turbo murcielago

Steve K

guys

is doug levins the only tuner that does a TT kit on the murci ?

from what i understand its at an astronomical price of $80+ grand..

it only gives the car anotehr 200-250 hp , so what the hell would justify the cost ?

can anyone tell me exactly what goes into the kit because im ignorant on this subject..

i would hope for 80 grand youre getting a rebuilt tranny, fully built engine.. etc etc

also, how come theres only 1 tt murci, while there are several tt gallardos ?

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

guys

is doug levins the only tuner that does a TT kit on the murci ?

from what i understand its at an astronomical price of $80+ grand..

it only gives the car anotehr 200-250 hp , so what the hell would justify the cost ?

can anyone tell me exactly what goes into the kit because im ignorant on this subject..

i would hope for 80 grand youre getting a rebuilt tranny, fully built engine.. etc etc

also, how come theres only 1 tt murci, while there are several tt gallardos ?

Hello Steve,

By way of introduction, Doug Levin here :)

There is more than one TT Murcie built by Doug Levin Motorsports and it they were not priced at $80K ea. We also have others under construction as we speak and the cost is more or less.

Naturally, when you build "one-offs" they certainly cost a significant amount more.

The amount of cost is contingent upon the power increase and components used to construct the package.

I hope you can understand and respect the amount of costs, man hours, that went into the original construction of our first Twin Turbo Murcielago and the sacrifices endured to build the car.

Also Steve, when we have fabricate our own parts the cost is much higher than grabbing a part of the shelf that has already been done.

Already, I'm finding a way to lower our costs without cheapening our standards and I don't want to associate our TT modification as a "cheap" add-on.

I wouldn't recommend to do it, but the power increase we've obtained on our TT Murcie can actually double the base horsepower, hence, it's not just another 200 or so hp increase....We are still in unknown territory, so "conservative" will suffice for the present.

I've been considering making a TT Murcielago system that could be installed by other shops. Would you mind sharing your thoughts about that?

I really appreciate your comments and thank you for your time reading my response.

Best regards,

Doug Levin

I read somewhere, I think it was in Motorweek a few months ago when they had that group test with the TT G and the F-GT Turbo.

They mentioned that Heffner was building a quad turbo Murci.

Haven't heard anything since though.

Hello Steve,

By way of introduction, Doug Levin here :)

There is more than one TT Murcie built by Doug Levin Motorsports and it they were not priced at $80K ea. We also have others under construction as we speak and the cost is more or less.

Naturally, when you build "one-offs" they certainly cost a significant amount more.

The amount of cost is contingent upon the power increase and components used to construct the package.

I hope you can understand and respect the amount of costs, man hours, that went into the original construction of our first Twin Turbo Murcielago and the sacrifices endured to build the car.

Also Steve, when we have fabricate our own parts the cost is much higher than grabbing a part of the shelf that has already been done.

Already, I'm finding a way to lower our costs without cheapening our standards and I don't want to associate our TT modification as a "cheap" add-on.

I wouldn't recommend to do it, but the power increase we've obtained on our TT Murcie can actually double the base horsepower, hence, it's not just another 200 or so hp increase....We are still in unknown territory, so "conservative" will suffice for the present.

I've been considering making a TT Murcielago system that could be installed by other shops. Would you mind sharing your thoughts about that?

I really appreciate your comments and thank you for your time reading my response.

Best regards,

Doug Levin

Doug, Have you made any differential gearing for the Murcie so the gears are not as tall? If yes I am interested! Also considering making my Murcie 2 wheel drive - have you done this before?

doug

completely understood !

i dont have a murcielago at the moment

however, in the near future , when i do get one, i look forward to doing FI , but at a certain cost

let me ask you...

would you be able to make a kit , that runs relatively low boost, so that the internals can stay in tact ?

for example , a kit with bolt on turbo's , tuning, and whatever else is necessary (clutch aswell i assume) , and give the car another.... 100-150 AWHP ?

is that something that the engine/tranny can handle or does it still have to be upgraded.. .

also, lets say you set the ECU to limit boost in 1st and 2nd gear, so as not to put too much stress on the drive train..

is something like this possible ?

thank you for your response by the way

Steve,

I'm sure Doug can make a kit that is a bolt on to produce another 100-150 hp but off course there will be a higher risk of wear and tear. Yo umight as well go all the way and have your engine rebuilt for coping with the twin turbo. There are many boost controllers out there and different sort of ECU's with many variations of tuning. Surely the boost can be limited int he first few gears. I know cause I did this ages ago with my WRX which had the Motec ECU installed.

My forced induction experience is with Japanese sport cars ( please don't hold that against me....I'm a nice person...really) , however I believe there are some universal "truths" that can be applied:

A "built block" ( consists of at minimum pistons/rods/valves) with a forced induction system will be safer for the engine than a stock block.

To be effective a forced induction system should at the minimum include an engine management system, an improved fuel delivery system, an upgraded clutch & possibly a flywheel.

Tuning is crucial to a well running set-up.

If these are successfully followed the car should perform reliably for a long time.

Totally off topic but one thing ive always loved about this forum is how the actual tuners themselves come on here to answer the questions and add a personal touch to the whole experience!!

Totally off topic but one thing ive always loved about this forum is how the actual tuners themselves come on here to answer the questions and add a personal touch to the whole experience!!

I totally agree with you, I have learned a lot from here and am still learning

When you get something from Doug Levin you are getting service and the end product. Doug has been known to be one of the best tuners out there and his products are top notch. If you ever saw some of his work you would understand his is built to last. No short cuts are taken. Keep up the great engineering work Doug!

When you get something from Doug Levin you are getting service and the end product. Doug has been known to be one of the best tuners out there and his products are top notch. If you ever saw some of his work you would understand his is built to last. No short cuts are taken. Keep up the great engineering work Doug!

Doug is an awesome dude and tuner too! I remember the first time I met him just after his Viper saw my Little RS Americas Taillights to over 180mph on the Sawgrass Expwy. :downtown:

Doug is an awesome dude and tuner too! I remember the first time I met him just after his Viper saw my Little RS Americas Taillights to over 180mph on the Sawgrass Expwy. :downtown:

You RS America beat his Viper to 180?! What all did you have done to it?

You RS America beat his Viper to 180?! What all did you have done to it?

:iamwithstupid: May be off topic, but inquiring minds want to know.

Doug must have been parked on the side of the road when Allan did his ricer flyby...LOL! :icon_mrgreen:

Doug must have been parked on the side of the road when Allan did his ricer flyby...LOL! :icon_mrgreen:

Not in this RS. not to mention it was a FAKE RS. Actually a little old 911SC..... :icon_mrgreen:

Not in this RS. not to mention it was a FAKE RS. Actually a little old 911SC..... :icon_mrgreen:

:eusa_think: Hmm...spill it Allan..what did it have?

:eusa_think: Hmm...spill it Allan..what did it have?

Ill tell you what it weighed.. WET 2400lbs...... and it had a BIG blowdryer.. and in its day it never lost to ANYTHING.. car or bike.

would you be able to make a kit , that runs relatively low boost, so that the internals can stay in tact ?

my guess is with 150 hp you won't have any problems

the LP640 in stock euro form gives 100hp over the 6.2 murcie : 650-660 Vs 560-570 (flywheel numbers from factory dyno!)

have DLM or any other tuner turboed an LP640 yet?

Not that I have heard of. I seriously doubt so.

I heard about that RS America, alot of rumors going around in SOFL about that car.

Whats sad is the guy I sold it to, took it appart, and has never put it back together ...... in like 12 years! :crybaby2:

I had a second car, a silver widebody 930, and I believe that is still around.

Whats sad is the guy I sold it to, took it appart, and has never put it back together ...... in like 12 years! :crybaby2:

I had a second car, a silver widebody 930, and I believe that is still around.

yeah, Johnny told me about that car..