holy mother of god: Marko D selling his Supra

StoleIt

"Fastest Street Car in the World" means absolutely nothing. There's always someone faster. Always.

And I find it very interesting that everyone posting in this thread with such interest in this old Supra is simply an L-Power "member", not an "owner".

That's not an insult obviously as I'm not one myself, but it does seem to prove that once you own an L-car, you laugh at threads like these because quarter-mile supremacy couldn't be further away on your radar. You don't give a shit.

I just noticed that...kind of neat when you think about it.

Maybe, just maybe, you younguns here who are obsessed with cars like the Marko-XYZDG supra, or whatever his name is, might want to hook up with a local L-Power member in your area and drive his Lambo if they let you. It just might change your perspecitve a little about what's important...and what's not.

Well everyone has their own cup of tea.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lol, the day I drive a Lambo is the day I die! Personally, speaking for myself I could care less if it's the fastest MkIV in the country. I maybe young(21), but I don't have any real interest in the 4th gen Supra. I don't like the way it looks to much, and 1000 hp isn't neccessary. It's an amazing platform, and has a vast potential, but Tractor Trailer sized turbos aren't my thing.

<-stupid

Oh I'd take a used Diablo over it as well, but I guess its just the knowledge of knowing you pretty much have the fastest street car in the world, which is a FMIC swap away from having AC.

Close but no cigar. Chad William's heffner twin turbo viper is quicker and faster, with the A/C and an aftermarket stereo.

Oh I'd take a used Diablo over it as well, but I guess its just the knowledge of knowing you pretty much have the fastest street car in the world, which is a FMIC swap away from having AC.

Close but no cigar. Chad William's heffner twin turbo viper is quicker and faster, with the A/C and an aftermarket stereo.

wtf did it run?

[email protected] according to his profile in viper alley

"Chad William's heffner twin turbo viper is quicker and faster, with the A/C and an aftermarket stereo."

There is a vid floating around, thing is just too damn noisy for the street.

those mph's are pretty much dead on. viper probably just has alot more low end torque gettin it that et. well damn they are both fricken crazy fast cars.

Look, why are ppl SO impressed; if u want fast for a street car as far as tuning, start with the biggest damn engine there is, the viper....The viper needs HALF the boost to make these numbers and the torque curve is still as flat as oklahoma...dunno why this supra is so important.

"Fastest Street Car in the World" means absolutely nothing. There's always someone faster. Always.

And I find it very interesting that everyone posting in this thread with such interest in this old Supra is simply an L-Power "member", not an "owner".

That's not an insult obviously as I'm not one myself, but it does seem to prove that once you own an L-car, you laugh at threads like these because quarter-mile supremacy couldn't be further away on your radar. You don't give a shit.

Maybe, just maybe, you younguns here who are obsessed with cars like the Marko-XYZDG supra, or whatever his name is, might want to hook up with a local L-Power member in your area and drive his Lambo if they let you. It just might change your perspecitve a little about what's important...and what's not.

<-stupid

Look, why are ppl SO impressed; if u want fast for a street car as far as tuning, start with the biggest damn engine there is, the viper....The viper needs HALF the boost to make these numbers and the torque curve is still as flat as oklahoma...dunno why this supra is so important.

how many 1500rwhp 8 second cars do you know of that are driven on the street? thats whats impressive. i honestly dont care how you get there, but the fact that it was achieved is just amazing...especially with a 3.something liter engine instead of a 8something v6 vs v10.

[email protected] according to his profile in viper alley

"Chad William's heffner twin turbo viper is quicker and faster, with the A/C and an aftermarket stereo."

There is a vid floating around, thing is just too damn noisy for the street.

That guy is gonna get his car into the 7's if he rips out his interior!.

And I suggest you Lambo owners do the same thing and drive a couple of Supras with real power, not just 580 hp. Notice how you don't see Alex@SPE making some of the absurd statements about Supras that have been made in this thread. He's owned one before and built and driven more high horsepower Supras than any other tuner in the country, and all of you are familiar with the Lambos he owns.

While Marko has made his mark in the quarter-mile, the vast majority of Supra owners drive and use their cars as God intended. I find it amazing how little some of you know and understand about forced induction, especially in a motor designed for it. Marko put somewhere between 5000-7000 miles on that car last year, kicking anybody's ass that dared to challenge him including any bike you care to mention. I can understand guys saying they prefer the exotic looks of ANY Lambo compared to the Supra, but when it comes to objective performance comparisons, we all know how that plays out.

Super-high horsepower Supra owners like Marko, me and many others do not have to worry about bad or no A/C, clutches blowing up or throttle position sensors, among other things, going haywire on cars that are driven so little. Read Steve Millen's comments about the Murci clutch in the last month's R & T Standing Mile Shootout won my Hennesseys twin-turbo Viper, the same John Hennessey that's 0-4 going against two of my Texas Supra buddies. After one clutch drop, he chose to call it a day, believing he would destroy the clutch if he continued.

It's pretty funny......Lambo owners commenting about the reliability of a car they know nothing about and manufactured by the company with the very best reputation for durability and reliabilty....from the Scion Xa to the Lexus LS 430. For those of you desirous of seeing what a Supra can do against your Lambo in the twisties, or on the track, I'd be happy to show you.

You might want to ask this question on any of the Viper forums. They'll tell you why people are so impressed with a 183 cubic in-line six that makes as much if not more power than their motors that displace, stock to stock, 2.75 times more than the Supra with four additional cylinders to boot. Of course a Viper motor doesn't have to be boosted as much as a Supra motor to make the same power. This is not a revelation. As great as the Supra motor is, there is still no replacement for displacement. Let me know if you think the Supra motor is still relatively unimpressive when Ryan Woon and Paul Efantis, two drivers of full-weight, and then some, six-speed Supras break Chad's six-speed quarter mile E.T. in the next 60 days or so.

Chad and Marko have yet to race, but, again, if you ask Viper owners, there aren't a whole lot of them lining up to race Marko, huge displacement motors and torque curves as flat as Kansas notwithstanding.

Ken

I agree with most of your points but stock for stock Supra loses in the handling department against the Gallardo.I have not driven extremely modified Supras but the few cars i have driven were not overly impressive in the handling department.

The Gallardo on the other hand is the best handling stock car i have ever driven and i have been exposed to a lot

Different strokes for different folks Ken. You can personalize it all you like, and get upset and throw a tanrum, calling our comments "absurd", etc, but I can tell you this:

Alex would drop his 1000hp Skyline off a bridge and into the river before he'd ever give up the 6.0.

That says it all, I can't form a rebuttle any better than that. Different strokes for different folks.

Guys, I agree, to each their own, but my comments were directed at what I felt were absured and ill-informed comments about what almost every other car board recognizes as a pretty special car. You guys know I am a Lambo lover; otherwise I wouldn't be on this board. But the myopia and inferiority complexes of some Lambo owners never cease to amaze me. I lecture some of my fellow Supra and AMG owners about the same thing so the disease is clearly not Lambo owner-specific.

And for those who think the car will not sell for $80,000, one of my 6speedonline buddies is prepared to pay that and more, and he's not involved in the Ebay bidding.

The bottom line is this:

Many of us feel the 1/4 mile is boring. And cars that focus on it are boring.

And that mentality rubs all the 1/4 mile disciples the wrong way, as they personalize it. Call it "absurd, ill-informed" or whatever other insulting term you like, but at the end of the day we're all entitled to our opinions.

My personal experience to make such a claim = better than most. My Uncle owned a 10 second Grand National in the early/mid-90s, and it was his entire life. I got to ride along in it a ton, and found that after the first dozen times the straight line rush wore right off. Quick. Got old fast. It became all about lowering the ET, which is of course the goal, but it just didn't float my boat, and I knew that wouldn't be my path as I got older.

For me it's the track. Much more involving, much more difficult, much more skill required by the driver. Even just time trials are more involved, let alone wheel to wheel racing.

So cars like this Marko guy's don't make me rush to post OMG GUYS LOOK AT THIS DEAL. It's a fast Supra with a singular straight line purpose. Just don't expect people like us, the majority of the board, who feel the track is where the men are seperated from the boys, to bow down to the 1/4 mile god. Not going to happen.

Now if this Marko guy's Supra had turned a 7:30 at the Nurburgring or something, then I'd be the first to call it a steal. That's the difference.

You obviously skimmed over my posts, particularly the part about driving the cars as God intended. I, myself, am not a quarter-miler and I understand members of this board don't get hard-ons hearing and reading about low ETs. There are, however, many car buffs that do; hence my comment about the car going for $80,000.

With the Supra, a road race-biaed car, against all odds, has been made a drag warrior and, because full-weight fully optioned 6-speed street-legal Supras with sound systems and, of course cages, have become 8-second cars (the autos have been there for some time), this is what the car has become famous for. Travel to the road racing subforum of SupraForums, however, and you'll get a much better appreciation of the car's capabilities, to the degree that I'm willing to promote a Lambo/Supra road race shootout if more convincing is needed.

You obviously skimmed over my posts, particularly the part about driving the cars as God intended. I, myself, am not a quarter-miler and I understand members of this board don't get hard-ons hearing and reading about low ETs. There are, however, many car buffs that do; hence my comment about the car going for $80,000.

With the Supra, a road race-biaed car, against all odds, has been made a drag warrior and, because full-weight fully optioned 6-speed street-legal Supras with sound systems and, of course cages, have become 8-second cars (the autos have been there for some time), this is what the car has become famous for. Travel to the road racing subforum of SupraForums, however, and you'll get a much better appreciation of the car's capabilities, to the degree that I'm willing to promote a Lambo/Supra road race shootout if more convincing is needed.

There is no doubt a Supra can be made to be very fast indeed, but none of the owners here would trade any Lambo for any Supra. This includes Alex.

As for roadcourse times, look up the modified JUN Supra on the Nurburgring, and then look up the stock the Murcielago.

As for the clutch arguement, ask Alex how my clutch looked after 6 years of abuse, 4 of them on nitrous. Send that info to Steve Millen.

none of the owners here would trade any Lambo for any Supra. This includes Alex.

Just because some trailer trash whore has bigger titties doesn't make her a better fcuk.

It is not the fastest street car in the world. He did not compete at the pump gas drags or drag week. People who have seen it in person say it's a pos.

Chad Williams ran 8's on pump gas. That's a huge difference. On pump gas a Supra is just average.

http://release.theplatform.com/content.sel...serName=Unknown

Who cares about pump gas? Why would you put all that money into a motor just to run a lower octane gas to try and prove something? Some people liking having working motors, and race gas is great insurance to prevent detonation. I don't get the hole pump gas thing, once you start modifying cars you should also be doing everything in your power to keep them in good working order. (Also a viper can make higher hp than a supra on pump gas due to lower compression and having 4 more cylinders)