Just try changing your attitude for 6 months and see how things in your life improve, I would bet it's substantial.

Na- disagree. The competition I have seen is hardly competition. I used to work for this global company that would hand nearly anyone an engineering title and pay. Those same imbeciles promoted entry level "technicians" to associate engineer, and then engineer and now from what I hear= supervisor in one case. Needless to say- when that happens, while I'm doing the 12 hour days, producing error free work and effectively bringing the average up= and I don't get my taste... bye.

I've never had a single issue finding a job.

Guys- let's just keep in mind the whole "walk a mile in someone elses shoes" thing. You all have your stories of struggle, some perhaps worse than others. I just happen to be in the middle of mine now and from many people's perspective= it's no struggle. To some= I merely want too much. To others, what I want is on the floors of their cars. I do appreciate the words though.. some of your responses are rather inspiring. Others... well.. not really.

ITT: Kmb explains economics to retired multi millionaires from his work station

:downtown:

Well... that is funny.

Guys- I'm merely saying to all of you who have employees... be good to them. They must be worth having around if you're paying them. An extra few bucks on their raise/bonus could literally change their lives.

Well... that is funny.

Guys- I'm merely saying to all of you who have employees... be good to them. They must be worth having around if you're paying them. An extra few bucks on their raise/bonus could literally change their lives.

Thanks for the fortune cookie advice. You've singled handedly driven this thread into a ditch.

Well... that is funny.

Damn man you canceled your internet now you will have to buy your pitch fork at the hardware store with the rest of the peasants, do you realize they are cheaper online??