Anyone know this diablo?

RANE2001

Wasn't that Ray G's car?

Yes I know this car. A very close friend of mine had it here in long Island New York prior to this current owner. Infact the second owner of this car was Charlie Sheen, who traded it in for a Mercedes sl because his girlfriend at the time did'nt like it. I know when he had it it was well taken care of. My friend had the centers of the original rims powder coated white.

You can PM for more further details,

Regards

Yes I know this car. A very close friend of mine had it here in long Island New York prior to this current owner. Infact the second owner of this car was Charlie Sheen, who traded it in for a Mercedes sl because his girlfriend at the time did'nt like it. I know when he had it it was well taken care of. My friend had the centers of the original rims powder coated white.

You can PM for more further details,

Regards

I just lost a lot or respect for Charlie...

Oscar De La Hoya had a white/red that sat at Lamborghini Beverly Hills forever back in the early-mid 90's. It was the only white/red I have seen.

Yes, it was my old car. Should be perfect now but Park Place in Bellevue, WA sold me the car knowing it needed a new clutch . They claimed the car was perfect but I tracked down the previous owner and he admitted trading to them with a toasted clutch. I had Lamborghini Boston install an Evans kevlar clutch. Also other new parts involved such as new flywheel, etc. Rebuilt transmission. Car runs very, very strong. I'm also having major service done to my Countach right now so I sold the Diablo to get something more modern for everyday driving.

On a side note I just joined one of those car clubs where you get the use of several cars. This will help me decide what I am going to get next. I've had a 360 spyder for the past three days. Next I'm going to drive a Murci and a Gallardo spyder. Since I bought and sold 8 cars last year this is a much less expensive alternative. Quite fun too!

dont see too many white over red ones.

Looks good if you can stomach the red.

That was the exact reason he sold it. It was his first Diablo and after about a year the red with white piping began to wear on him. If it was a black interior he probably would of kept it. It kind of dates the car. The black wheels gives it a newer look until you open the doors. I have a few pics of both our cars on the shore line by the beach mine being black made it a great shot.

That was the exact reason he sold it. It was his first Diablo and after about a year the red with white piping began to wear on him. If it was a black interior he probably would of kept it. It kind of dates the car. The black wheels gives it a newer look until you open the doors. I have a few pics of both our cars on the shore line by the beach mine being black made it a great shot.

I actually love the interior. Got a lot of complements on it too! There is a new Murcie picture out there somewhere with the same combo - very nice!

I don't see how the red makes it dated, I think a set of murci wheels on that car would make it a knockout.

I actually love the interior. Got a lot of complements on it too! There is a new Murcie picture out there somewhere with the same combo - very nice!

post-9296-1208874801_thumb.jpg

post-9296-1208874815_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

So for some odd reason I decided to google the VIN last night and a few threads popped up on here which I had not seen before I purchased the car (I am the Current owner). Not sure it would have swayed me but good to know anyways!

It saddens me to hear about these kinds of stories. Buying an exotic should be an exhilarating experience. Glad to hear that your car should be back together soon. Just put this small negative in the past & begin to enjoy all the positives that will come, once your car is in top notch condition, along with all the enjoyment you will get from driving/ownership.

Thanks! I did see the car on Monday. Wheels are supposed to be back from being powder coated this week and hopefully i'm heading to pick it up and drive it home end of the week!