LAMBOPOWER CRIBS MEGATHREAD!

Allan-Herbie

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Porter, how big was your last home (the one you posted pics of)? Absolutley stunning.

Less than 6,000SF. But the design wasn't perfect. A much smaller home could have flowed more nicely. Won't make that mistake again :icon_thumleft:

(Mrs.) Porter, love the clean/contemp. style while still keeping it cozy with a personality, beautiful home! All the best on the new project :icon_thumleft:

:iamwithstupid: Perfect combination of modern design while still feeling like home and not some club/sterile environment with one chair in a huge room. Love it.

• 3 weeks later...

Soooooo, it is time for me to decorate my new mancave and hopefully lose my virginity with a girl :icon_thumleft:

I know many members here have exquisite taste in designing their homes so what I want to know is where I could find good quality/design furniture and maybe how to layout the design and of course, get some new ideas. Please observe this is a apartment and not a big house, mainly I need a cool livingroom and a cozy bedroom, it is a totally rebuilt old industrial building with high ceilings and and very very cool panorama windows with a waterview, kitchen and bathroom is top notch!

I have looked at Minotti and B&B Italia for most of the part but I am very open to learn more and other suggestions!

I have an opening on the smartglass door finally and I'm starting to get short on time so I try to get the ball in rolling!

Thanks!

Support your country, buy Ikea. If you don't, it just means you want the terrorists to win.

Seriously though, we need pictures of your place. Pretty impossible to say with just that description.

Hire a gay designer, shopping for furniture, matching colors, getting fabrics, bedding, paint, etc, finding good shit and putting it all together is gay to begin with, let a pro do it for you. Seriously. Did this myself around 10 years ago, basically described the look I was going for, gave him some links to modern Italian furniture and he took it from there, bought the pieces, hired the contractors, painters, even bought cookware, dinnerware, glasses, towels etc, all I had to do to move was bring my clothes, cars, and some personal art. Every chick thats been thru says wow, you have good taste, did you do this by yourself?..... I say nope, and then I get laid. :eusa_dance:

Hire a gay designer, shopping for furniture, matching colors, getting fabrics, bedding, paint, etc, finding good shit and putting it all together is gay to begin with, let a pro do it for you. Seriously. Did this myself around 10 years ago, basically described the look I was going for, gave him some links to modern Italian furniture and he took it from there, bought the pieces, hired the contractors, painters, even bought cookware, dinnerware, glasses, towels etc, all I had to do to move was bring my clothes, cars, and some personal art. Every chick thats been thru says wow, you have good taste, did you do this by yourself?..... I say nope, and then I get laid. :eusa_dance:

Good advice from the master himself but I'm one step ahead of you allready, I'm having two drop dead gorgeous blondes, one ugly fat chick and a semigay pro designer along with a hi-fi dude checking the place out next Wednesday :icon_thumleft: Hopefully I will loose my virginity after 3 Lambos, a dope crib and a few gay Audis!?

Anyway, IKEA is for cheap bastards who has simple taste and have fairly regular sex with ugly women :icon_mrgreen:

Bernard is spot on.

No offense to the gay boys on the forum and it's actually a compliment - gays and attractive women are very good with style and colors. Men are terrible. Women understand the difference between fashion (current trends that quickly go out of favor) and style (functional, classy, elegant, sexy).

My opinion is there are very few places that guys should never cheap out: suits, homes (the actual dwelling), vehicles, timepieces. Other than that one can typically pair more expensive items with cheaper shit and nobody will ever know.

If you have a sweet apartment it doesn't need to have massive square footage to be impressive. Nor do you need B&B stuff if it's tastefully decorated. That said your place your call so when you're done post some photos up in the Cribs thread and let us all see how the pokester lives :icon_thumleft:

Do as the gays do!

Good advice from the master himself but I'm one step ahead of you allready, I'm having two drop dead gorgeous blondes, one ugly fat chick and a semigay pro designer along with a hi-fi dude checking the place out next Wednesday :icon_thumleft: Hopefully I will loose my virginity after 3 Lambos, a dope crib and a few gay Audis!?

Anyway, IKEA is for cheap bastards who has simple taste and have fairly regular sex with ugly women :icon_mrgreen:

make sure the semi gay pro designer will definitely attend to the meeting you don't want to waste such a great opportunity of losing your virginity :icon_mrgreen:

make sure the semi gay pro designer will definitely attend to the meeting you don't want to waste such a great opportunity of losing your virginity :icon_mrgreen:

I knew you were the type of guy who would instantly target the semigay when two hot blondes attends at the same time and place, scary :icon_mrgreen:

Bernard is spot on.

No offense to the gay boys on the forum and it's actually a compliment - gays and attractive women are very good with style and colors. Men are terrible. Women understand the difference between fashion (current trends that quickly go out of favor) and style (functional, classy, elegant, sexy).

My opinion is there are very few places that guys should never cheap out: suits, homes (the actual dwelling), vehicles, timepieces. Other than that one can typically pair more expensive items with cheaper shit and nobody will ever know.

If you have a sweet apartment it doesn't need to have massive square footage to be impressive. Nor do you need B&B stuff if it's tastefully decorated. That said your place your call so when you're done post some photos up in the Cribs thread and let us all see how the pokester lives :icon_thumleft:

Do as the gays do!

As I said Porter, I'm allready halfway there :icon_thumleft: I was hoping you would chime in, I simply love your houses/style and would very much appreciate any help you could offer, thank you!

As I said Porter, I'm allready halfway there :icon_thumleft: I was hoping you would chime in, I simply love your houses/style and would very much appreciate any help you could offer, thank you!

Bro I'm a hack but I'm smart enough to surround myself with people who aren't. Can't wait to see your finished product. I'll let you and Fortis get back to quipping about balls and dongs now.

:lol2: :icon_super:

Bro I'm a hack but I'm smart enough to surround myself with people who aren't. Can't wait to see your finished product. I'll let you and Fortis get back to quipping about balls and dongs now.

If you PM me your email I'll gladly send you some pics of the place? Thanks again! :icon_thumleft:

:iamwithstupid: WERD!

I knew you were the type of guy who would instantly target the semigay when two hot blondes attends at the same time and place, scary :icon_mrgreen:

hey you brought it up first :icon_mrgreen:

Ok I officially feel bad for the guys that think you have to be gay in order to be able to pick your own furniture and decor!

I know you tough machos hide behind your keyboard and are afraid to admit it but on the other hand you go prancing

around picking interior colors for your car have sleepless nights trying to match the stitching with the roof lining, diamond shape upholster your seats to go with your floor mats, comment on different shades of paint etc etc :lol2:

Porter you can't tell me you had no influence in the decor, lighting, colors and furniture :)

firstly you can't even begin to architecturally design anything without keeping all of those things in mind, certain spaces require a certain type of furniture and interior finishes, yes you can get some gay dude after to pick some more rubbish

for you, pillows, art etc but that's just nonsense, interior architecture (layout) goes hand in hand with decor, when you achieve perfect symmetry than you know you've done something right :)

I've done my whole house from top to bottom, I did have an interior decorator (a lady) just because I didn't know where all the crap was so I basically paid her to take me to where she was buying stuff from and I picked it all myself :)

than she bought all the other nonsense, candles, pillows, some art, some table lamps, etc

And NO for God's sake I am not gay, I am scared to give this guy any more info on the subject :lol2:

slowpoke I would first figure out the interior finishes, glass, paint, timbers, wall paper, tiles, marble, AV integration, lighting, kitchen design, bathroom design etc if you nail that you will need very little furniture, you putting the cart before

the horse, once you decide the interior finishes than the furniture will be very easy to pick because it will have to complement the look.

Good Luck Buddy!! I have to go and do something manly like chop some wood and shit :badgrin: