94 se price info

christiann

Exactly. park it and look at it.

Try getting out of a late model lambo and get into an SV, tell me what you think then!

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wish I could put an exact number on where the market is right now. The last 94 SE I had in here was in June of 2006. Vehicle was purple with black, 6,500 km, perfect car with engine out and clutch service, sold for $165,000. That was a year ago, so not sure if that really helps.

Nick

That was Purple #25 of 30 and I bought that car. It had another engine out while I had it with some other work done as well and was Sold for much more than that.

The current owner resides HERE as well and the car now drives, sounds and handles even better now from what Ive read.

I put the value of the current Purple cars NOW somewhere at $210,000 - $230,000 They are drivers and also limited collectable and the drivers are in WAYYYYY BETTER SHAPE than the ones owners just look at!

I was just mentioning to the current owner that I kick myself in the ass for selling it... Just not many PRIME examples left in the SE30.

In the Diablo run....the best cars IMO were the 94 SE30, 99 SV and the 2001 last run of VT's

TH

Try getting out of a late model lambo and get into an SV, tell me what you think then!

I had both the Purple SE30 and a Silver 99' SV.

No doubt the 99' car got a LITTLE more comfortable in seat, pedal and steering position.... but not so much that it was day and night.

Both cars purpose was for pure SPORTING. Neither was really ment for all out comfort.

IMO apples to apples.....thats what I think.

TH

I had both the Purple SE30 and a Silver 99' SV.

No doubt the 99' car got a LITTLE more comfortable in seat, pedal and steering position.... but not so much that it was day and night.

Both cars purpose was for pure SPORTING. Neither was really ment for all out comfort.

IMO apples to apples.....thats what I think.

TH

After owning a 98 SV then moving to a 6.0 and a murci, about 6 months ago when I got another 98 SV all it did was make me long for the 6.0. After spending time with the newer interior, better seats, etc I wanted nothing to do with the pre 99 car. Thats just me, to me it feels as old as a CT.

I dont see the appeal of the SE. For U.S. cars they are not really lighter, the windows dont open, inmo, the wheels are hideous, and the brakes suck. For the same money you can get an SV, which is a much better car.

[/quote

The US cars are lighter, the SV's are a whole lot heavier, the SV is not near the same car and I have driven them both extensively, the brakes suck compared to modern cars, but I did managed to keep up wit a CGT and an SLR for an entire day in the canyons in Malibu. And yes, both drivers knew their cars, and we had all been on numerous Gumballs and Bullruns, so it was not like we were new to this.

Please don't crap on the SE, it is far more than most people think. I put 5000 miles on my F40 on road and track, and the SE is not far behind. It is hands above an SV or an Diablo derivative .

There is a reason no one is selling there's.

KP

its nice to know prices are higher....but honestly anyone who has one will not part with it regardless of its current value... So whats the point on pricing? If you offer someone who has one a price he or she doesnt like, chances are u are not getting it... Thats just simply you = demand.... supply = the limited cars stateside... Maybe someone can get a good deal, maybe not possible... but bottom line is that people have what they want and really that is what matters... And if someone prefers an sv over a se, thats because thats their choice... Ultimately, pricing is irrelevant at this point.... just make sure you know what u are getting into... enjoying it.... THATs the most important thing....

I wont swear up and down how good the se is . What I will say is this... its a match for me and I am happy with it...

the brakes suck compared to modern cars, but I did managed to keep up wit a CGT and an SLR for an entire day in the canyons in Malibu. And yes, both drivers knew their cars, and we had all been on numerous Gumballs and Bullruns, so it was not like we were new to this.

KP

Keith is right, I remember that day.

Kevin

301.JPG

Given = miles, past history / mechanical / cosmetic etc..., I do not see how a SE 30, is worth approx 75/100K over a Monterrey Edition SV. - A collectable Diablo, in it's own right.

Remember, it takes a special buyer who wants to buy a SE 30 !!!! Along the way, a lot of these special buyers, will also consider the SV and 6.0. (Quite a few buyers want a car in an exterior color other than purple or red) However a lot of the SV and 6.0 buyers, will not consider the SE 30. You are all hard-core Diablo enthusiasts, that want the relatively raw sport edition. A lot of Diablo buyers, are not willing to put up with the "Spartan" amenities of the SE 30.

Remember, it takes a special buyer who wants to buy a SE 30 !!!!

Exactly, that's why they will sell for more, because it also takes a special seller. The windows/interior/ground clearance is NOT a factor in the value of the SE30. Yes it will probably scare away some people looking for a "regular" Diablo, but those people wouldn't be interested in the car in the first place. Is the finish/interior/ground clearance on the F40 better? Not by a far strech. And there are over 1000 of them, yet they go for twice what an SE30 go for. Why? It's fast, but it looks dated, interior is aweful (no offence to anyone here that might have one :icon_mrgreen:) and the maintenance cost is huge.

The SE30 is rarer, almost as fast, way better looking, better interior, better finish and a lot cheaper to maintain. And cooler doors.

My point is that the value of cars like the SE30 and F40 isn't based on finish, windows, interior, ground clearance etc. It's simply a matter of demand and supply. You want one? Then you pay what it takes to pry it out of the owners hands.

Exactly, that's why they will sell for more, because it also takes a special seller. The windows/interior/ground clearance is NOT a factor in the value of the SE30. Yes it will probably scare away some people looking for a "regular" Diablo, but those people wouldn't be interested in the car in the first place. Is the finish/interior/ground clearance on the F40 better? Not by a far strech. And there are over 1000 of them, yet they go for twice what an SE30 go for. Why? It's fast, but it looks dated, interior is aweful (no offence to anyone here that might have one :icon_mrgreen:) and the maintenance cost is huge.

The SE30 is rarer, almost as fast, way better looking, better interior, better finish and a lot cheaper to maintain. And cooler doors.

My point is that the value of cars like the SE30 and F40 isn't based on finish, windows, interior, ground clearance etc. It's simply a matter of demand and supply. You want one? Then you pay what it takes to pry it out of the owners hands.

People are willing to pay more, for the Prancing Pony. :rant: :eusa_wall:

The F40 is a distinct halo legacy car. - Same with the 959.

The SE 30 is a lightly modified version of a Diablo. They built Diablo autos from 1991-2001. The F-40 and 959, were both huge technical statements for their time. Both the F-40 and 959 shared huge demand, hype, publicity and performance at the time they were marketed.

The cars were essentially unavailable through conventional dealers. The cars traded for several times their MSRP. The demand remains strong to this day. No Diablo ever had that kind of popularity.

The fit, finish, and paint of the Diablo autos, are much better, than a production F-40.

The F-40 and 959, were both huge technical statements for their time.

So was the SE30 imo. Extensive use of CF, magnesium wheels, traction control, adjustable rollbar, top speed over 330 km/h etc. In '94 this was extremely rare, but yes, it's "just" a modified Diablo.

Ferrari can put a prancing pony on bucket of shit, sell it for $100 and F-fags will pay $200.

After owning a 98 SV then moving to a 6.0 and a murci, about 6 months ago when I got another 98 SV all it did was make me long for the 6.0. After spending time with the newer interior, better seats, etc I wanted nothing to do with the pre 99 car. Thats just me, to me it feels as old as a CT.

Agreed. 110%

When moving into a 2006 Gallardo from a 94 SE30....well YES...Comparison was grapes and melons....

The newer cars...Gallardo, Murci and LP640 are not even close to the older diablos...nor should they be...technology advancements make the new ones even better.

I only answered your question of "get into a 99 from a later model (94' 30), and tell me what you think"

For a Diablo Lover....... the 94' SE30 and the 99'SV are the best of a raw breed.... IMO

TH

Please don't crap on the SE, it is far more than most people think. I put 5000 miles on my F40 on road and track, and the SE is not far behind. It is hands above an SV or an Diablo derivative .

Keith,

Can you please give us your thoughts on how a SE30 Jota might compare with a F40 on a track and in open road conditons?

Chris

In case you didn't know:

The SE30 is the best looking car ever.

Except Placid's, of course.

I too have driven the SE extensively. As I said, not my cup of tea, the small early brakes, and the windows kill it for me. Running through canyons with other drivers is not a big deal. Trust me, anyone in a CGT, knowing what they are doing, will DESTROY, not just the SE, but any Diablo. Again, inmo, give me a 6.0 or SV anyday.

A lot of trash talking on the SE and F40....

To some those two models are probably the *MOST* desirable cars either manufacturer has made in the last 20 years...apparently in this thread they are heavily outnumbered.

To everyone else, they're sh** because they don't have a Rolls Royce interior. :jack:

Or even better....they're sh** because they're not the fastest cars anymore, lol.

Amateurs :icon_mrgreen:

Ferrari can put a prancing pony on bucket of shit, sell it for $100 and F-fags will pay $200.

Agreed. This is true with a lot of their cars.

Lamborghini classic cars, have closed the gap quite well, over the last few years. With quite a few classic L model recent values, they have knocked the pony in the dirt, in a number of cases. Miura S, Miura SV, and LP 400 have all done much better than the F cars from the same time. A lot of the other classic L cars, have also done well. At one time, 20K or less would buy any classic L car around. - Not anymore :icon_mrgreen:

Yeah, it's why we all drive different cars. Everybody has different tastes. I'm not an SLR guy, I have friends like you who love them, but it's not my cup of tea.

Chris,

I have not driven a Jota car. The Jota was a 595 hp SE30. Without going into the technical details of the motor, the chassis and suspension were standard SE30. As you know, my car is set up very aggressive, camber, toe in, etc. so I'm basing my opinion on how mine handles. That being said, the F40 is a much better and faster track car. The Jota would need much more than 595hp to catch it. The chassis of the F40 is a much better platform for track use and it weighs considerably less. And if I still had my F40, I would update the turbos, ECU and outfit it with modern rubber, and the outcome wouldn't even be close. Both are great cars, but drive completely different.

Keith

Who really cares about speed... Nowadays there are so many cars that are comparable, more comfortable, and more well rounded. But that really defeats the purpose. The real purpose is to deliver a unique and fun experience to the owner/driver.. If you really want speed, please call Alex at sp with his arsenal of 800hp + cars that are fast, can be daily driven.., and super comfortable in comparison.. Some people might want a more comfortable experience, some are just in it for the occassional weekend romp... different people desire different things... And if you desire the se30, nothing is going to change ur mind.. and if you like something else... more power to u...

• 2 weeks later...

IMO the SE30 is a timeless car. It was the first super car I ever had an opportunity to ride in and I cannot express the feeling when that engine speeds up. My uncle managed to get the 26th one in the states :eusa_shhh:

He also ordered it with electric windows. Not sure if any others have this option. Any way, great car.

He also ordered it with electric windows. Not sure if any others have this option. Any way, great car.

Not a factory option AFAIK, but you could have it done later, like jtse30 did.

IMO the SE30 is a timeless car. It was the first super car I ever had an opportunity to ride in and I cannot express the feeling when that engine speeds up. My uncle managed to get the 26th one in the states :eusa_shhh:

What color is your uncle's SE30 and what number is it? (out of the 150)

-J

Not a factory option AFAIK, but you could have it done later, like jtse30 did.

He had got it like that directly from the factory. He is very connected in Italy (not sure if that has any relevance.)

My family has a few cars in the mille miglia and does some ferrari racing and time trial stuff. His wife bought him a brand new white diablo for his 50th birthday. Shortly after, he purchased the SE30 and used the white one for track duty. Now, he sold the white one and kept the SE30.

EDIT: It's #77

What color is your uncle's SE30 and what number is it? (out of the 150)

I just texted my cousin to find out the number. Heres a pic from when I was a lil guy :icon_mrgreen: FYI im in college now

55269918.jpg

-J