FORTIS WANTS A BETTER THREAD

megachad

I lived on tuna fish and peanut butter and jelly sandwiches growing up.. I'm a master at those. :icon_mrgreen:

Love the tuna fish, I must say I’ve never tried jelly sandwiches :shock:

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You can cook a frozen 12" pizza in that thing? I'm fcuking sold.

Does it easy, my wife has one and uses it all the time, nothing like spending $15k on kitchen appliances then seeing one of them things scattered on the bench top being used a lot more than the rest.

I bought a George Foreman 30+ years ago. I know this because the first Mrs Sidious was about then and I remember her nagging until I caved in and bought it.

It's still in the box unopened.

Based on this any further kitchen appliances would outlive me. So no more fancy fandangles for me.

Whilst on the topic of kitchen appliances. About 10 years ago I came across an ice cream maker at the back of a kitchen cupboard. I know what I'll do I said to myself - i'll put this in the attic. So up in the attic I went and low and behold whilst up there came across not one but TWO further ice cream makers.

My question is this. What sort of sick bastard would go to all the trouble of breaking in to my house, make his way in to the attic, and leave TWO ice cream makers there for the sole purpose of deliberately fcuking with my mind?

That’s hilarious :lol2:

I lived on tuna fish and peanut butter and jelly sandwiches growing up.. I'm a master at those. :icon_mrgreen:

You know the struggle :icon_super: :icon_super: :icon_super: :icon_super:

Electric????

Yes, induction, I hate gas, I don’t want it anywhere near my house, had another big scare two days ago involving gas :eusa_wall:

What happened to the guy that used to post all the amazing food on here?

AudiBull? I miss seeing his posts here, he posts on Instagram some unbelievable photos, makes me hungry every time he posts LOL

You guys would be proud, look what I’ve done :icon_mrgreen:

FBEDC830_E3D0_4A62_A73A_7612C1C7CB8E.jpeg

Edit:

Adding photos worked!! :eusa_dance:

VERY GOOD Fortis!!!

One critical question: do you clean up after yourself?

Looks like you were “enthusiastic“ with your application of oil or butter.

Or maybe you have “people“ for that...

Yes, induction, I hate gas, I don’t want it anywhere near my house, had another big scare two days ago involving gas :eusa_wall:

Really? I love gas. Done right it's super safe (over here).

AudiBull? I miss seeing his posts here, he posts on Instagram some unbelievable photos, makes me hungry every time he posts LOL

Yeah that was it.

VERY GOOD Fortis!!!

One critical question: do you clean up after yourself?

Looks like you were “enthusiastic“ with your application of oil or butter.

Or maybe you have “people“ for that...

I always clean, I am a neat freak, unfortunately, what you see is condensation from the lid I had on top of the frying pan, I placed it on top of the cook top haha.

Really? I love gas. Done right it's super safe (over here).

I’ve seen a number of accidents when I was younger and that’s why I don’t like it.

7e18f25f6933875c90264eecd9ef72a7.png

:lol2: :lol2: :lol2:

Actually I used no oil, there was a bit left after my wife fried some bacon and I dropped the eggs in there, as explained above it’s condensation from the lid, you can see the reflection of the lid, I lifted it to take the photo, I can see now the pool of water on the left, also on the top right that’s where I had the lid before 😂

Fortis-just want to make sure you're aware that when they say pb and jelly they mean pb and jam. Your wife (and us) would never stop laughing if you make it with our jelly (its the same as Jell-o)

Also as an fyi never put a hot lid down on a glass/ceramic cooktop. The heated air under the lid can cause a vacuum and shatters the top.

I'm still here. I just don't post as much. Less spare time nowadays. Photobucket pissed me off charging $400 for links. That killed the kebab and nonkebab thread.

An instapot is probably the only cooking device I don't own. I have several traditional pressure cookers and they are great for Sauerbraten, short ribs, coq au vin, etc. This one is ten years old and still works great.

post-145816-1515877582_thumb.jpg

Cake, I have a six burner Thermador with a griddle and had the exact same issue you described. It fixed itself, so no idea what it was. No other problems and I love it, especially the ultra low setting.

Toaster ovens are awesome. Best thing ever for reheating pizza and leftovers. I have several, one of which has a built in rotisserie that is great for quail, whole chickens, and ducks.

Now if you excuse me I have four wagyu ribeyes I need to cook with fresh black truffles and some oyster, chantrelle, beech, and royal trumpet mushrooms. :icon_mrgreen:

How do you cook the wagyu?

These are your traditional inch and a half thick cut. They are going on a wood fired grill. For thinner cuts I sear on a tabletop binchotan grill or on a hot cast iron.

Fortis-just want to make sure you're aware that when they say pb and jelly they mean pb and jam. Your wife (and us) would never stop laughing if you make it with our jelly (its the same as Jell-o)

Also as an fyi never put a hot lid down on a glass/ceramic cooktop. The heated air under the lid can cause a vacuum and shatters the top.

Thank you for the info, actually never had a pb and jam sandwich, how could you mix the two? LOL

Now if you excuse me I have four wagyu ribeyes I need to cook with fresh black truffles and some oyster, chantrelle, beech, and royal trumpet mushrooms. :icon_mrgreen:

:headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

Pics!!! We definitely need to resurrect that thread!!

With AudiBull returning this thread is actually shaping up to be better than the bitcoin thread, at least if we can get some food pics.

With AudiBull returning this thread is actually shaping up to be better than the bitcoin thread, at least if we can get some food pics.

I have food pics for days. No fancy plating, but it was good.

post-145816-1515896275_thumb.jpg