Didn't this SV just sell for $125 ?

donzikid

But wouldn't this sale set the bar for an equally well maintained and well conditioned SV?

Of course. how could it not effect future sales.

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had that car up at MotorCars in MO in March of '06. It had 15k km's on it at the time. The reverse camera molded into the rear wing was quite clever. Exhaust has been changed since then.

Randy

People just don't realise... if you want an SE or SV.... you don't have many choices.. So pay up, or buy something else.

i think the SE 30 total production is of 150 cars

the SV though should be 345-350...that is more than double.

anyone can confirm the number of SV produced?

at 350 it would not be much different from the 460 roadster cars and more than the VT 6.0

300, 350, 450 ... is not VERY rare in old lamborghini world imo....even if these number would be considered for hiper collector cars in ferrari world or porsche world

all this said...i consider most diablo versions to be future classics and the number of cars made and still around small. i agree on Allan to buy a nice diablo today you cannot go wrong.

if i had to bet on a diablo it would be SE30 though...they will be more expensive than SV, VT 6.0 or roadster imo

What are the things to look for when inspecting a SV?

Check to see if it has a front diff.. if it does.. it isn't an SV... :icon_mrgreen:

You gotta get all the facts....just becuase someone sold it for $125k and dealer is asking $179k doesn't mean that the dealer is off! Maybe the car needed a bunch of work doing to it before it was retail ready? Don't forget.....you can EASILY spend $10-30k making a diablo right!

It's all about knowing, not guessing.

Remember the Countach at Lamborghini Palm Beach that people were saying it was too much money? And then raised the price by $50,000? 'It'll never sell for that $$$$ without the wing or US bumpers'

Do we really think a Diablo SV is going down in price guys? These Lamborghini's are starting to get the recognition they deserve....up and up is where these numbers are going.

i think the SE 30 total production is of 150 cars

the SV though should be 345-350...that is more than double.

anyone can confirm the number of SV produced?

at 350 it would not be much different from the 460 roadster cars and more than the VT 6.0

300, 350, 450 ... is not VERY rare in old lamborghini world imo....even if these number would be considered for hiper collector cars in ferrari world or porsche world

all this said...i consider most diablo versions to be future classics and the number of cars made and still around small. i agree on Allan to buy a nice diablo today you cannot go wrong.

if i had to bet on a diablo it would be SE30 though...they will be more expensive than SV, VT 6.0 or roadster imo

Im told around 350 worldwide SV produced from 97 to 99... Alot have also been wrecked and destroyed.. I wonder what it means for the Monterey, as it was a factory produced SV, for the U.S. of only 20 units...

Im told around 350 worldwide SV produced from 97 to 99... Alot have also been wrecked and destroyed.. I wonder what it means for the Monterey, as it was a factory produced SV, for the U.S. of only 20 units...

Well you own one.. So that is a huge deduct in value right there.. :icon_mrgreen:

yes, a lot of diablos are gone...all series

that's because they were pretty fast cars and it is easy to lose one on cold tyres...expecially the 2wd ones

monterey is a bit more money imo, it will always be more than regular SV

yes, a lot of diablos are gone...all series

that's because they were pretty fast cars and it is easy to lose one on cold tyres...expecially the 2wd ones

monterey is a bit more money imo, it will always be more than regular SV

Well I sure hope so, coming from a fellow Monterey Edition owner :icon_super:

Here's what I have been told:

Diablo 1990-> 873 built

Diablo VT 1993 to 2000 529 built

Diablo SE30 1993 to 1995 151 built

Diablo SV 1996 to 2000 346 built

Diablo SVR 1996 30 built

Diablo VT Roadster 1996 to 1999 466 built

Diablo GT 2000 80 built

Diablo GTR 2000 30 built

Diablo 6.0 2000 to 2001 416 built

Diablo 6.0 SE 2001 46 built

tks for the infos

this is more or less the same info i had ...basically with these numbers the 91 would hardly become the LP400 of the diablo line up.

the SE30 and GT are going to be the more expensive imo.

tks for the infos

this is more or less the same info i had ...basically with these numbers the 91 would hardly become the LP400 of the diablo line up.

SE forsure.. but GT not available in U.S.

Clearly I am a 6.0 owner and maybe I am biased. Out of all produced there were only so many imported to the US.. Like 130 or so.

The engine is a larger displacement than any other diablo, that coupled with a 1 year model run makes it pretty attractive. You don't have to take my word for it, but IMO I think the 6.0 will def be more sought after in the diablo world than the last model year run of the countach was for the countach world.

The carbon used throughout, audi's hand in a couple areas. etc.. quite a few reasons why I think the 6.0 is still a more collectible diablo. On top of that add the SE version and you get an even more desirable car. The colors they chose for the SE are some of my absolute favorites as well. In person they have so much presence.

Clearly I am a 6.0 owner and maybe I am biased. Out of all produced there were only so many imported to the US.. Like 130 or so.

The engine is a larger displacement than any other diablo, that coupled with a 1 year model run makes it pretty attractive. You don't have to take my word for it, but IMO I think the 6.0 will def be more sought after in the diablo world than the last model year run of the countach was for the countach world.

The carbon used throughout, audi's hand in a couple areas. etc.. quite a few reasons why I think the 6.0 is still a more collectible diablo. On top of that add the SE version and you get an even more desirable car. The colors they chose for the SE are some of my absolute favorites as well. In person they have so much presence.

Going to disagree.. Countach will be worth more strictly based off total production #'s no matter what. As for the 6.0, inmo being the last of the line does not make it the most valuable. Even thinking that it is the best of the line doesn't make it the most valuable ( just like with the Countach). They still made more 6.0s in 1 year than any other Diablo over periods of years.. Another thing to consider, will people add value to the Diablo PRE Audi... Will things like for example with the SV, be affected by where you are at. They made 346 over 4 years.. but in the U.S. they were only available in 98 and 99... In the end, trying to figure out which of the mainstream models is worth the most is pointless, they will all appreciate..

tks for the infos

+1

SV third in my opinion - but I'm biased too ;)

Going to disagree.. Countach will be worth more strictly based off total production #'s no matter what. As for the 6.0, inmo being the last of the line does not make it the most valuable. Even thinking that it is the best of the line doesn't make it the most valuable ( just like with the Countach). They still made more 6.0s in 1 year than any other Diablo over periods of years.. Another thing to consider, will people add value to the Diablo PRE Audi... Will things like for example with the SV, be affected by where you are at. They made 346 over 4 years.. but in the U.S. they were only available in 98 and 99... In the end, trying to figure out which of the mainstream models is worth the most is pointless, they will all appreciate..

I wasn't saying any diablo would be worth more than an anniversary countach.. I was just saying that production run to production run. the last of the countach's was the least desirable. I don't think the 6.0 (the last production diablo) will be the least desirable diablo.

I agree they will all appreciate. I fell in love with the 6.0 the second it came out and it still remains one of my all time fav Lambo's.. It seems there are a lot of Lambo guys that feel the same way.

I wasn't saying any diablo would be worth more than an anniversary countach.. I was just saying that production run to production run. the last of the countach's was the least desirable. I don't think the 6.0 (the last production diablo) will be the least desirable diablo.

I agree they will all appreciate. I fell in love with the 6.0 the second it came out and it still remains one of my all time fav Lambo's.. It seems there are a lot of Lambo guys that feel the same way.

Oh, i don't think it will be least desirable.. I think that would be the earlier VT model. I think the SE,GT, SV and SE 6.0 will be worth the most. Listing those in no particular order. If you go strictly off production #s, who knows, the SV Monterey Edition might be worth the most, only 20 made. Or even the Alpine Edition VT, Momo Edition. Who knows, its all speculation.

I fell in love with the 6.0 the second it came out and it still remains one of my all time fav Lambo's.. It seems there are a lot of Lambo guys that feel the same way.

I remember seeing the first 6.0 in he dealership. It was pearl yellow. I was SOOOOO disappointed! I felt like it lost all the drama by being so smoothed over. It's grown on me over the years, but the pop-up cars with all the fins (Roadsters, SE's, etc) still do it for me the most.

Oh, i don't think it will be least desirable.. I think that would be the earlier VT model. I think the SE,GT, SV and SE 6.0 will be worth the most. Listing those in no particular order. If you go strictly off production #s, who knows, the SV Monterey Edition might be worth the most, only 20 made. Or even the Alpine Edition VT, Momo Edition. Who knows, its all speculation.

I don't see it panning out quite like that...rather a parallel inflation of what we see today (and have seen for the lifespan of the car to date). The earliest Diablo continuing to be the comparatively least expensive and the rarest and/or latest Diablo being among the most expensive. I can't recall a time when the 94/95 VT fell below the original 91/92 2WD in price. It's always been a few bucks more, I assume due to a more word-of-mouth improved reliability reputation and slightly updated cosmetics among other incremental evolutions. I speculate the rarer cars will bring the big bucks not because of trends, but rather because they fall into whatever someone is willing to pay at that moment for the rarity. Sure, there might be anti-Audi purists looking for something other than a 6.0, but I don't get the feeling those people are out there in huge numbers to sway a market either. The 6.0 is still a fan favorite. The only thing I don't see making a huge wave over comparable MY's are the Alpine and Momo -- perfectly fine cars, but not enough uniqueness to break them out into their own desirability subset like the Monterey. There are lots of people out there that openly hate on the Anni Countach (where no Diablo model has ever been singled out to that extreme) and here we are looking at skyrocketing values on that car.

I don't see it panning out quite like that...rather a parallel inflation of what we see today (and have seen for the lifespan of the car to date). The earliest Diablo continuing to be the comparatively least expensive and the rarest and/or latest Diablo being among the most expensive. I can't recall a time when the 94/95 VT fell below the original 91/92 2WD in price. It's always been a few bucks more, I assume due to a more word-of-mouth improved reliability reputation and slightly updated cosmetics among other incremental evolutions. I speculate the rarer cars will bring the big bucks not because of trends, but rather because they fall into whatever someone is willing to pay at that moment for the rarity. Sure, there might be anti-Audi purists looking for something other than a 6.0, but I don't get the feeling those people are out there in huge numbers to sway a market either. The 6.0 is still a fan favorite. The only thing I don't see making a huge wave over comparable MY's are the Alpine and Momo -- perfectly fine cars, but not enough uniqueness to break them out into their own desirability subset like the Monterey. There are lots of people out there that openly hate on the Anni Countach (where no Diablo model has ever been singled out to that extreme) and here we are looking at skyrocketing values on that car.

I know you have a VT, and Im not trying to devalue any of the cars... I just think the top values will go to the purist ( 91 -93) the rarest, and most extreme of the make. That does not mean there might be a huge difference in price between say a 93 Diablo, and a 94 VT, I just think the earlier car will ultimately be worth more. Didnt you yourself disconnect your awd so that your VT would drive more like a 2wd car? When I was looking for my Diablo a few years back, I had access to a couple 94-95VTs.. all priced in the 75 to 85K range. All just speculation, they will all certainly go up.

I know you have a VT, and Im not trying to devalue any of the cars... I just think the top values will go to the purist ( 91 -93) the rarest, and most extreme of the make. That does not mean there might be a huge difference in price between say a 93 Diablo, and a 94 VT, I just think the earlier car will ultimately be worth more. Didnt you yourself disconnect your awd so that your VT would drive more like a 2wd car? When I was looking for my Diablo a few years back, I had access to a couple 94-95VTs.. all priced in the 75 to 85K range. All just speculation, they will all certainly go up.

I agree just bought a 92 Diablo, its pure Lamborghini different build from later years. Car is bad azz.