ZR1 runs N-ring in 7:26!!!

Kisco

Again, they spent 2 weeks running the Ring, to compare their time, to a magazine editors time in another car, after a run or 2.

Every car manufacture is going to run their cars at the ring over and over again until they get the best time. This is common practice. You don't just go out there, run once, and call it a day.

That is an incredible time putting it ahead og the 997 GT2 and the CGT. ( I think this is the first mass producd vehicle to run faster than a CGT, no?)

Yeah, understood, but then you have to take Walter Rorhl out of the picture too don't you.

Every car manufacture is going to run their cars at the ring over and over again until they get the best time. This is common practice. You don't just go out there, run once, and call it a day.

That is an incredible time putting it ahead og the 997 GT2 and the CGT. ( I think this is the first mass producd vehicle to run faster than a CGT, no?)

997GT2 times and CGT times were not conducted by Porsche, they were done by automotive publications. You may think that it is common practice (for the corporations to go through this laborious process to get the best N Ring times), but it really isn't as common as you think. GM seems to be doing this more often than any other manufacturer, they did it with the Plastic mess-06, the CTS-V and now the ZR1. Porsche, Ferrari, Lambo, etc. have not really done this at the N Ring.

Just read the blog entry and it states that the lap time was acheived with a rolling start. Makes we wonder now how many of the posted N Ring times are standing start versus rolling start.

Most all runs are made from a rolling start from ANY manufacturer. Porsche had thier car ran by Walter Rorhl. I am sure you know who that is, if not, I will too you. He is is a German rally and auto racing driver, with victories for Fiat, Opel, Lancia and Audi as well as Porsche.

This ZR1 run was made by a GM TEST ENGINEER, w/o a pro driver, and head-wind. Stock suspension, stock tires, no tuning, stock everything as stated in the article.

The N-ring times speak for themselves, and any car that can out run a CGT on the N-ring deserves credit, MUCH credit!!

Most all runs are made from a rolling start from ANY manufacturer. Porsche had thier car ran by Walter Rorhl. I am sure you know who that is, if not, I will too you. He is is a German rally and auto racing driver, with victories for Fiat, Opel, Lancia and Audi as well as Porsche.

This ZR1 run was made by a GM TEST ENGINEER, w/o a pro driver, and head-wind. Stock suspension, stock tires, no tuning, stock everything as stated in the article.

The N-ring times speak for themselves, and any car that can out run a CGT on the N-ring deserves credit, MUCH credit!!

:iamwithstupid: Full Props to the ZR1 (im proud of the Americans)

I don't take away anything from GM, the ZR1 deserves credit for sure. However, GM does put a lot of effort into maxing out their N Ring times. They spend multiple days there, unlike magazine publications where they might do 4 or 5 laps at the most. N Ring times are not unlike any other published times. The car they used may well be "stock", but was it blueprinted from top to bottom? It will be interesting to see what the automotive publications acheive on the same track with the ZR1. My guess is there will be a huge gap in the times.

Just read the blog entry and it states that the lap time was acheived with a rolling start. Makes we wonder now how many of the posted N Ring times are standing start versus rolling start.

Congratulations for being the only person in the thread, Nima and Allan included, who didn't fail.

"ROLLING START"

End of discussion, not a valid time despite what any GM wonk or POS-fanboy says.

We'll revisit the topic when SportAuto tests the car under their set of repeated controls.

Fail2.jpg

I don't take away anything from GM, the ZR1 deserves credit for sure. However, GM does put a lot of effort into maxing out their N Ring times. They spend multiple days there, unlike magazine publications where they might do 4 or 5 laps at the most. N Ring times are not unlike any other published times. The car they used may well be "stock", but was it blueprinted from top to bottom? It will be interesting to see what the automotive publications acheive on the same track with the ZR1. My guess is there will be a huge gap in the times.

I doubt it. Jan Mangussen did 7:42:9 in a Plastic mess-06, SportAuto did 7:49. Six seconds on a 12 mile track seems fairly insignificant.

Jimmy

Congratulations for being the only person in the thread, Nima and Allan included, who didn't fail.

"ROLLING START"

End of discussion, not a valid time despite what any GM wonk or POS-fanboy says.

We'll revisit the topic when SportAuto tests the car under their set of repeated controls.

Haha, you are clueless. I will leave it at that because arguing with you is like arguing with a brick wall. It will go no where, fast.

"ROLLING START"

sportauto does a rolling start ;)

but, just because the article states the car is stock, doesnt make it so.

why cant people get it through their heads? we went over this with the Plastic mess-06, then the GTR, now the ZR1, and we will again for the GTR Vspec too, probably.

"ROLLING START"

Every video I have seen of people trying to get their best times on the N Ring have been flying laps. You cant get a true lap time from a standing start on a track. That wouldnt be a good measure of the potential of the car. If you watch the GT2 Walter Rohl video and all others they do the same thing.

Yes, Nring times are almost always rolling starts.

Nevertheless, of course the POS will be alot slower in magazine tester hands.

Not true. Ferrari/Lambo do not.

There will be, just as there was with the Plastic mess-06.

"ROLLING START"

I didnt fail... I never read the article. :icon_thumleft:

There will be, just as there was with the Plastic mess-06.

Wrong.

Jan Mangussen in Plastic mess-06 did 7:42.9

Sport Auto in Plastic mess-06 did 7:49

This equates to 1.3 MPH faster for a professional driver, hardly a huge gap.

Not true. Ferrari/Lambo do not.

Even if they dont, they will all be running flying laps. :icon_thumleft:

Wrong.

Jan Mangussen in Plastic mess-06 did 7:42.9

Sport Auto in Plastic mess-06 did 7:49

This equates to 1.3 MPH faster for a professional driver, hardly a huge gap.

It equates to 7 seconds slower, which is several seconds slower than the gallardo SL, or the Murcielago lp640, which were tested by the same driver. Yet Chevy claims to beat the 2.