• Hillary Clinton
    • Donald Trump
    • Gary Johnson
    • Jill Stein

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Youre extra spunky today. Is it because you have to go back to using the Mens bathroom? :lol2:

No, just annoyed that now you'll be in there too!

No, just annoyed that now you'll be in there too!

Well, theres never been a question in my mind.. If I gotta take a shit, I use the mens bathroom. Next time dont start tapping your foot again in the stall next door.

I am certainly no McCain fan, every chance he gets he wants to restart the cold war. Also his involvement in the SNL crisis was hardly a shining moment. That said it's pretty rich for Trump to criticize anybody's war record since he got five deferments to avoid the draft one of which was for a bull shit medical reason.

IMO, don't confuse wanting to be tough on the Russians with wanting to restart the Cold War. What McCain recognizes is that in the mind of the Russians, the Cold War never really ended. IMO, unless they stop, a "re-start" of the Cold War is precisely the way to deal with the Russians, because they won't be able to match us.

This will also likely leave the majority of his "supporters" exactly where they are today, or behind in real terms at the end of his tenure. I very much doubt he will be back for a second term, more so because he probably won't want to.. especially based on the house elections in '18 and if it shifts to Democratic majority.

No way to predict how the 2018 elections will go, although if they go as they have been going thus far, the House will remain solidly conservative. If Trump's tax and regulatory policies make it through okay, and he reforms healthcare well, most people should end up better off, not worse, due to a more prosperous economy.

POINT: McCain IS A TRAITOR !!!

I'm not even sure why we're arguing about this. Life is never so simple.

1. McCain has always had his enemies. I have too. He even had enemies in his Air Wing at the time of his shoot-down who would jump at the chance to throw him under the bus, just like he'd probably do to them. I'm not saying he is guilty or innocent, or what is valid or not valid, but that kind of stuff is so convoluted that clinging to such anecdotal tidbits only exposes you as naive. Everyone in a single seat cockpit has some element of selfish-asshole to them that is terminally irrepressible. Nature of the beast. What you see at this point has been through so many filters and ulterior motives that the truth is unreachable. Even if you could gain a clearer picture, it would likely be irrelevant as it's always a matter of perspective. You'd be better off accepting that you'll never know the truth rather than faking knowledge.

2. War and being a prisoner of war adds a level of complexity to a man that you can't hope to understand. Have you ever been tortured daily for information to the point of incapacitation? Do you have any training in how to deal with that? Do you have any knowledge of what our enemies are capable of doing or have a history of doing? No? Good, because that shit's fcuking classified. If you think a guy recording a prepared speech is treachery, you've got some crazy-impossible expectations. Every man to a head will come apart at some point, and thinking that there are the brave among us to be emulated who are unbreakable is a John Wayne pipe dream. You might consider that he made this recording after living in captivity, tortured, and starved for almost 3 years at that point. If you have such high standards for men, maybe you need to get your ass out there and show us how its done.

I understand agreeing or disagreeing with his work as a senator, but taking such a hard line on his POW performance just tells me that your motives are politically malformed rather than realistic.

As an understanding who is a decent adult.

If you swerve to the right (and we know who you are) explain what the left has done correct and what you think the right could have done better.

Same question to those on the left.

It will be a great tester of how long we keep this thread open.

See it as therapy

Nailed it. And the internet is facilitating this process in a major, major way.

It has, but I think social media might be a more accurate description here.

If you look back, the net has been mainstream since the mid to late '90s but social media only really took off with FB and Twitter which is circa '08, '09.

That coincides with Obama first taking office and by 2012 you had an incumbent going up against Mitt Romney which certainly wasn't as polarizing for either party as the two most recent ones.

I also have a theory that sports rivalries have grown more intensely over time mostly because of social media. Yeah, you hate that other team but what you really really hate are their fans. :icon_thumleft: :icon_mrgreen:

If you swerve to the right (and we know who you are) explain what the left has done correct and what you think the right could have done better.

See it as therapy

:iamwithstupid:

It has, but I think social media might be a more accurate description here.

If you look back, the net has been mainstream since the mid to late '90s but social media only really took off with FB and Twitter which is circa '08, '09.

That coincides with Obama first taking office and by 2012 you had an incumbent going up against Mitt Romney which certainly wasn't as polarizing for either party as the two most recent ones.

I also have a theory that sports rivalries have grown more intensely over time mostly because of social media. Yeah, you hate that other team but what you really really hate are their fans. :icon_thumleft: :icon_mrgreen:

Re social media, you are right to a point the negative impact it has socially is horrible.

In the example of sports fans that eye roll inducing twatstick was in a bar several thousands of miles away, now their words are in the palm of your hand on a stupidity expensive device.

The rivalry has always been there but someone has made it so you can hear it.

Social media is a poisoned pool right now. Yesterday the UK's largest telecoms provider had all their internet comms down, the outage chart for the country was laughable. Unpredictable unprecedented issue.

Yet, you go online (cellular) to search for news on the problem and the pathetic pointless griping that people post is shocking.

Same week Trump removes transgenderisim bathroom protections from students the American College of Pediatricians issued a statement this week condemning gender reclassification in children by stating that transgenderism in children amounts to child abuse.

“The American College of Pediatricians urges educators and legislators to reject all policies that condition children to accept as normal a life of chemical and surgical impersonation of the opposite sex. Facts – not ideology – determine reality.”

The policy statement, authored by Johns Hopkins Medical School Psychology Professor Paul McHugh, listed eight arguments on why gender reclassification is harmful.

http://www.acpeds.org/the-college-speaks/p...-harms-children

I feel sorry for kids these days... They're exposed to so much more then we were. Poor little fucker doesn't even know what his dick is for yet and they're telling him it's ok to like other boys and so on. Let them grow up and figure out who they are. The days in junior high when a buddy stole one of his dads playboys and we stood around in awe of a naked woman.. now theyre seeing things on the net in elementary school that are mind boggling.

I feel sorry for kids these days... They're exposed to so much more then we were. Poor little fucker doesn't even know what his dick is for yet and they're telling him it's ok to like other boys and so on. Let them grow up and figure out who they are. The days in junior high when a buddy stole one of his dads playboys and we stood around in awe of a naked woman.. now theyre seeing things on the net in elementary school that are mind boggling.

Kids with smart phones at 8 years old. Access to everything. Youre right..its so different. Really have to be extra vigilant to what they are being exposed to.

My kids can have a smart phone when they can buy it themselves.

State rights for bathroom school laws, increased Federal enforcement against marijuana. Looks like talking out of both sides of your mouth.

I agree there is some sick stuff on line and you'd hate for your kids to be exposed.

My kids need phones for school, it's compulsory, the school requires them, the key is in education and monitoring.

If they don't have access to technology they are being left behind and I don't agree with that.

Also I am able to track them via their phones, watches, etc. and that's very important to me, I know where they are at all times.

If they don't have access to technology they are being left behind and I don't agree with that.

I get that, I and struggle with it. Fortunately, we have a few years to fine tune how my wife and I are going to approach cell phones. At home, when our kids on the internet, they are monitored. Their computers are password protected which they don't have.

Very valid point Fortis, I feel like a dinosaur when it comes to a lot of this technology. They do need to understand it to stay competitive... but you essentially open your kid to the whole planet... molesters, terrorists... it is definitely key to monitor their use.

Speaks for itself........(drops the mike and walks away.....)

https://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=zO0mHEJyC3Y

You should not hold that against him. That was obviously made under duress. It's pretty easy to figure out that none of the POWs there recieved lenient treatment or proper medical attention. For all we know, it is most likely that they would have executed another POW if he didn't make that recording.

See it as therapy

If I am interpreting this correctly, you want those who lean one way to explain what they see the other side as having gotten correct, but what their own side could have done better?

IMO, McCain is no traitor. Unless one went through what he did, there is no way to judge him on that and if he really refused coming home for the sake of his men, that shows some real stones there. Five major criticisms I have of him are that he claims waterboarding doesn't work and he "knows" the information obtained from it by the Bush administration couldn't have been correct because (according to him) it is torture and torture doesn't work as a means of interrogation, that the waterboarding was wrong because the Imperial Japanese did waterboarding in WWII and we don't want to be the same as them, and that it violates the Geneva Conventions. The other two are that he has historically been too iffy on things like gun rights and limited government IMO. On the first three though, at least from my understanding:

1) The people who were in on the waterboarding have repeatedly pointed out that the waterboarding was never used as a means of interrogation. Rather, it was used to force the cooperation of the terrorists very quickly, due to the gravity of the situation at the time, after which then conventional interrogation techniques were used. It was never done in a, "Tell us the information" and if the terrorist refused, they got waterboarded. They were instead waterboarded on a specific schedule, for specific amounts of time, which they were made aware of, unless they gave in and agreed to undergo interrogation or were broken. They said Khalid Sheik Mohammed was the toughest, that he broke via a combination of waterboarding and sleep deprivation, but then became a professor on Al-Qaeda.

2) The waterboarding the Bush administration did was in no way comparable to the kind the Imperial Japanese did, which was outright torture, and consisted of things like put a hose into your mouth, fill your stomach up like a balloon with water, and then jump on your gut really hard.

3) The waterboarding was not a violation of the Geneva Conventions because the Geneva Conventions were only meant to apply to uniformed soldiers fighting in a declared war, not non-state terrorists. In addition, the Geneva Conventions were not created for the humane treatment of captured soldiers for the sake of it, but rather to incentivize said soldiers to abide by the laws of war. If soldiers did not abide by the laws of war and were captured, they could be tried via a military tribunal and executed. Non-state terrorists have no Geneva Convention protections because to apply the Geneva Conventions to them would completely undermine the entire point of their existence. It would be saying, "Violate the laws of war as you please, mass murder and slaughter men, women, and children, and if captured, you still get special protections."

That John McCain continues with his criticisms and seems to be completely unaware of the above strikes me as pretty lousy. I'd also criticize him on lacking knowledge about economics considering how long he has been in the Senate, but then again that could apply to numerous politicians I suppose.

State rights for bathroom school laws, increased Federal enforcement against marijuana. Looks like talking out of both sides of your mouth.

Yeah, but you could also flip that and say the Democrats want states rights for enforcement against illegal immigrants but federal enforcement of bathroom laws (when Obama put that EO in place and everyone was to obey it).

For bathrooms:

Penis = Boy

Vagina = Girl

Not that difficult I wouldn't think. I wouldn't want a 6'4" creep in a dress in the same bathroom as my daughter, wife, mother etc.....

As for drugs and prostitution... .legalize it... like Holland. Not my thing but people are going to do it anyway and at least if you control it you remove the criminal element and make both safer for all involved.

No. He's following this little thing we call the Costitution.

-Article 1 section 8. " Congress shall have the power To regulate Commerce with foreign Nations, and among the several States." (the "interstate commerce clause").

-Marijuana is a product in interstate (and international) commerce.

-Congress has "occupied the field" on the subject of the legality of the sale and trafficking of Marijuana.

-The President's job is to "faithfully execute" the laws passed by congress (and signed by presidents) until such time as those laws are repealed. And so long as the federal law is in place, the states have no power on the subject. You violate federal law at your own risk.

Likewise, immigration and naturalization is STRICTLY a federal issue under Article 1 sections 8 and 9. The congress has set immigration policy. The states (or cities) cannot set their own immigration policies. And yes. They have an affirmative duty to cooperate with the federal government to enforce those laws. Article 6 clause 2 establishes the U.S. Constitution and the laws passed under it as the Supreme law of the land.

I have read the Constitution five times this morning alone. I find no power for the federal government, let alone unilaterally by the president through executive order, that grants the power to dictate bathroom rules to any branch of the federal government. In fact, the words "bathroom" "shower" "toilet" "Locker room" "gender" "transgender" "gay" "queer" "homosexual" "cross-dresser" "penis" "vagina" "education" or "school" produce zero results when searched for.