Didn't this SV just sell for $125 ?

donzikid

I would imagine the 1994 would be a much better seller than any prior year - first year of power steering, etc and known to have less issues than earlier years. I agree and factory rear wheel drive will be more collectible. The 98-99 SV's will obviously be the best investment along with the anniversary.

Driving.. the 94 VT is the most unimpressive Diablo to drive...

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

while i agree on diablo Vs murcielago, i like to drive the countach more than the diablo

MORE direct feeling: steering, handling, throttle pedal...

countach is slower but the diablo is less good as a driver's car imo

this in everything beside traffic...where the countach is much more of a nightmare than the diablo!

ideally to me the TOP would be a countach with diablo power and torque. i think it is doable with a QV with some mods

Dont get me wrong, I love driving the Countach..But the effort involved in driving the car after awhile can get exhausting... There are parts of the canyons here that are extremely twisty and windy that one trip through them and you are exhausted.. Additionally the Countach brakes are a major setback.. Coming down a steep windy canyon road you have to be very cautious of your speed and start braking very very early... Out on straight open roads, or in the canyons where the turns are nice sweeping crests, the Countach is a blast to drive. Its performance is still exciting enough to get in trouble with.. Lastly, the car is approaching 30 years old, so an old car inmo demands abit of extra caution in all aspects.

The Diablo inmo still retains alot of the rawness of the Countach, but in a much more comfy and useable package. The early cars are good, but the brakes are just as bad, if not worse then the Countach. The ability to put the windows down is a major plus, the motor sound cannot be matched by any Countach. Ofcourse its more powerful, and the power more useable. Visually the SV inmo coming at your is one of the most incredible looking cars ever made.

The Murcielago... still cool, but if I had to get rid of one of them, without hesitation the Murcielago would be gone and in all honesty I dont think Id miss it.

Dont get me wrong, I love driving the Countach..But the effort involved in driving the car after awhile can get exhausting... There are parts of the canyons here that are extremely twisty and windy that one trip through them and you are exhausted.. Additionally the Countach brakes are a major setback.. Coming down a steep windy canyon road you have to be very cautious of your speed and start braking very very early... Out on straight open roads, or in the canyons where the turns are nice sweeping crests, the Countach is a blast to drive. Its performance is still exciting enough to get in trouble with.. Lastly, the car is approaching 30 years old, so an old car inmo demands abit of extra caution in all aspects.

The Diablo inmo still retains alot of the rawness of the Countach, but in a much more comfy and useable package. The early cars are good, but the brakes are just as bad, if not worse then the Countach. The ability to put the windows down is a major plus, the motor sound cannot be matched by any Countach. Ofcourse its more powerful, and the power more useable. Visually the SV inmo coming at your is one of the most incredible looking cars ever made.

The Murcielago... still cool, but if I had to get rid of one of them, without hesitation the Murcielago would be gone and in all honesty I dont think Id miss it.

Exactly! I have had them all and agree 100%, and I did sell the Murci...and don't miss it at all.

My SV is hands down the most fun to drive and the best looking IMO.

So is that a realistic price for an average early Diablo then or is that skewed because of auctions?

Yeah, the auction always skews the numbers. So someone paid that 92.5 plus the added buyers premium, which may have been as high as 9K. On the other hand, the seller had to pay the listing fees along with getting the car to the auction, so they "sold" at maybe 87-88K. That is the conundrum. As a seller, do you just take the $87K and not mess with the hassle of an auction, or find a buyer in the nineties that was willing to pay this at auction.

Here is my opinion.

It won't take 10 years... It will take 3-5 for the diablo to mature.

The market will lift on them slightly each year until the major collectors start buying them up. Then they will sky rocket like the countach. Actually it was the gt350/400, then the miura, then the countach..

I personally feel the 6.0 will be at the pinnacle of values for the diablo. Not because I own one, but because of many attributing factors. Mainly the 1 year model run with not only the car, but the engine as well.

of course the 94 SE, the SV's and the late model roadsters we have all mentioned in the past as well.

Here is my opinion.

It won't take 10 years... It will take 3-5 for the diablo to mature.

The market will lift on them slightly each year until the major collectors start buying them up. Then they will sky rocket like the countach. Actually it was the gt350/400, then the miura, then the countach..

I personally feel the 6.0 will be at the pinnacle of values for the diablo. Not because I own one, but because of many attributing factors. Mainly the 1 year model run with not only the car, but the engine as well.

of course the 94 SE, the SV's and the late model roadsters we have all mentioned in the past as well.

Not to fight you on this, as we are just speculating, but in terms of pinnacle values, I see the 6.0 as more so the Anniversary Countach of the Diablo.. The most refined of the model run, but also the most produced. I think the SE, SEJota, GT, SV, and 6.0 SE will be the pinnacle of value. If Countach history repeats itself, then the 91 very well maybe the most desired as its the purest form, although this didnt hold true for the Muira...

Values are going to rise, but in 3 to 5 years I dont see Any Diablo selling for 1.8 Million like the Countach.. But hell, for all our sakes...I hope Im wrong!

Not to fight you on this, as we are just speculating, but in terms of pinnacle values, I see the 6.0 as more so the Anniversary Countach of the Diablo.. The most refined of the model run, but also the most produced. I think the SE, SEJota, GT, SV, and 6.0 SE will be the pinnacle of value. If Countach history repeats itself, then the 91 very well maybe the most desired as its the purest form, although this didnt hold true for the Muira...

Values are going to rise, but in 3 to 5 years I dont see Any Diablo selling for 1.8 Million like the Countach.. But hell, for all our sakes...I hope Im wrong!

I agree 100% there. don't see any diablo's hitting that mark either, but $500-600k.. Sure.

I agree 100% there. don't see any diablo's hitting that mark either, but $500-600k.. Sure.

I hope soo... Only 3k Diablos produced total so it should happen at some point..

This is good and bad. Good because they should be worth a fair amount but bad because if you sell and then they jump, I would regret it.

They will jump forsure... Just depends on how long you want to wait.. The one thing that is forsure... is they arent getting any cheaper..

i am with Allan

they will go up but never as miura and countach

please note the 350-400GT while being the VERY first model produced by lamborghini are usually cheaper than most expensive miura and countach variants.

why?

because as rare and important as the model n.1 lamborghini it is not as "ICONIC"

diablos will go up but never so hi imo. it was one of the best car of its era while the countach was THE supercar of its period: competitor was only BB and 930 turbo and neither comes close to the countach image-design and mistical aura.

when the diablo was new there were MANY great supercars, some faster and rarer: Mc laren F1, F40, EB110, XJ 220....a LOT of hard competitors!

not sure the 91 will ever be the most desired...they built too many imo

if it was a 150-200 cars run it could very well be, but whith the number of 91 made, i think SE30, Jota, SV and GT will be more expensive, always.

Driving.. the 94 VT is the most unimpressive Diablo to drive...

Do you mean stock? When I was shopping I specifically targeted the 94/95 VT for myself (I haven't driven the 94SE or 6.0). The AWD certainly took some edge off, but the car is two-wheel drive now + straight pipes. Doth my ass deceive me?...It feels just as angry as my other Diablo experiences and it brings the big Brembos.

Do you mean stock? When I was shopping I specifically targeted the 94/95 VT for myself (I haven't driven the 94SE or 6.0). The AWD certainly took some edge off, but the car is two-wheel drive now + straight pipes. Doth my ass deceive me?...It feels just as angry as my other Diablo experiences and it brings the big Brembos.

Yes.. but you made it 2wd! Haha

Are there any upgrades for the Countach brakes keeping a stock look?

You can change the pads.. but thats about it.. There is a brake upgrade kit, but then not stock..

anybody have any general info on the black sv good or bad?

I owned it and did quite some work to it to get it where it should be, we then sold it to Nick.

I think he put close to 4-5K miles on it.

We ended up getting him a Red Murcie.

This SV was sold to the current Dealer that has it for sale now.

I will fall flat on my face if they get anywhere NEAR $179K for it

Russ had the car listed here for $108k within the last year and I was AMAZED it didnt sell quickly...the for-sale ad was up for weeks. :( It bummed me out every time I saw it because I wanted it badly, but just wasnt in a position to buy right now (but then again, who DOESN'T want a Black SV!?). So I'm sure theres plenty of us in that club.

There have only been a few deals over the years that I dwell on missing, but that black SV will definitely be one of them! What a badass looking Diablo!

Russ had the car listed here for $108k within the last year and I was AMAZED it didnt sell quickly...the for-sale ad was up for weeks. :( It bummed me out every time I saw it because I wanted it badly, but just wasnt in a position to buy right now (but then again, who DOESN'T want a Black SV!?). So I'm sure theres plenty of us in that club.

There have only been a few deals over the years that I dwell on missing, but that black SV will definitely be one of them! What a badass looking Diablo!

I think one of the issues at that time with the car was the matte wrapped hood..

Ive seen some Euro SV's up over 200k U.S.

There certainly does appear to be some serious disparity between USA and Euro pricing with the Diablo at the moment..