Does dad life = no more Lambo?

Luxeous

I have not let a wife or my son change or derail my cars. Hell since i got married, I got the Diablo 6.0, already had the LP640 and my son was born Last November and purchased a Ford GT for xmas as a present to myself lol. I look at it as these are all going to be his one day and I need to get him in the spirit of being a motorhead.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Some of you that haven't had children yet and are reading this...may have second thoughts on having children.

To sum up how special it is to become a father.........

The old phrase " I would walk through fire for you" actually has meaning. The love you have for your children cannot be matched.

Agree with this 100%!

Some of you that haven't had children yet and are reading this...may have second thoughts on having children.

To sum up how special it is to become a father.........

The old phrase " I would walk through fire for you" actually has meaning. The love you have for your children cannot be matched.

:iamwithstupid: Couldn't have said it better myself. Well put.

To the OP, consider yourself lucky your wife isn't playing an active role in making you sell it. :)

His wife is awesome.

I'd feel sorry for any guy who was married to a woman who made him sell a car.

His wife is awesome.

I'd feel sorry for any guy who was married to a woman who made him sell a car.

Haha thanks - I agree! My wife has actually been against me selling it unless I really want to. I definitely lucked out.

I can relate!

Having a newborn and kid certainly changes everything for the better! I have done very few miles in the cars i have out here since my little one was born and am not remotely bothered as i would much rather spend the little time i have when not working with her and my wife! Seeing my gorgeous girls face at the end of every day makes everything worth it.

At the same time, knowing i have my toys in the garage keeps me happy and even if you take it out once a month (like i do) ,let alone 2-3 times it makes it all the more special when you do go for a drive!

My perspective has changed slightly in that where i always enjoyed having a car for each purpose (had 7 at one point in London) in the garage i'd now be happier with a couple which i'd use more frequently and am going to slim down what i have shortly.

One thing's for sure Jason - if you didn't have the Lambo you'd certainly miss it. It's not just driving it, it's having it - the accomplishment of having busted your ass for it, the ability to know you can take it out and enjoy, release some stress etc.

With that said - lets go out for a drive ASAP and have the women and kids meet us at the end destination for brunch?

I agree with LA_Brit just knowing that you have it so you can use it whenever you've got the time is sufficient you'd certainly miss it if you didn't have it.

I can relate!

Having a newborn and kid certainly changes everything for the better! I have done very few miles in the cars i have out here since my little one was born and am not remotely bothered as i would much rather spend the little time i have when not working with her and my wife! Seeing my gorgeous girls face at the end of every day makes everything worth it.

At the same time, knowing i have my toys in the garage keeps me happy and even if you take it out once a month (like i do) ,let alone 2-3 times it makes it all the more special when you do go for a drive!

My perspective has changed slightly in that where i always enjoyed having a car for each purpose (had 7 at one point in London) in the garage i'd now be happier with a couple which i'd use more frequently and am going to slim down what i have shortly.

One thing's for sure Jason - if you didn't have the Lambo you'd certainly miss it. It's not just driving it, it's having it - the accomplishment of having busted your ass for it, the ability to know you can take it out and enjoy, release some stress etc.

With that said - lets go out for a drive ASAP and have the women and kids meet us at the end destination for brunch?

Man that is SO true - it holds a very special place in my heart and that's why I felt bad for thinking about it lol.

Sounds good to me! Will be at Trancas tomorrow as long as the weather is good.

I can relate!

Sincere...encouraging...and no use of the word "cunt"...who are you and what have yo done with LA Brit? :lol2:

Let me know you guys wanna do a drive next weekend. The last one we did was a lot of fun :icon_thumleft:

So for those of you who had kids before you got to the point in you life where you could reasonably justify ludicrous amounts of money on luxuries, did you put away for your kids college, wedding, or similar before getting your toys? Or not?

So for those of you who had kids before you got to the point in you life where you could reasonably justify ludicrous amounts of money on luxuries, did you put away for your kids college, wedding, or similar before getting your toys? Or not?

Of course you take care of necessary business first before buying toys. It's extra play money hat is used for toys.

No toys before building a solid passive income stream. You should only buy them when they have close to zero impact on your finances.

Of course you take care of necessary business first before buying toys. It's extra play money hat is used for toys.

No toys before building a solid passive income stream. You should only buy them when they have close to zero impact on your finances.

Agree 100% with you both. I'd hope that's how everyone is, but that's not always the case, sadly.

Agree 100% with you both. I'd hope that's how everyone is, but that's not always the case, sadly.

Agree with the rest on this. Much easier to sleep at night when you have toys that do not effect the higher priorities in life.

With that being said, I have no concern how others use their money. Every individual makes their own decision.

Think of it this way, you have the car you want (if not correct, skip the rest of this reply), finding it again in the future is going to be difficult and to find it in a condition you will accept could be even more difficult.

Buying used cars is always a labor of love, and if you have the car you want, keep it, at least start it every few months to keep the engine internals oiled.

Finding a solid used car in good condition can be very difficult. And then, even if you find one, it might need a lot of loving (engine out work, etc) but the current owner may want 'full price' anyway, and then you have a stand off.

So, if you have room to store the car (at your home or offsite -- storage locker might be 2-3K per year and you can turn off most of your auto insurance during that time other than comprehensive) and can start it up every few months, keep it, you'll have what you want and can use it when you want to, can't beat that.

At one time I didn't drive one car for over 10+ years! (not a Lambo but a great car I still have and occasionally use) and had to have engine gone through to get all the gaskets replaced, etc (hence need to start it up). But never thought of selling :)

Think of it this way, you have the car you want (if not correct, skip the rest of this reply), finding it again in the future is going to be difficult and to find it in a condition you will accept could be even more difficult.

Buying used cars is always a labor of love, and if you have the car you want, keep it, at least start it every few months to keep the engine internals oiled.

Finding a solid used car in good condition can be very difficult. And then, even if you find one, it might need a lot of loving (engine out work, etc) but the current owner may want 'full price' anyway, and then you have a stand off.

So, if you have room to store the car (at your home or offsite -- storage locker might be 2-3K per year and you can turn off most of your auto insurance during that time other than comprehensive) and can start it up every few months, keep it, you'll have what you want and can use it when you want to, can't beat that.

At one time I didn't drive one car for over 10+ years! (not a Lambo but a great car I still have and occasionally use) and had to have engine gone through to get all the gaskets replaced, etc (hence need to start it up). But never thought of selling :)

Haha that's crazy! I remember seeing my exactly car when it was new and just wanting it SO bad. It was such an amazing feeling to get it because of all the blood sweat and tears it took to get to that point - it makes it a lot more than just a car to me. I have a feeling a lot of owners feel this way; Lamborghinis are not just some status symbol for the wealthy, they are dreams we realize after putting in the effort when others won't.

There are only 5 or 6 Monterey blue LP640 roadsters in the world so chances are pretty good I would never be able to get one again. That would be a huge bummer!

Expecting father here. I'll keep my lambo for sure and drive it whenever I need to go somewhere alone, or pick up some friends. My wife is ready to not bother me about it. The only resource you can never get back is time. Money can be remade, muscle can be regained, but if you forget to spend time on what you love to do, you'll never get it back. So the lambo will stay in the garage and be used just as often.

well....in some country it means no toys ever

in Italy you almost cannot have solid passive incomes if you are not a hiper mega rich dude...

i suggest to have toys as long as you can afford them and not live for them

life is short, we have to enjoy a bit

I've owned 6 Lambos in my life...there were times in my life that I didn't drive them for quite a while or I had financial problems and decided to sell them....didn't think it would bother me as much as it always did. From now on the only time I will ever sell one is to upgrade to a newer model. Living in Connecticut sometimes the car sits for 6 months due to the weather...I feel good just knowing its in the garage.I started out pretty much pennyless so its a reminder to me as to how much I have accomplished. I suggest not selling it if possible.

I hear the no time part... Ive accumulated more "stuff" than can use.. in the process of debating what to let go.. but seem to get too attached as well. Like the 1965 Porsche.. never drive it but its not a car that could easily be replaced. The Murci gets very little drive time as well with work taking up 90% of my time.. coupled with long shitty winters, but again its such a fine sorted example and knowing I have it makes me feel good... but again.. its just sitting. I don't have a kid yet (luckily.. with my ex wife the poor kid would have suffered) but want to relocate to California which again sucks for.. it would be great to have the car there but the extra cash in the bank would also be great... fcuking Lamborghini... gets under your skin

this thread has changed my perspective, throwing my kid's seat in the GTR and I will take him to cars and coffee and some drives this summer.