RyanRo24

• Replies 11.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Now look at the Mortal Combat themed "Babality - Finish Him" pic :icon_mrgreen:

I was dying over that too, but I felt bad about it at the same time.

post-679-1200615515_thumb.jpg

post-679-1200615534_thumb.jpg

post-679-1200615548_thumb.jpg

post-679-1200615559_thumb.jpg

post-679-1200615571_thumb.jpg

post-679-1200615583_thumb.jpg

There's 3 things I care about, my health, my financial status, and my social circle (including my family), defending a car from criticism isn't on that list, I was just making an observation based on facts.

Rotary technology didn't have the technical support in the US as it did in Japan, so when the slightest thing went wrong with an FD (like the pooping off of a vacuum hose), US techs would call in for a NEW MOTOR. This cost Mazda too much money and hence, the discontinued importation of the FD into the US. That's why the car got a bad rep for reliability, not because the engine had a tendency to simply BLOW UP for no reason.

These cars can be VERY reliable if they are tended to by someone who knows what they're doing, saying that they are pieces of shit, is like saying that the Supra's motor is unreliable when you push 100 psi of boost through the engine and it blows up.

There are two sides to every story my friend. :icon_thumleft:

Late replying on this one but.... BULLSHIT.

Absolutely not true that techs called for new motors for vacuum hoses coming off. "It can be reliable if tended to correctly" - you mean if you fix all the shit that's about to break before it breaks? The cars DO blow up with very low miles. Go on the FD list or the forums - they are known to be unreliable POS's, even by the people that own them and love them! If you get 50k miles out of an OEM motor and turbos, you're doing GREAT. 75k and you're god!

Sorry but RX-7's are the joke of the sports car world - the most unreliable POS sports car ever! They make Lotus' look like Toyotas in Comparison!

They make Lotus' look like Toyotas in Comparison!

There is a Toyota engine in all the new Lotus'. :icon_mrgreen:

Absolutely not true that techs called for new motors for vacuum hoses coming off.

There's this thing I do with people who aren't intelligent enough to have a conversation based on facts with, I leave them be.

So, you win, and I'm wrong.

But I also think you're an idiot, so I think it'll even out in the end.

There's this thing I do with people who aren't intelligent enough to have a conversation based on facts with, I leave them be.

So, you win, and I'm wrong.

But I also think you're an idiot, so I think it'll even out in the end.

A guy I race with owns the biggest Mazda/Toyota/Lexus dealer in this part of the country - his service manager comes along as do a few of his guys and they work on the owners car and the service managers Porsche. I spent many many hours in the pits talking to the service manager and the techs between races/laps over the course of some years. During those years I had 2 RX-7's and crashed one and sold one. So there was plenty of RX-7 talk. Not a single one of those techs nor the service manager had anything good to say about the cars in terms of reliability. They are notorious for popping engines and turbos. I also spent some years on the RX list and even the most deluded of owners know that they are not reliable cars and will pop a motor prematurely if driven hard and will pop a motor if not kept in a very good state of tune. I also have been a serious drag racer for years. I know guys who are heavy into the import scene as well as the car scene in general. RX's almost never come to the track because they just don't hold up. My company supplies parts to Adam Saruwatari (you may have heard of him) and I've talked to his guys at length too about RX's - and while they like them they even will admit that in stock form the cars just do not hold up to hard use and are temperamental.

Sorry but I have so much evidence that RX's are POS's that like to blow up, that no dude on the internet who says "no, *I* am right and if you dont believe me you dont know what you're talking about" is going to make me think otherwise, not in the face of my dealer friend who'se service manager has probably had thousands come through his shop and can't recall a less reliable engine, and my ownership experience, and the years I was on the RX list and saw the groups reaction and advice to guys looking to buy and the daily common problems with blown engines, and most especially talking to Adam S and what he and his guys feel about the stock car and how stout it is for hard use applications.

So feel free to come back with some sort of game beyond "no you are wrong" otherwise you are one of those guys who is in denial about what a total POS the RX-7 is in terms of reliability.

GOVERNMENT HEALTH WARNING

DO NOT SWALLOW YOUR CHEWING-GUM

=

post-9329-1201205961_thumb.jpeg

Sorry but RX-7's are the joke of the sports car world - the most unreliable POS sports car ever! They make Lotus' look like Toyotas in Comparison!

Hey, quit picking on the Lotus. :thefinger:

For years, Murders and Drug dealers have known about the power of the "Lion Slippers", this is a first for the public getting a chance to glimpse at where they get their power.

For years, Murders and Drug dealers have known about the power of the "Lion Slippers", this is a first for the public getting a chance to glimpse at where they get their power.

that is sure to make him a hit with the other inmates.

• 2 weeks later...
REMEMBER!!

When making a fake ID, attach a picture of yourself only...

no matter how much you love your girl.

post-80-1202484239_thumb.jpg

:shock: :lol2: :lol2: