Countach for only $69k

Ray G

from the nameless broker...

I am open to offers. I drove the car about 150 Miles this weekend..GREAT driver...

New tires, new altenator, recent tune up, fludis, filters, everything works on the car, no paint or accident history...

this is what it does need...

new battery

good 500 dollar detail

slight slave brake resivor leak, needs attention in the future

clutch starting to slip, would say 1000K left on it

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

from the nameless broker...

I am open to offers. I drove the car about 150 Miles this weekend..GREAT driver...

New tires, new altenator, recent tune up, fludis, filters, everything works on the car, no paint or accident history...

this is what it does need...

new battery

good 500 dollar detail

slight slave brake resivor leak, needs attention in the future

clutch starting to slip, would say 1000K left on it

My friend did say he was told the seller was "motivated". Someone hurry up and buy this thing for $60k and start a restoration thread on it. I think it's a heck of a deal.

outstanding post RomanDad. means alot to those of us on the outside looking at C/T ownership. i still want to see / sit in one before i commit. i need to get off my butt and see if i can get a ticket to see Roy's white one. not sure i want to spend the cash though. it easy to walk away from and old 308 or jalpa if they blow up. my first house was less than the white C/T, so even at its "low" price, its still alot of cash.

good thing Woodside Credit has 8 year notes! i will have my Pantera done soon , but imagine this white QV wont be around for long.

i bet the cooler early morning air gives the car just a little more edge too !

:iamwithstupid:

Erik's post is on the money. Good point, how the car is not easy to drive. If you just jump in, and attempt to drive it, you will probably be appalled with the effort it requires. It all begins to make sense, just when the car begins to enter the fun zone. With some stick time, you will begin to stay ahead of the car. - It will soon become second nature.

:iamwithstupid:

Erik's post is on the money. Good point, how the car is not easy to drive. If you just jump in, and attempt to drive it, you will probably be appalled with the effort it requires. It all begins to make sense, just when the car begins to enter the fun zone. With some stick time, you will begin to stay ahead of the car. - It will soon become second nature.

+2

Even a BJ from a transexual prostitute?

Not from a transsexual prostitute.... But I cant see how that would be any different from a 20 year old, swimsuit model..... Which I am well versed in, at 70MPH on I-10 East in Palm Springs © 1992.

+2

+3

most write ups on ct from journalist were fairly unfavorable when it comes to interior. However, I dont think they have enough seat time to make that call. I think the car is actually pretty easy to drive. Driving a ct is more like having sex in that you learn how to do it... but you need some time to do it right... and of course practice makes perfect :icon_mrgreen:

+3

most write ups on ct from journalist were fairly unfavorable when it comes to interior. However, I dont think they have enough seat time to make that call. I think the car is actually pretty easy to drive. Driving a ct is more like having sex in that you learn how to do it... but you need some time to do it right... and of course practice makes perfect :icon_mrgreen:

At least Im good at driving a countach..... 1 out of 2 aint bad, right?

I know for a fact he would take 64K for it. Spoke to him today.

Has a recent PPI from LOH available as well.

Can I be informed on the subject PPI? What is it, how to get it done, and price? Price on this car start to be interesting..

Can anyone inform me on the real shape on the car? Use PM if you like.

Can I be informed on the subject PPI? What is it, how to get it done, and price? Price on this car start to be interesting..

Can anyone inform me on the real shape on the car? Use PM if you like.

A PPI is a Pre Purchase Inspection. It should not cost more than $500.00 US. You need to locate a reputable Lambo mechanic or shop to do one.

It looks like it is gone, I didn't think it would last long. Same seller is advertising to pick a down draft, your choice for 135k. Anyone know how the Lambos did at Russo & Steele?

Anyone know how the Lambos did at Russo & Steele?

$79,750.00 and $88,000.00 respectively.(From the Russo and Steele site)

I think the cars are worth way more than that. Perhaps the RHD LP400 stole some of the thunder?

At least Im good at driving a countach..... 1 out of 2 aint bad, right?

:icon_mrgreen:

Don't waste your time, putting an exotic in an auction. Auction results from typical affordable exotics, are just not that good.

Selling an exotic takes time and patience. It does not matter, if you run after a potential buyer, and press them to buy your car. If they want to buy your car, they will run after you. It is not like selling a two year old Ford Expedition, in the local newspaper. Be prepared to sit on the car, from six months to one year.

Sat for a while for $70.000, and did`nt sell. Wasnt it priced higher a while back?. Now at $65.000 it sold. The going rate for the moment? Anyone know of other cars sold lately, and what they actually changed hands for?

Hi Guys -

I bought this car the second I saw it on Ebay. I tried to get it off the dealers site but got no response. Then I saw it on Ebay and I bought it. It's on it's way to evansauto in Ohio for said work. I hope to get it in a few weeks. I'll post some pics when it arrives.

Cheers,

Chad

Hi Guys -

I bought this car the second I saw it on Ebay. I tried to get it off the dealers site but got no response. Then I saw it on Ebay and I bought it. It's on it's way to evansauto in Ohio for said work. I hope to get it in a few weeks. I'll post some pics when it arrives.

Cheers,

Chad

Congrats again on the car. Is everyone in SC named Chad?

CoNGRAtulations !!!!!!! :icon_mrgreen: :icon_super:

Countach = best Lamborghini ever :icon_pidu:

Evans does great work.......there was a lowbody S1 in SC i think....but it sold to some guy who doesn't

like wings I heard.

When I first got it, the ignition was on its last leg, and yeah.... THAT was scarey.... Especially on hot days with my boy in the car.... And that was part of the reason for the 20 Mile thing....

Once I fixed it, not a problem.... It should be getting tuned up as we speak, and I suspect it will be about as reliable as a 20 year old exotic car can be....

Knock on wood, I havent had any major issues so far except for the ignition which IMO every countach owner should go out, right now and CHANGE THEM, TO RAYMOND'S MSD UNIT..... The biggest regular expense on a CT is of course the CLUTCH, and from my experience, if you know how to drive, theyre JUST FINE.... BUT.... Im pretty easy on clutches.... Ive never had to change one in any car Ive owned (including the M3).

Also it took me a while to feel comfortable driving it.... Its not a car one can just hop in and "go" (which I think contributed to some of the negative magazine articles over the years)... You REALLY have to learn HOW to drive it, WHERE the blind spots are, How to turn, accelerate and brake or it can DEFINITELY kill you.... And QUICKLY.... The understeer is truly astonishing the first time you feel it..... Its precise, but if you give it too much, youre screwed!

Im also a bit more conservative in this area than many.... I dont drive a car hard until I KNOW EXACTLY what it will do.... Ive owned my M3 (recently named one of the 25 best cars of ALL TIME by AUTOMOBILE MAGAZINE :icon_mrgreen: ) for over 15 years now..... And thats the benchmark for me... I know what that car will do REGARDLESS of the conditions or the input I give it.... I feel like I drive that car by telekinesis.... There isnt a scenario I HAVENT faced in it, and that level of comfort in a car is something most people will never experience, simply because they wont ever own a particular car more than a few years or so.... Im just getting USED to a car at the time most peoples leases are up. So after two years of Countach ownership, I have a few more before Ill REALLY know what Im doing....

Also, I HATE driving the Countach (OR ANY CAR for that matter) in TRAFFIC.... And beyond twenty miles in L.A., that means driving in stop & go traffic, and if I have to do stop and go traffic, it'll be my Mercedes Land-Yacht with its 7 speed automatic, voice recognition surround sound stereo/dvd player, nut freezing A/C, and cupholders for my ice water, that the lambo lacks.

But Ive driven a lot more than 20 miles at a time..... My favorite is to get up early on weekend mornings when theres no traffic and its cool out and I can really have fun with it.... THATS what that car is all about....

I agree 100%

Sat for a while for $70.000, and did`nt sell. Wasnt it priced higher a while back?. Now at $65.000 it sold. The going rate for the moment? Anyone know of other cars sold lately, and what they actually changed hands for?

Mine sold for 96K, confirmed and delivered. I did very well.