SLR Speedster

capt_chaos

I don't think that's a Mercedes. There was a prototype car a year or two ago that has made it's way back into the limelight recently. Showed up at the Ring and may have even particapted in the 24h. I think this is the version that they want to produce, hence the camo.

Um, yeah, it is a Mercedes. SLR engine, slr headlights, slr wheels, and the big Mercedes badge in the middle of the grill kills it dead.

I don't think that's a Mercedes. There was a prototype car a year or two ago that has made it's way back into the limelight recently. Showed up at the Ring and may have even particapted in the 24h. I think this is the version that they want to produce, hence the camo.

What with what Chrislambo said and the youtube poster "claiming" it is in Woking (where the McLaren factory is) and then if you type into google SLR speedster you get loads of results posted on automotive pages today do you still want to follow that stance?

the camo is just an obvious disguise attempt that all these "SPY" cars are clad in...

without the roof, i think the SLR's body line's are totally destroyed!

even though the car is a BRUTALLY fast car, the great part about the SLR is that it had great feminine body lines... and hack off the roof, and you got this wierd looking thing....

but the speedster sorta looks like it would be a fun RACE car.... no passenger seat, just you!

Hmmm. Guess it is in fact an SLR.

I thought it would have been this

http://www.topgear.com/content/news/stories/2832/

In any case. Pretty retarded. I'll stick with an SLR Roadster if I need the top down.

Does this look retarded?

http://dhost.info/thesupercars/supercars/m...r/55300slr.html

I think it is great, what with the current fiscal climate, car restrictions on safety and emissions it take a very brave company to produce a sportscar with a good nod to its heritage. Lambo should have produced the Miura concept and not the Revention and I am bloody glad that McMerc are looking at this. Big kudos to them.

I do believe it will be a harkening back to this car.

post-8211-1215135791_thumb.jpg

Does this look retarded?

http://dhost.info/thesupercars/supercars/m...r/55300slr.html

I think it is great, what with the current fiscal climate, car restrictions on safety and emissions it take a very brave company to produce a sportscar with a good nod to its heritage. Lambo should have produced the Miura concept and not the Revention and I am bloody glad that McMerc are looking at this. Big kudos to them.

No, but it's not that. It's like asking if a new Mustang with a GT500 option looks as good as the original GT500. It doesn't and it just isn't the same. New cars modeled after old ones just don't do it for me. Get an original or a replica.

I have one on order assuming it makes it to NA.It does have a passenger seat that will be covered by a CF piece that recesses in the front dash from i hear and also from hearsay it seems the same will be for the driver's side.Also,the windshield is about 4 inches high so the driver will probably need goggles to drive the car.

75 units will be made on the slr chassis and the car will be priced at 750000euros.Mclaren will also presonalize the car to the owner .

So far so good

I have one on order assuming it makes it to NA.It does have a passenger seat that will be covered by a CF piece that recesses in the front dash from i hear and also from hearsay it seems the same will be for the driver's side.Also,the windshield is about 4 inches high so the driver will probably need goggles to drive the car.

75 units will be made on the slr chassis and the car will be priced at 750000euros.Mclaren will also presonalize the car to the owner .

So far so good

Amazing! Good luck, you have a great collection.

Congrats BMWRACER! How is your 722? How many miles are on it and have there been any issues at all? I assume everything is getting better with the more miles you throw on it?

Congrats BMWRACER! How is your 722? How many miles are on it and have there been any issues at all? I assume everything is getting better with the more miles you throw on it?

13000km and no issues except that i have used up a set of pads already and it looks like the rotors are shot.

So far so good

goggles?! :lol2: thats almost as bad as Dwiggs' lambo suit :icon_mrgreen:

• 4 weeks later...

that rendering is Jon Sibal's interpretation of what he thinks the speedster will look like, using the camo'd spyshot as a template. He was pretty damn spot on with his rendering of the SL65 AMG black series!

his rendering of the black series, before official pictures were released: http://jonsibal.deviantart.com/art/SL65-AM...Series-85470522

Very talented artist, and he is a huge car enthusiast as well.

I really hope it makes production, and that the number stay very low...the speedster adds an air of impraticallity that i feel the SLR could use.