Bugatti To build 1500HP Hybrid

Vegasgtr

https://autos.yahoo.com/news/bugattis-next-...-135612754.html

Bugatti is scheduled to end Veyron production within the next 12 months, with only around 20 build slots left for the 450-car run of Veyrons. However, fans shouldn’t be too saddened as an even more potent successor is in the works and likely to be revealed next year.

MUST SEE: Lamborghini Sesto Elemento Drag Races ThethetheFerrari: Video

We’ve previously heard that the new model will feature some form of hybrid technology and that it isn't likely to eclipse the Veyron Super Sport’s world record top speed of 267.856 mph. Well, a pair of inside sources has now told Reuters that the car will beat the world record speed.

The sources said the car may develop as much as 1,500 horsepower from a 16-cylinder engine, suggesting it will feature a modified version of the Veyron’s quad-turbocharged 8.0-liter W-16 mill. This would make it even more powerful than the 1,340-hp Koenigsegg One:1, currently the world’s most powerful production car. But more power won't be the car's only advantage. Lightweight construction is expected to be a key trait as well.

Like the Veyron, the new car is expected to have a 450-car production run, most likely broken down once agin into 300 coupes and 150 roadsters.

When contacted, a spokeswoman for Bugatti said only that the new model won’t be any less exciting than the Veyron. She also said Bugatti’s customers “have certain expectations.”

Kinda sounds like the "SuperVeyron" story is just being passed around again...but who knows, maybe this time it is for real.

Finally!!! The Veyron will be affordable once the new model drops.

Not just saying this because I have one, but Veyrons are not going to be dropping when the new model comes out.

Not just saying this because I have one, but Veyrons are not going to be dropping when the new model comes out.

depending on the price of the new one , it may actually bring the price up not down.

That was a poor attempt at humor VBUG, I am in no position to own a Veyron.....nor would I ever act like it was a possibility (would like a chance to ride in one someday). Guessing that's the closest to ownership I'll ever be....lol.

In actuality, I don't believe the development of any new car they put out will cause a "price drop" on the Veyron. It's on another level from all of it's compitition IMO.

That was a poor attempt at humor VBUG, I am in no position to own a Veyron.....nor would I ever act like it was a possibility (would like a chance to ride in one someday). Guessing that's the closest to ownership I'll ever be....lol.

[/

:eusa_naughty: Wrong attitude! Never say never!

This will be a very interesting car. Can't wait to see VW show off some hybrid tech. Recall that the Veyron came out in 2005! And think of how revolutionary it was then. This is a good time to be alive as a hypercar/supercar enthusiast. Bugatti will raise the bar once again and give something for POS/GTR/30k Turbo'ed Mustang fanboys to cling to religiously and scream at the top of their lungs. Meanwhile, it will give guys like us another target for working towards our goals!

I agree it will be an interesting car.

With hybrid we have another bit of bolt on propulsion. Super, turbo, electric. It is not forced air induction, but it is a new paradigm. I look forward to what "regular" cars will be like in 2020.

My prediction is that the new Bugatti will not have a hybrid system. No need to add the weight and the w16 quad turbo engine is no where close to its limit.

My prediction is that the new Bugatti will not have a hybrid system. No need to add the weight and the w16 quad turbo engine is no where close to its limit.

What kind of power is it capable of?

Ferrari, McLaren, Porsche all used hybrid tech in some capacity on their latest hypercar. I doubt VW Group would let the next Bugatti out the door and not be competitive on a green/hybrid scale. E-mode for city centers plus power fill-in a la ThethetheFerrari :icon_mrgreen: almost seem like a gimme. The one thing I don't see them getting rid of is the W16.

What kind of power is it capable of?

A lot more than 1500. If people can get 2000 hp out of a Gallardo 5.2 liter v10 with twin turbos, I am pretty sure Bugatti can get more than than that out of an 8.0 liter w16 with 4 turbos.

A lot more than 1500. If people can get 2000 hp out of a Gallardo 5.2 liter v10 with twin turbos, I am pretty sure Bugatti can get more than than that out of an 8.0 liter w16 with 4 turbos.

I think you are wrong. Fuel plays a big part of it. You are going to max out 93 octane. Unless Bugatti throws on Monster turbos they will need 300-400HP hybrid to compensate for the fuel. Now can they do it on c16 , easily .

Ferrari, McLaren, Porsche all used hybrid tech in some capacity on their latest hypercar. I doubt VW Group would let the next Bugatti out the door and not be competitive on a green/hybrid scale. E-mode for city centers plus power fill-in a la ThethetheFerrari :icon_mrgreen: almost seem like a gimme. The one thing I don't see them getting rid of is the W16.

The fact that those other brands used batteries is a reason why Bugatti wont IMO. I think the use of batteries in hypercars is a flash in the pan. Turbos are far superior to batteries when it comes to making power, and Bugatti will want to keep their weight down.

I agree that Bugatti doesn't necessarily need a hybrid system, but, correct me if I'm wrong, wasn't one of the main reasons for the latest crop of hyper cars having electric engines so that they could still push performance boundaries while remaining compliant to ever-increasing regulations on emissions, fuel consumption?

If that is the case then I think it's possible Bugatti might have to go the hybrid route.

I think you are wrong. Fuel plays a big part of it. You are going to max out 93 octane. Unless Bugatti throws on Monster turbos they will need 300-400HP hybrid to compensate for the fuel. Now can they do it on c16 , easily .

We will just have to wait and see who is right. There is no real info out there that is 100% certain there will be a hybrid system in the new Bugatti. Yes fuel plays a part, but 1500+ hp is easily achievable on the Bugatti engine with 4 turbos.

I agree that Bugatti doesn't necessarily need a hybrid system, but, correct me if I'm wrong, wasn't one of the main reasons for the latest crop of hyper cars having electric engines so that they could still push performance boundaries while remaining compliant to ever-increasing regulations on emissions, fuel consumption?

If that is the case then I think it's possible Bugatti might have to go the hybrid route.

Those regulations are still far enough away that Bugatti wont need to do that, and there will eventually be exceptions to those regulations for small car companies with low production numbers. Its my opinion (I know its not the popular opinion) that the use of batteries in these new hypercars are gimmicky at best.

Its my opinion (I know its not the popular opinion) that the use of batteries in these new hypercars are gimmicky at best.

I pretty much feel the same way. I would like to see the 918 or P1 exactly as is minus all the battery/electric nonsense just for a comparison sake. Dropping all that weight I bet the changes would be phenomenal.