the LP400 Spider "Al Mardikian"

a007apl

Looks incredible. However I've heard that it has integrity issues with the frame after cutting the roof off. Nice find and write up never the less. Thanks Vic

as far as I know there was more than one...in fact a couple years ago I sort of ran into one in the San Fran east bay area. It went for a ridiculously low price and was financed!!! to a local guy in Walnut Creek, CA from a friend of mine. Not sure what happened, but it was a restoration project in parts I believe.

Wonder if the Ferrari still exist?

I've still got that same brochure. I used to stare at that picture dreaming of the day I'd be a rock star and driving one. I always wondered what happened to it. It was advertised as a twin-turbo in the brochure (as was the 512BB), so I'm a little disappointed to find out it's not, but that car, to me, would still be the ultimate CT. Someone in Europe please call them to find out what they are asking.

Abortion.

Looks like they did a nice job with it, I just can't see it being worth more than if it was never

changed. Plus, I never remember anyone talking about it possibly not existing any longer like they

say in the write up. Very interesting and it will be great to see where it ends up.

Looks like they did a nice job with it, I just can't see it being worth more than if it was never

changed. Plus, I never remember anyone talking about it possibly not existing any longer like they

say in the write up. Very interesting and it will be great to see where it ends up.

guys:

do you want to know the asking? :rolleyes:

helllllllllll yeahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh :icon_mrgreen:

:shock: :eusa_think: :tyson: :tyson:

I bet on 500K€ :icon_thumleft:

you are close Smurf :icon_thumleft:

some more but not so far away.....closer to 600k euro though

sure is a pretty famous car and i remember pics of it in many mags and books but, as you can read in the ad, this is not born as targa neither chopped at S. #### later

it must be said you could still find an LP for 300k euro or an S1 for 190k euro more or less so you really have to love the Markidian car

you are close Smurf :icon_thumleft:

some more but not so far away.....closer to 600k euro though

sure is a pretty famous car and i remember pics of it in many mags and books but, as you can read in the ad, this is not born as targa neither chopped at S. #### later

it must be said you could still find an LP for 300k euro or an S1 for 190k euro more or less so you really have to love the Markidian car

are we shure the car is based on an PL400? do we have a VIN number?

i have a hard time imagine paying 600k€ for that car...however this is the best time to ask for outrageous prices for Lamborghinis...people are paying crazy prices for some Lamb models ...my guess though is that the Markidian car will stay @autodromme for some time...

...I will be there nex week, i will try to talk with a friend to see if it is possible to go and see the car...

are we shure the car is based on an PL400? do we have a VIN number?

i have a hard time imagine paying 600k€ for that car...however this is the best time to ask for outrageous prices for Lamborghinis...people are paying crazy prices for some Lamb models ...my guess though is that the Markidian car will stay @autodromme for some time...

...I will be there nex week, i will try to talk with a friend to see if it is possible to go and see the car...

ad say 1120262 (late LP VIN)

we are pretty much sure and you can see the peculiar and not factory wheelarch extensions (more there are some features proper to LP or few S cars only like SW gauges, LP steering wheel and seat belts ...)

i am not sure though this car is the same pictured in the period pic ad

as lp400s said the roof is flat on the Autodrome car and the wing is a later one....still both things could have been done

as i said with this money you can buy an LP and a serie uno cars and still have some 100k euro left..... :rolleyes:

ad say 1120262 (late LP VIN)

we are pretty much sure and you can see the peculiar and not factory wheelarch extensions (more there are some features proper to LP or few S cars only like SW gauges, LP steering wheel and seat belts ...)

i am not sure though this car is the same pictured in the period pic ad

as lp400s said the roof is flat on the Autodrome car and the wing is a later one....still both things could have been done

as i said with this money you can buy an LP and a serie uno cars and still have some 100k euro left..... :rolleyes:

I think the wheel arches are the factory ones. They've just been fiberglassed into the body to smooth them out. I actually like the look better than the tacked on look of the factory S's. It's probably my favorite CT, but no way is it worth anywhere near 600k Euro. At best, it is worth the same as a regular LP400, if that's what it's based on, just like Daytona spyder conversions aren't worth much if any more than a regular Daytona coupe. People want original cars today. Besides, it's not like Mardikian was anybody important. He was just an importer that, according to what little I found about him on the web, went to prison for fudging the federalization. Now if Bob Wallace had started making CT spyders when he opened up shop here in Phoenix, then maybe they would be worth a premium.

I think the wheel arches are the factory ones. They've just been fiberglassed into the body to smooth them out. I actually like the look better than the tacked on look of the factory S's. It's probably my favorite CT, but no way is it worth anywhere near 600k Euro. At best, it is worth the same as a regular LP400, if that's what it's based on, just like Daytona spyder conversions aren't worth much if any more than a regular Daytona coupe. People want original cars today. Besides, it's not like Mardikian was anybody important. He was just an importer that, according to what little I found about him on the web, went to prison for fudging the federalization. Now if Bob Wallace had started making CT spyders when he opened up shop here in Phoenix, then maybe they would be worth a premium.

To put things in perspective I would say the Markidian car is worth more than the Kashoghi car which went for $450K about. If this is the one from the well known add, then it is worth $500K. Remember this car has had the engine preped and has the right wheels for it. That car should run faster than a DD QV.

Anybody near Cannes that coould check this out? We speak French if needs be to share some impressions.

I've still got that same brochure. I used to stare at that picture dreaming of the day I'd be a rock star and driving one. I always wondered what happened to it. It was advertised as a twin-turbo in the brochure (as was the 512BB), so I'm a little disappointed to find out it's not, but that car, to me, would still be the ultimate CT. Someone in Europe please call them to find out what they are asking.

+1

I still have that magazine where they tested the Boxer's against the CT. I have to dig it out now.

• 4 weeks later...