Bugatti Veyron Test Drive!!!!

Allan-Herbie

Yes, its true! Just got back from a very gracious Veyron drive, compliments of the guys at Beverly Hills Lambo. Now mind you, this was not just any test drive, this was a full on ring out as much of the car as humanly possible on the street of L.A. drive, not a 5 minute trip around the block. The drive consisted not only of me cruising around in traffic, but SEVERAL full on acceleration bursts to as much as 135mph from traffic light to traffic light, and being able to STOP!!!! All I can say, is im in love. The car is rediculous. As far as what it feels to drive, the best I can liken it to, is that it feels like a Murcielago, with 5X the power, with a seemless transmission.

Heres how it went. First go out with the test driver, who explains the car to me, and gives us some inclanation to the capabilities of the car. The tranny has three functions, click it to the right, and it is in drive. You just cruise like in any automatic car. Car is soo easy to drive, and visibility is very good, even though the seats are set too far down for my likeing. This is fixed at the factory, as they are matched to each persons requirements. Drive is for easy, normal driving. Then you click it again, and you are in Sport mode, or you can go into paddle shifters. I kept it in Sport, where the car holds the gear you are in, and shifts at 6400rpm. The tranny actually always has the next gear already engaged, making your shifts totally seemless. From short stoplight to stoplight, I hit slightly over 135mph, and what amazed me was the cars ability to stop. In between short bursts in traffic, everytime id get on it, instantly you are doing triple digits with brakes to match.

People on the streets definitely recognize the car also, as it stops traffic wherever it goes. We must have also made a Camaro SS drivers day, when the test driver gave him a test of what the BUG could do, leaving him instantly behind.

As I said, the feel of the car, is much closer to a Murcielago, then to say a Porsche Carrera Gt in my opinion. It was a fantastic experience, and many, many thanks to the guys at Beverly Hills Lambo for the opportunity.

For me, the Bugatti is the DEFINITIVE Supercar, capable of making cars like the Enzo, look silly.

And if you think this is the end of the story, Rakjoe drove it NEXT!!!!

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What a great first-hand experience! Besides straight line acceleration, do you have any comments on the handling??

And if you think this is the end of the story, Rakjoe drove it NEXT!!!!

I sure did.. :finga: :finga:

My drive was a bit shorter then Allans as it was the last test drive of the day and the test driver Pierre-Henry Raphanel was very tired after long day of demonstrations.

Allan sumed it up pretty good, the car is DA SHIIT ! I came back very happy from that drive not only because I've driven the fastest, most expensive car in the world but because I have found a new dream. Since I had the Murcie I was dreamless, nothing to look up to, no more!

Long live the new king !

Thank you BH Lambo, John and Ehren , for making this experience possible for us.

Do i see Joe wearing a jacket?Can that be true?I didn't know he owned one :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

The Bugatti looks great.So when are we getting one?

Do i see Joe wearing a jacket?Can that be true?I didn't know he owned one :mrgreen:  :mrgreen:  :mrgreen:  

We placed orders for 2. Where were you?

Do i see Joe wearing a jacket?Can that be true?I didn't know he owned one :mrgreen:  :mrgreen:  :mrgreen:  

I am holding out for a Zonda

:shock: :shock: :shock: :supz: :supz: :supz: :prayer: :supz: :prayer: :supz: :prayer: :prayer: :prayer: :prayer: :twisted:

are you realy getting one? :shock:

Ehhhh Zondas are for girls..... :lol:

Awesome want a more detailed review come on Allan you can do better that the review above. You drove 1 - 50 Bugatti's ever to be made i want the real down low on this car. :mrgreen:

Ehhhh Zondas are for girls..... :lol:

Ugly girls like me :lol: :lol: :lol:

Awesome want a more detailed review come on Allan you can do better that the review above.  You drove 1 - 50 Bugatti's ever to be made i want the real down low on this car.   :mrgreen:

Out of the 300 that are scheduled to be built. :mrgreen:

:prayer: :supz:

Congrats you two lucky ones :partyman:

Time to buy some lottery tickets

Awesome want a more detailed review come on Allan you can do better that the review above.  You drove 1 - 50 Bugatti's ever to be made i want the real down low on this car.   :mrgreen:

Out of the 300 that are scheduled to be built. :mrgreen:

250 built over 5 years according to Raphanel himself.

Price is set to be 1,000,000 euros, which is around $1.2 Million.

Premium for early delivery is rumered to be in the excess of $500,000. :shock:

The car can reach it's top speed in less then one minute (55.6 seconds to be exact) and come to a complete stop from that speed in 10 seconds flat :shock: thanks to the air brake similar to the ones found in jet airplanes wings.

Talk about jets, it's the first thing comes to mind when driving this car, the feeling of acceleration is similar to the feeling when a jetliner is taking off, exactly the same ! So is the "SWOOOSH" of the engine behind.. :P

you're joking right?