Haters

Luxeous

I went to Lenox mall a while ago and there was some sport team there. Not sure which one. Anyways it seemed most of them were driving Bentley CGTs as there were quite a few of them at the valet stand. I'm in the Gallardo SL and get out of my car and one of the guys goes "That car is a piece of shit, it's the 'cheap model' I have the Murcielago", I told him "Good for you my Murcielago is in my garage, where is yours?" He didn't say anything else. What a dick though. I've found most people complement the car though and I try to complement them back in some way too. In most cases you get treated the way your treat other people so might as well be nice to everyone.

I've also used a variation of the LVEric line in reply to kit car comments. If they ask if it's a kit car I tell them "Yes I built it myself, just like my watch".

• Replies 604
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On a positive note, I had a car full of kids (maybe early 20's) stop me at a light and kept looking over. I had the top down on my Spyder and one of kids (with his girl friend next to him) yells out "Hey my girlfriend wants your number!" I just smiled and said "she needs to get in line." She was kind of cute though... :monkeyleft:

I went to Lenox mall a while ago and there was some sport team there. Not sure which one. Anyways it seemed most of them were driving Bentley CGTs as there were quite a few of them at the valet stand. I'm in the Gallardo SL and get out of my car and one of the guys goes "That car is a piece of shit, it's the 'cheap model' I have the Murcielago", I told him "Good for you my Murcielago is in my garage, where is yours?" He didn't say anything else. What a dick though. I've found most people complement the car though and I try to complement them back in some way too. In most cases you get treated the way your treat other people so might as well be nice to everyone.

I've also used a variation of the LVEric line in reply to kit car comments. If they ask if it's a kit car I tell them "Yes I built it myself, just like my watch".

:lol2:

Love the guy about the Murcielago :icon_thumleft:

Spoken like someone who has never owned, and most likely never will, a 640 or 430, or its economic equivalent.

:iamwithstupid:

I may not own a car more exotic than a Used Gallardo (who knows I"m just starting out on my career, but I'm glad I don't have to make my home in the loser Florida Panhandle. Try making it in South Florida or in Southern Cali or Manhattan etc and then get back to me.

Deam, you have a Viper, so what are you chiming in on? Get back to me when you buy an equivalent to a 640 or 430, then you may have a leg to stand on.

I may not own a car more exotic than a Used Gallardo (who knows I"m just starting out on my career, but I'm glad I don't have to make my home in the loser Florida Panhandle. Try making it in South Florida or in Southern Cali or Manhattan etc and then get back to me.

Deam, you have a Viper, so what are you chiming in on? Get back to me when you buy an equivalent to a 640 or 430, then you may have a leg to stand on.

Like I said before, quit armchair quarterbacking, go plunk down the money for one of those cars, then give us your educated opinion. Or STFU. Otherwise, you're just talking out of your ass just like your comments about the Panhandle. I used to live in South Florida, it wasn't for me. And I'm very familiar with Cali too, sport. Was just in Paso Robles last year with several mil of my own cash negotiating the purchase of some land for a future wine venture. The money to do things like that and buy multiple Lamborghinis? Investing in Florida Panhandle beachfront land selling at over $75,000 a linear foot undeveloped. So, tell me again, what did I lose by making a home in the Florida Panhandle? Thought so. Now go back to sitting behind the wheel of your mommy's Accord and pretending you're me. :icon_mrgreen:

Like I said before, quit armchair quarterbacking, go plunk down the money for one of those cars, then give us your educated opinion. Or STFU. Otherwise, you're just talking out of your ass just like your comments about the Panhandle. I used to live in South Florida, it wasn't for me. And I'm very familiar with Cali too, sport. Was just in Paso Robles last year with several mil of my own cash negotiating the purchase of some land for a future wine venture. The money to do things like that and buy multiple Lamborghinis? Investing in Florida Panhandle beachfront land selling at over $75,000 a linear foot undeveloped. So, tell me again, what did I lose by making a home in the Florida Panhandle? Thought so. Now go back to sitting behind the wheel of your mommy's Accord and pretending your me. :icon_mrgreen:

I do think that was a tremendous BURN.

Like I said before, quit armchair quarterbacking, go plunk down the money for one of those cars, then give us your educated opinion. Or STFU. Otherwise, you're just talking out of your ass just like your comments about the Panhandle. I used to live in South Florida, it wasn't for me. And I'm very familiar with Cali too, sport. Was just in Paso Robles last year with several mil of my own cash negotiating the purchase of some land for a future wine venture. The money to do things like that and buy multiple Lamborghinis? Investing in Florida Panhandle beachfront land selling at over $75,000 a linear foot undeveloped. So, tell me again, what did I lose by making a home in the Florida Panhandle? Thought so. Now go back to sitting behind the wheel of your mommy's Accord and pretending you're me. :icon_mrgreen:

Its great that you are so successful, honestly I am impressed with your business, and obviously you have good reason to be in the panhandle. True, you did burn me on that one. Anyway I'll just drop you a pm and go from there. I think I'm at least a different person than you believe me to be.

Its great that you are so successful, honestly I am impressed with your business, and obviously you have good reason to be in the panhandle. True, you did burn me on that one. Anyway I'll just drop you a pm and go from there. I think I'm at least a different person than you believe me to be.

No prob dude. I've tried the one space thing before. Unless I've got a buddy parked on either side running interference, then no way. Nothing like watching a soccer mom pull up in her Suburban and having her kids kick their doors out into your car. Then having her tell you that you shouldn't be driving such an expensive car if you're so worried about door dings. THEN watching her take pictures of her kids with your car.

Honestly guys, this may sound wierd but ever since I've owned my Murcie, 1-2 old friends of mine have just turned cold towards me. I ask myself if I said anything wrong to them but I am sure if I did I would know. It upsets me at times thinking that such old friends would act this way but the fact is that they just dont bother about me like they used to. I tell myself it's not worth getting upset over such people but I'm only human.

Here is a good one;

I was taking my daughter to ballet this morning and man, it's pretty tight with all the kids being dropped off. Anyhow, we park and I am getting her side door opened so she doesn't get run over by some moron driving thru the alley like an ahole and some middle age guy with a younger boy walks by. The kid is all crazy "look at that car dad!!". So the guy walks by and says," hey buddy, I'll trade my subaru for your car, how about it?"

I didn't want to be a dick, so the best I could come up with was "That's pretty funny, but most people are willing to trade their house for this car". Of course I was just kidding back. But the dude was all serious "I am not trading my house for that" and just kept walking.

I thought it was pretty funny.

01 diablo 6.0

No prob dude. I've tried the one space thing before. Unless I've got a buddy parked on either side running interference, then no way. Nothing like watching a soccer mom pull up in her Suburban and having her kids kick their doors out into your car. Then having her tell you that you shouldn't be driving such an expensive car if you're so worried about door dings. THEN watching her take pictures of her kids with your car.

Thanks beachbummed. I've seen the light. With an exotic I see why parking is a problem, especially that many people don't take responsibility for their actions or are haters around the exotic cars.

Honestly guys, this may sound wierd but ever since I've owned my Murcie, 1-2 old friends of mine have just turned cold towards me. I ask myself if I said anything wrong to them but I am sure if I did I would know. It upsets me at times thinking that such old friends would act this way but the fact is that they just dont bother about me like they used to. I tell myself it's not worth getting upset over such people but I'm only human.

Its called jealousy. Some people do that. Better to know now what their true colors are instead of finding out when you really need them.

Cheers

Thanks beachbummed. I've seen the light. With an exotic I see why parking is a problem, especially that many people don't take responsibility for their actions or are haters around the exotic cars.

After the airhead bitch door dinged my Murci (3 weeks after I bought the car) , I called the police to file a report. The watch sergeant told me there is nothing I can do and I should have had better insurance to cover a loss like this. She compared it to someone running a shopping cart into my car, as stupid as this sounds their is no comparison. A car has insurance, a shopping cart doesnt. After arguing with her for several minutes, I told her she was an idiot and hung up.

So if someone doors dings your car your out several hundred dollars and more importantly the time/hassle to repair it. I still have the dent. I have learned not to sweat door dings anymore but I am cautious where I park.

Ha, I saw someone mention the hater driving off with the gas pump in their car trying to not look. That was mine...

IMG_0080.jpg

I agree with what has been said about door dings and respecting peoples property. I JUST got an 08 Range Sport S/C'ed and some dude smashed in my back window while it was parked 2 nights ago. It was parked outside since I had no room in the garage. They didnt even steal anything, just did it out of spite. If thats not a hater I dont know what is.

Im realizing that there are lots of people who love the Lambo, but there are also so many guys with bruised ego's seeing someone be more successful.

Like I said before, quit armchair quarterbacking, go plunk down the money for one of those cars, then give us your educated opinion.

:icon_super: :lol2:

:icon_super: :lol2:

Hey queerbait I worked things out with beachbummed and admitted my mistake,

Now before you pretend you are in his league why don't you show something more than a viper. Can you afford a 430 or 640?

sameer you did nothing wrong at all, actually you did him a favor by giiving a chance to be your friend. he has gotton too jealous of you since you made it and he cant. its not your fault at all. time to get rid of them now that you found out thier true colors. remember that great movie "ENVY" starting ben stiller and jack black?

Here is a good one;

So the guy walks by and says," hey buddy, I'll trade my subaru for your car, how about it?"

01 diablo 6.0

When ever I get that one I usually reply (with the right kind of look and attitude that they do not take offense) that would take a bunch of those. :icon_mrgreen:

01 6.0 & 97 roadster

Its called jealousy. Some people do that. Better to know now what their true colors are instead of finding out when you really need them.

Cheers

Thats what my wife tells me to. In a way I'm glad, better to know now.

sameer you did nothing wrong at all, actually you did him a favor by giiving a chance to be your friend. he has gotton too jealous of you since you made it and he cant. its not your fault at all. time to get rid of them now that you found out thier true colors. remember that great movie "ENVY" starting ben stiller and jack black?

Not seen the movie but sure will pick it up mate. Sometimes it's no point being nice, people just take you for granted.

I also had a few friends who dont call anymore after the Murci purchase. Friends that we would speak/hang out every couple of weeks. It is human nature, they are envious of your success and it is also a reality check of lack of their success. It bothers them to see people who were at their same level financially, above them now.

One positive thing that came out of this scenario (as mentioned by a friend) was that my purchase has motivated many others to get off their ass and make something of themselves.

Someone on the board said fcuk everyone, you only have a few true friends. That turned out to be true.

I also had a few friends who dont call anymore after the Murci purchase. Friends that we would speak/hang out every couple of weeks. It is human nature, they are envious of your success and it is also a reality check of lack of their success. It bothers them to see people who were at their same level financially, above them now.

One positive thing that came out of this scenario (as mentioned by a friend) was that my purchase has motivated many others to get off their ass and make something of themselves.

Someone on the board said fcuk everyone, you only have a few true friends. That turned out to be true.

I totally agree with you. I dont know you guys but it makes me feel much better voicing out my opinion here knowing I'm not the only one.

You are so right, A few good friends i've met at at the lambo/ferrari meets really changed my motivation towards life in general, not only cars. It's a type of lifestyle to be able to enjoy these kinds of luxury's. Seeing people succeed, makes me want to work even harder!

this has turned out to be quite the thread, expectedly. last year's was mentioned and was also a kick. a few different aspects in play here do bring important points. One being, ok so people say things like "well if i had that kind of cash i wouldn't blow it on a car" etc.. yes they are attempting to rationalize to themselves that NOT owning one is actually better (because they think they never can own one), but more importantly, why is this even a concern of theirs? Society is hell bent on owning shit. Being rich. When i'm owner status, I think it'll be important to stress that the car is a passion, not an im better than you show piece. And two, yes these cars inspire people. Every time I see an exotic i get this feeling of great drive and motivation to achieve. I got it everyday when I interned in london and walked by the lambo dealership to work. It was like they were hanging out in the showroom saying "go work hard and think smart. we'll be here when you're ready". It was great.