Roy has a DD on ebay

vmanaktala

DD on Ebay

Please put your comments and your guess of what the final bid will be. It doen't matter if the reserve is meet or not. The contest will close 12 hours before the auction ends.

Who ever get closest to the final bid will win a great prize from my large collection of Countach toys.

My guess $132,501

Any info about the car is welcome here as well.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thats Steve's old car (gomifune). Ralph knows alot about that car...

I'll give Roy the benefit of the doubt, I say it gets to $155k.

DD on Ebay

Please put your comments and your guess of what the final bid will be. It doen't matter if the reserve is meet or not. The contest will close 12 hours before the auction ends.

Who ever get closest to the final bid will win a great prize from my large collection of Countach toys.

My guess $132,501

Any info about the car is welcome here as well.

My guess $495k, lol :eusa_naughty: lol!

I'll say $151K hope I am way too low, you know why ;)

Sorry guys I need a history lesson...............whats the difference between the regulat coutach 5000 and the down draught ???

Sorry guys I need a history lesson...............whats the difference between the regulat coutach 5000 and the down draught ???

Downdraft carbs vs side-draft carbs, and 4 valves/cylinder vs 2, giving an extra 80 hp over the 2V cars.

My guess: $148,100.

Downdraft carbs vs side-draft carbs, and 4 valves/cylinder vs 2, giving an extra 80 hp over the 2V cars.

My guess: $148,100.

and why is this so rare? cause they only made 13 of them ??

I'll say $132,501.01 Bob. (Just kidding)

My guess is $163,000.

The contest will close 12 hours before the auction ends.

I will make a guess March 12 at 3.51am. PDT. :icon_mrgreen:

In this case (5000QV), its down draught carbs vs Bosch K-Jetronic Fuel Injection ie "regular" US Spec 5000 QV was Fuel Injection.

-mick

This will be FUN....Can I play also...guess it wont be fair on my own car..

You could always put a price you think it will hit.

Then bid up your auction to that price. I dont know what the prize is, but you would win.

Its a joke guys. LAUGH DAMNIT!

Maybe someone is posting a 'guess' that will be THEIR actual bid, hmmmm. :eusa_think: now that would be a sure way to win the surprise toy! You can buy the car and get a bonus :icon_mrgreen:

sorry topcarbon, I see you sort of theorized this already, didn't read all the thread, my bad, my embarrassment :icon_redface: ...lol!

Anyway good luck Roy, I had bids just over 150K back in Dec. for a day or two on mine before I reconsidered.

post-9329-1173226688_thumb.jpg

Are we allowed to shill bid????

-mick

PS Ok ok my bad. But I just could not pass up that joke. Roy, I owe you a beer for that one.

This will be FUN....Can I play also...guess it wont be fair on my own car..

BUT one piece of info I will add. When I got the car from Steve he had just had Goerge Evenas put in a new K clutch and some other minor things as well, full service etc...the CAR is a SCREAMER!! ABout 200 miles after I got I noted a Gas smell....

We found the little plugs under the float bowls, (I didnt Steve from Driven Exotics did), were coming out, age whatever...

anyways contacted Weber, they had provided us with all new pieces including <not sure what this is> rods and floats etc...bunch of stuff they said had been redesigned...I had STEVE take ALL webs off and rebuild them all plus jeted correctlly...Like nite and day from the first drive...

OH and also replaced the Fuel filler cap, had the wrong one on there, one from a ford, new door struts, hood strut, bunch of little details, you know me I like perfect...or as close as I can get..

This car is GREAT...

OK, Can I up my Bid to 161,237?

Sounds like a great car.

Thats my baby, I miss her. Wish I had the bank account to bid. Hell if that were the case I would have bought it from Steve.

I liked the price better when that scammer stole Roy's listing on this car! LOL

I'm thinking 151K but putting my money on 135K.

Thats my baby, I miss her. Wish I had the bank account to bid. Hell if that were the case I would have bought it from Steve.

If Mike says it is his baby then you know it is nice, Mike know these cars at least as well as anyone :icon_thumleft: