Aventador S uncamo'd

Sup

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Does anyone else think that the last Aventador looks better than this one?

The last lamborghini will always look better than the next lamborghini until it doesnt anymore and people grow to like the new one more. Not to mention that of course with a bunch of tape all over the new one, the last ones gonna look better :lol2:

The last lamborghini will always look better than the next lamborghini until it doesnt anymore and people grow to like the new one more. Not to mention that of course with a bunch of tape all over the new one, the last ones gonna look better :lol2:

Good call !!!

The new ome will look 10 times better inside, that I can guarantee.....

Supposedly the Aventador S will have the new touchscreen system seen in the Centenario...

2016-lamborghini-centenar-2_1600x0w.jpg

Just like Captain Chaos' prophecy, haha. :lol2:

IDK, though. For example, I also think the original Murcielago looks better than the LP640, but that's just me.

If they make an Aventador S SV then the Murci SV will be truly special production number wise.

Does anyone else think that the last Aventador looks better than this one?

Funny you mentioned that. I made a post about 18months when the LP750-4SV came out and asked whether or not years from now, people are going to say the original LP700-4 was the purest design of the Aventador series. (Just look back on the Countach series and it all becomes clear.) For the record, I have nothing against the SV; it looks great in fact. But as I mentioned on another thread, now that we have been spoiled with the SV, the Aventador S may just look like a watered-down version of the SV and that may not sit too well with some.

The last lamborghini will always look better than the next lamborghini until it doesnt anymore and people grow to like the new one more.

While most of the contemporary Lambo designs do grow on you, there have been exceptions throughout Lambo's history: e.g. the 25th anniversary Countach is a no-brainer. With the exception of the 6.0/6.0SE (and that's debatable), the Diablo's with the flip-up headlights will always look better than the fixed headlights ones (we have DOT to thank for that). The very last facelift of the Gallardo/LP5x0 is definitely not the greatest looking out of that series.

If they make an Aventador S SV then the Murci SV will be truly special production number wise.

Given the success of the current SV/SV-r run, it's almost a safe bet that they will make a S-SV. Would be interesting to see what Lamborghini will be calling it. Since they made 600 LP750-4SV coupe and 500 LP750-4SV roadster, isn't the LP670-4SV already truly special since they only made like 186 of them (+10 more if you count the 670SV China edition). So that's 1100 750SV vs. 196 670SV. Most unlikely that they will make less than 196 S-SV. Now whether or not Lambo decides to make a re-bodied AV-S in very limited quantities to make some quick money (Veneno / Centennario ver. 2.0), that remains to be seen.

It's been confirmed that CarPlay with be available for the Aventador S.

Funny you mentioned that. I made a post about 18months when the LP750-4SV came out and asked whether or not years from now, people are going to say the original LP700-4 was the purest design of the Aventador series. (Just look back on the Countach series and it all becomes clear.) For the record, I have nothing against the SV; it looks great in fact. But as I mentioned on another thread, now that we have been spoiled with the SV, the Aventador S may just look like a watered-down version of the SV and that may not sit too well with some.

I completely agree! When I first heard of the Murcielago replacement, I was so worried it would not be what all of the other Lamborghini's were to me. I'll never forget the first time I saw the publicity video Lamborghini released with the two Aventadors together roaming around. It was drop dead gorgeous and I was in awe from it's beauty. It was everything I had hoped it would be.

I like your analogy. In my opinion, the original Aventador is the LP400S whereas the Aventador "S" is the 25th Anniversary and the SV is the LP5000QV with the wing.

Just like Captain Chaos' prophecy, haha. :lol2:

IDK, though. For example, I also think the original Murcielago looks better than the LP640, but that's just me.

I am usually slow to like the new Lambo then will like it more than the one it replaced after a little time.

I read the the Aventador S will have a 2 year production run, I'm thinking at least 4 years until the Aventador replacement. What are you guys hearing?

I read the the Aventador S will have a 2 year production run, I'm thinking at least 4 years until the Aventador replacement. What are you guys hearing?

Looking at the math and how they have been doing things lately, I would agree.

March 2017 launch for the coupe, and then I would guesstimate either Fall 2017 or Spring 2018 launch for the roadster. Throw in a few "special editions" in between and that should cover a 24 to 30 months span. Then make a 1000 or so S-SV coupes & roadsters combined as the arrivederci-edition of the Aventador series and call it a day as the decade ends.

At the end of the day, market dictates. Unless Lamborghini is adamant and sticks to their guns about the ISR, DCT seems inevitable but unless Lambo comes up with a revolutionary design --- which is doubtful unless VAG is ready to finance it and use it broadly across the group (but that's doubtful too with the Diesel Gate matter) --- current DCT isn't going to fit in the current Aventador chassis. Add the possibly and inevitable hybrid powertrain design and the current chassis is practically obsolete. Lamborghini had plenty of experiences on their flagship cars with obsolete chasis; even the Murci/LP6x0 cars, IMO, were outdated by about 6 years. So hopefully they have well-learned their lessons and step-up to the game. The Urus should provide both the funding and the knowledge on subsequent chasis design for the new flagship car.

apparently previews of the Aventador S just happened, anybody have more info or details to share?

I hope I am wrong but I think the Aventador is going down the same path as the Murcielage/LP6x0 series. That there is neither the funding nor the time to take the current car/chassis to the next step; might as well keep the current car more or less as is and plan for the succeeding model instead.

VAG won't make any bold move until Diesel Gate is 100% settled. So Lamborghini SpA has to rely on its own for raising the cash; and that's where the Urus comes in. Hopefully, that would be the bread & butter model for Lambo and it in turn would finance the next flagship car.

Red tapes don't help either. The hoops that Lambo has to jump through just to get approval on different coloured brake calipers and seatbelts are ludicrous and absurd; let alone a chassis revamp. Lambo simply can't afford it in both financial and time-wise. So just minor tweaks here & there to make it more user-friendly and to fill the V12 desire. Perhaps one final hardcore version like the LP670-4SV as a bow-out model after the AV-S?

They will strech the Aventador until the end of times (where are the guys who were preaching a 4000 units run? LOL) like they did with the Gallardo, they have to be more dynamic and release new models in shorter cycles 10 years is an enternity in car years also I am not talking about new models which are virtually the same but with different sticker kit on them.

They need the DCT in the Aventador no doubt about it the single clutch is ok but it's archaic. The car would be an absolute monster with DCT, they could recycle the model just by doing this small change because it would completely change the character of the car.

^That is true. They basically have all the hardcare; they just need a new chassis. Almost in the same fashion as how the Murcielago was derived from the Diablo. The steering and the suspension on the SV were derived from the H. The engine is fine the way it is; already at 770, it likely doesn't need much tweak to reach 800hp. And Lambo has a rolling test bed (Urus) for alternate powerplants of all sort. In theory, strengthening the H's DCT would be the easiest way to adopt it to the V12. I guess it's up to the new CEO to convince Audi/VAG to give it the green light for the new chassis development but, as afore-said, that tasks would likely depend on the sales of the Urus.

Here is a pic of the VIN on what is perhaps one of the last original Aventadors to be made before switching over to the S update. So Lambo made at least 5600 Aventadors.

IMG_5994.JPG

^That is true. They basically have all the hardcare; they just need a new chassis. Almost in the same fashion as how the Murcielago was derived from the Diablo. The steering and the suspension on the SV were derived from the H. The engine is fine the way it is; already at 770, it likely doesn't need much tweak to reach 800hp. And Lambo has a rolling test bed (Urus) for alternate powerplants of all sort. In theory, strengthening the H's DCT would be the easiest way to adopt it to the V12. I guess it's up to the new CEO to convince Audi/VAG to give it the green light for the new chassis development but, as afore-said, that tasks would likely depend on the sales of the Urus.

Here is a pic of the VIN on what is perhaps one of the last original Aventadors to be made before switching over to the S update. So Lambo made at least 5600 Aventadors.

My VIN is quite a bit higher than that.