i bought a 722

johnw(to)

well, i traded in the 05 slr for a 722. im a sick man- i think i need psychiatric care.

i love the look of the 722 and when the 3rd and last available 722 in canada popped up i pulled the trigger.

post-7113-1185395380_thumb.jpg

post-7113-1185395396_thumb.jpg

post-7113-1185395413_thumb.jpg

well we did already which is one of the reasons i got the 722. side by side the 722 looks friggin amazing. a black slr would fair far better but my silver slr looked like a girls car next to his.

i dont want to hang around aram anymore. he races cars, has horses, plus alot of other nice things. i'll end up being broke hanging around him!

John...

AWESOME!!!!

You'll have to post some thoughts on the difference between stock and 722.

thanks guys!!

i really had a hard time spending the extra money on the car. now that its done im pretty happy. i just love darker grey cars with black wheels. my wife thinks the other slr was way nicer.

glenn i would say right off the get go the 722 is much stiffer than the slr. truthfully maybe too much so. there is very little compliance when going over bumps. i guess i'll get used to it.

as for power or handling i'll have to break the car in to compare the two. i cant imagine there being much difference. not for my driving skill anyway- the slr is such a friggin monster to start with.

im in love with the front splitter. its a beautiful piece of work that looks awesome. the car sat for a week in hiding while i decided whether i should buy it. the dealership called in a carbon fiber guy to take pics of the front spoiler. he wanted to take it off and uhhh x-ray it i think (i dont think it was x-ray but something else like that)..........but i didnt want them removing it. anyway the guy said he can make a perfect knock off for about $5000.

if i had a black slr i would have kept car, got some wheels- probably brabus like glenns, and put the front splitter on. but the silver beside the 722 was killing me. especially when i went cruising with aram. the 722 looks alot more aggressive side by side. its all personal taste though.

the inside is awesome with the suede or alcantara (whatever it is ) all over the place. again if i had the black slr i would buy a brabus steering wheel or get a 722 knock off made. the car seems more fun to drive with the fat grippy steering wheel.

its very cool having two of three 722 owners on the board. and the third owner is pretty nuts too. he lets his kids drive the car more than he does. one is a helicopter pilot and drives the crap out of the car.

these canadian 722's will be driven very hard :icon_mrgreen::)

i really had a hard time spending the extra money on the car.

How much more is it, If you don't mind me asking

Congrats John.There were rumors flying that you were looking at the car and seriously contemplating getting it and i am glad you did.It went to a good home and i know you appreciate the car and will drive the shit out of it.Now you are going to have to join me on some track days so that i can show you what the car is capable of.

You will be pleasantly suprised.

On another note i think it is really cool than we control 66.6% of the 722 market in Canada

Congratulations John --- very nice indeed!

Typical Canadian scenario: you Torontonians get all the cream of the crop while we here in the wild West only get, at best, seconds! :icon_mrgreen: :eusa_wall: Between B.C. & Alberta, we have about 5 SLR's but no 722 at all. One "regular" SLR (used) changed hands recently in Vancouver.

Congrats on the purchase. Does the 722 only come in the one color combo or can you spec it out?

Jeff

Congrats on the purchase. Does the 722 only come in the one color combo or can you spec it out?

Jeff

It's either black or grey.

Congrats John.There were rumors flying that you were looking at the car and seriously contemplating getting it and i am glad you did.It went to a good home and i know you appreciate the car and will drive the shit out of it.Now you are going to have to join me on some track days so that i can show you what the car is capable of.

You will be pleasantly suprised.

On another note i think it is really cool than we control 66.6% of the 722 market in Canada

thanks for the nice words aram. i friggin cant wait for u to show me how to drive this beast. hopefully the next pics wont be 722 crashes into wall at mosport! call me when ur going - keep in mind i only have 200km's on the car so i'm trying to break it in quickly. its friggin agony keeping it under 4500 rpm.

yup its cool that we do- i think we just guaranteed the resale market of 722's in canada.

Congratulations John --- very nice indeed!

Typical Canadian scenario: you Torontonians get all the cream of the crop while we here in the wild West only get, at best, seconds! :icon_mrgreen: :eusa_wall: Between B.C. & Alberta, we have about 5 SLR's but no 722 at all. One "regular" SLR (used) changed hands recently in Vancouver.

hey vcr i've seen some nice cars out west. i got one of my ferrari's from out there (shhh dont tell anyone i used the word ferrari).

the crazy thing is aram and i only live about 20 minutes apart. who would have thought 2 of the 3 722's end up being so close.

i feel much more comfortable driving like a complete maniac and running from the police. because if they ever catch up to me im gonna tell em it was aram and he just drove the other direction. :eusa_dance: