Who wants an LP560 front bumper?

Allan-Herbie

I have been promised for weeks now the shipment and tracking number!!?? NOTHING happens, if i would have treated my customers like this i would have been OUT of business!. PLEASE get back to me ASAP, i tried PM but no respons.

I believe Hershel left his cell phone number in this thread for anyone who needs to get in touch with him. Did you try that?

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have been promised for weeks now the shipment and tracking number!!?? NOTHING happens, if i would have treated my customers like this i would have been OUT of business!. PLEASE get back to me ASAP, i tried PM but no respons.

You have PM

You have PM

Pikemike, yes... but i have put my pm´s in here becouse the whole thing starts to get to my nervs.

this is the answers that i have been recieved.

PM Recieved may 12th

it is leaving tomorrow, typical delivery times are 2-4 days

I will send you a tracking # Thursday morning

All the Best

Hershel Zelcer

PM Recieved may 19th

Hello Daniel

Your Bumper finally consolidated this morning.. you should have a tracking # in 24 hours

Thank you for your patience

Now its may 28th and nothing whatsoever has been recieved, either tracking number or bumber.

If i wouldnt have seen picture of people actually having recieved the bumber then i would have thought that this was a scam.

Regards

Daniel

In all fairness, I think RSC did quite a good job on the bumper; not perfect nor flawless but very good. Considering the costs of the initial batch (at least we were told that price will go up on subsequent productions), it is not bad at all.

To achieve near perfection, a lot of prep work is required as the bumper came "raw" (Hersh did say that before). But this isn't much different from an OEM piece either. I did have a close look on a few LP560's and the hood gaps on those are not consistent. (It is afterall, a mostly hand-built car.) So perhaps RSC's original mould was not 100% perfect but no one can assure that before hand. The mounting points can be fine-tuned as can the hood itself: a not-too-challenging job for a bodyshop that has the expertise. And patience is required from both the installer and the owner: as long as one is willing to take the time to adjust while the other is willing to wait. All will be fine.

A good example which the owner himself can experiment and experience with OEM parts on the install challenges is aligning the headlamp washer covers. Each is secured by 2 bolts with 4 metal plates as shims. Try aligning that with the headlamp and the hood and at a perfectly flush level (yes, it involves X, Y & Z axis) while ensuring proper deployment when the washers are activated. I have yet to see one G that have a perfectly aligned pair of washer covers. Maybe that's why the LP560 did them away with the new headlamp design? And don't say I didn't warn you on accidentally dropping those shim pieces onto the inside of the bumper.

As afore-said, the product is not perfect. I don't like the supplied front grilles and removing the whole piece for the tow hook is just not a wise design. And who knows how they will look when they are chipped (which will be likely). OEM LP560 grilles should be a wiser choice. The side grilles are ok but mounting them also requires patience. The CF weave pattern on the centre piece is very good (at least mine is) but tighter tolerance on the fit to the bumper would be preferred. The rest can only be revealed through time: possible wrapping, very small traces of bubbling (typical of products using this kind of material). And although nothing has been damage through shipping, the piece could have been better and more properly wrapped as well.

The major let down was the timing and the logistics. Hersh definitely needs to reconsider his concept of time or at least his communication of shipment's ETD/ETA in a much more accurate manner. As for now, the glossary defines as follow: "yesterday" = at least 3 days from today; "Thursday (or whichever day)" = not the immediate Thursday but Thursday of next week...if you are lucky; "shipment tracking number" = the winning number of the lottery (i.e. it's out there, just that you ain't got it). :icon_mrgreen: To be fair, not a scam; it will come...just not at the promised time.

All in all, it's a very good product at a relatively fair price and Hersh did deliver on what he promised. As to why? For me, a real first hand look at the Gallardo Concept S pointed the way where subsequent bumper designs would be heading. And despite the superior technology on the LP560 headlamps, the perfect combination remains pairing the original longer slimmer Gallardo headlamps with the LP560 bumper. Lastly, the Superleggera being the wildest of the Gallardo's, has styling revisions everywhere except its nose (basically a carry-over from the SE design) it's only apt to give it a new more aggressive front end. (Pics to come.)

So, many months later with 51 pages & 1000+ posts on this thread (with all the ups & downs); from concept to reality; I must ask what seems so obvious ---- Allan, who started this thread, where is your LP560 front bumper? :)

Allan, who started this thread, where is your LP560 front bumper? :)

Allan knows what's up... He's keepin' it real. heh :)

...i would have thought that this was a scam.

Regards

Daniel

Rest assured Daniel there is no scam going on here. Herschel is a sponsor and a well respected member of the LP community so put your mind at ease.

In all fairness, I think RSC did quite a good job on the bumper; not perfect nor flawless but very good. Considering the costs of the initial batch (at least we were told that price will go up on subsequent productions), it is not bad at all.

To achieve near perfection, a lot of prep work is required as the bumper came "raw" (Hersh did say that before). But this isn't much different from an OEM piece either. I did have a close look on a few LP560's and the hood gaps on those are not consistent. (It is afterall, a mostly hand-built car.) So perhaps RSC's original mould was not 100% perfect but no one can assure that before hand. The mounting points can be fine-tuned as can the hood itself: a not-too-challenging job for a bodyshop that has the expertise. And patience is required from both the installer and the owner: as long as one is willing to take the time to adjust while the other is willing to wait. All will be fine.

A good example which the owner himself can experiment and experience with OEM parts on the install challenges is aligning the headlamp washer covers. Each is secured by 2 bolts with 4 metal plates as shims. Try aligning that with the headlamp and the hood and at a perfectly flush level (yes, it involves X, Y & Z axis) while ensuring proper deployment when the washers are activated. I have yet to see one G that have a perfectly aligned pair of washer covers. Maybe that's why the LP560 did them away with the new headlamp design? And don't say I didn't warn you on accidentally dropping those shim pieces onto the inside of the bumper.

As afore-said, the product is not perfect. I don't like the supplied front grilles and removing the whole piece for the tow hook is just not a wise design. And who knows how they will look when they are chipped (which will be likely). OEM LP560 grilles should be a wiser choice. The side grilles are ok but mounting them also requires patience. The CF weave pattern on the centre piece is very good (at least mine is) but tighter tolerance on the fit to the bumper would be preferred. The rest can only be revealed through time: possible wrapping, very small traces of bubbling (typical of products using this kind of material). And although nothing has been damage through shipping, the piece could have been better and more properly wrapped as well.

The major let down was the timing and the logistics. Hersh definitely needs to reconsider his concept of time or at least his communication of shipment's ETD/ETA in a much more accurate manner. As for now, the glossary defines as follow: "yesterday" = at least 3 days from today; "Thursday (or whichever day)" = not the immediate Thursday but Thursday of next week...if you are lucky; "shipment tracking number" = the winning number of the lottery (i.e. it's out there, just that you ain't got it). :icon_mrgreen: To be fair, not a scam; it will come...just not at the promised time.

All in all, it's a very good product at a relatively fair price and Hersh did deliver on what he promised. As to why? For me, a real first hand look at the Gallardo Concept S pointed the way where subsequent bumper designs would be heading. And despite the superior technology on the LP560 headlamps, the perfect combination remains pairing the original longer slimmer Gallardo headlamps with the LP560 bumper. Lastly, the Superleggera being the wildest of the Gallardo's, has styling revisions everywhere except its nose (basically a carry-over from the SE design) it's only apt to give it a new more aggressive front end. (Pics to come.)

So, many months later with 51 pages & 1000+ posts on this thread (with all the ups & downs); from concept to reality; I must ask what seems so obvious ---- Allan, who started this thread, where is your LP560 front bumper? :)

Dude! I dont even know where my car is! Let alone my bumper!!!! :eusa_think: :eusa_dance:

I think it's a neat part and a nice upgrade to older G owners who want to update their cars to look like the latest model. That said - you pay a price for using an aftermarket part.

I think a good body shop can refinish the part to match OEM specs. If you aren't a cheap-ass and are willing to pay the price.

All you cheap-asses out there, just leave the thing stock and spend more time worrying about the next 164 payments.

if i would have treated my customers like this i would have been OUT of business!.

Well, not everyone is in your COMMON WIDGET business.

If you don't like the service, go down the street to the corner and pick up one from one of his competitors. Because aftermarket bumpers for Gallardo's are just such a common business these days.

slowpoke, your car is insane! love it!!

I guess you gave me serious Blue Balls about what you were sending me ;) I guess I'll have to find a custom set on the internet ;(

some of our friends many time zones away have taken me up on the offer (sometimes at 3am lol)

I feel 'pointed at' :icon_mrgreen: :icon_butt:

We have some cool products in the pipeline so stay tuned..

Hurry up big guy, summer is short! :icon_thumleft:

slowpoke, your car is insane! love it!!

I guess you gave me serious Blue Balls about what you were sending me ;) I guess I'll have to find a custom set on the internet ;(

Thanks and right back at cha SuperG brotha :icon_mrgreen:

If I have to fly them in I will, trust me! I will give it a third attempt buddy, I'll let you know more via email from work but I need you to decide which one you want the most, talk to you there!

Thanks and right back at cha SuperG brotha :icon_mrgreen:

If I have to fly them in I will, trust me! I will give it a third attempt buddy, I'll let you know more via email from work but I need you to decide which one you want the most, talk to you there!

thanks Buddy! Didn't you however use a company the second go around that gave you a tracking #?

I have GoldRush next Thursday so wanted to get that before then ;(

I'll look for your email!

thanks again.

As far as Al's new english to hershel Dictionary LOL... again we tried to manage some of the hurdles associated with many aspects of this project, We felt we had a ready product in December only to have to major issues crop up as we were going to production,Last thing I wanted to do is rush a product like this out, I have witnessed many companies in my years try and rush execution and almost everytime end up putting out a sub par product. No one wins in this case, So when we put our most optomistic predictions together regarding production times I sometime missed the mark on timeline and logistics, I think those that know me understand where my intent was regarding some of the issues, so while Al's tongue and cheeck translations may have held some truth they are by no means law. (thankfully).

:icon_mrgreen: :D :lol:

Tongue in cheek & all done in good spirit Hersh. These things happen; better a late yet good piece than a lousy piece.

Allan...okee...let us know when you've found it. :) :rolleyes:

thanks Buddy! Didn't you however use a company the second go around that gave you a tracking #?

I have GoldRush next Thursday so wanted to get that before then ;(

I'll look for your email!

thanks again.

Yupp, my secretary is in Rhodos, Greece this week, maybe I should fire her? :eusa_think:

Check your email!

bottom line is, the bumper is hands down the best mod for any G car! just make sure you use a reputable body shop for the install and you will be very happy :)

hersh made this whole thing happen for us, so we should all be very grateful..

"All you cheap-asses out there, just leave the thing stock and spend more time worrying about the next 164 payments"

Who makes payments.. I dont! The bumper looks good...

Well, not everyone is in your COMMON WIDGET business.

If you don't like the service, go down the street to the corner and pick up one from one of his competitors. Because aftermarket bumpers for Gallardo's are just such a common business these days.

What do you mean with "Common widget" business????????

i dont know how you would like to be treated when doing business with people, but for me, this is not ok.

"All you cheap-asses out there, just leave the thing stock and spend more time worrying about the next 164 payments"

Who makes payments.. I dont! The bumper looks good...

Take Doubles comments with a grain of salt.. He hasnt owned a Lambo in years.. And yes, before you asked... my shits payed for.