Who wants an LP560 front bumper?

Allan-Herbie

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I want this piece but I don't think it will look too much different on a black car.. For other colors it really distracts from the original piece.. What do you think? Any black G owners considering this new bumper?

jkn6fcuemml17ma6q21fkqbce0.jpg

img2630iu0.jpg

I want this piece but I don't think it will look too much different on a black car.. For other colors it really distracts from the original piece.. What do you think? Any black G owners considering this new bumper?

img2630iu0.jpg

I think it looks great!

img2630iu0.jpg

All I know is that bottom black G is gorgeous! :icon_mrgreen:

I got a black car and ordered the bumper.

:iamwithstupid: It's still noticeably more aggressive. The only difference is you lose the contrast with the black cf insert, but that's not a big deal IMO. I'm sure there are people who would rather the insert have been body color to start with.

It's an "emotional mod". I have to second guess the appearance without modding the hood too. It's going to be a little wide in the middle.

If I do any appearance mod with my blacky (which is a justifiable weight reduction), it'll be the CF super G wing and bonnet.

not to speak for Herschel but in my discussions with him he did mention that the bumper would be changed in order to allow it to clear the stock radiator positions.

Correct, I was told it was going to be a direct bolt-on bumper.

^That was my understanding as well when I last spoke with Herschel: direct bolt-on, no changes/mods required.

Don't really care if I get bumper #1 or not but mine will look the best --- think white Super G; the more aggressive-looking bumper with that small CF centre-piece simply complements the car with the contrasting OEM CF pieces plus the Dymag's! :icon_mrgreen: :icon_evil: :badgrin:

(I trust that the CF centre-piece will, hopefully, match the OEM CF's quality.)

Don't really care if I get bumper #1 or not but mine will look the best --- think white Super G; the more aggressive-looking bumper with that small CF centre-piece simply complements the car with the contrasting OEM CF pieces plus the Dymag's! :icon_mrgreen: :icon_evil: :badgrin:

You are right and I hate for you it :crybaby2: :icon_fU:

And for all the black G owners feeling any doubt - a picture is not kind to body mods as real life..

I personally eyeballed a black LP560 for quite some time after I beat the living shit out of it (it was dirty as hell and flies allover the palce) but still the new front end was gorgeous on that car!

I am pretty sure I get the first bumper LOL... We send the car for Digitizing next week and then things should move very quickly from there....

Eric.. Yes the LP and standard G Bumpers are very different on the back side.. Any exterior cosmetic differences will be slight.. and may only include a slighlty enlarged opening at the front to accomodate the shrouds necessary to direct air to the stock G radiators... The purpose of the project is to produce the bumper to be a direct bolt on... One note , if we change the openings on the front we will be molding our own front grills and not using the OE.. our intent is toi mold an identical albeit properly fitting grill for the new bumper.... I will post some pictures of the B surface engineering we are doing next week.. should be great stuff...

Hershel, I think you are spot on since 99% of us (buyers/owners) want a 100% OEM-looking direct bolt-on LP560 bumper :icon_thumleft: I can't wait!

And for all the black G owners feeling any doubt - a picture is not kind to body mods as real life..

I personally eyeballed a black LP560 for quite some time after I beat the living shit out of it (it was dirty as hell and flies allover the palce) but still the new front end was gorgeous on that car!

We had a few LP's in Troy; no question it looks gorgeous in person; 10x better than in photos. The front end looks...unfolded; it's the only word that describes it for me. Kind of like origami with teeth. Very unique; very leading edge.

Just to be fair for all the black G owners, absolutely no worries on how the new bumper would look --- when the LP560 was first unveiled at Geneva, Lambo SpA displayed a black car and a white one; in the Giro last month, Lambo brought a black one, a Grigio Proteus and a Verde Ithaca with Winkelmann and Fritzgerald there. That should indicate some solid confidence for the black cars.

Don't really care if I get bumper #1 or not but mine will look the best --- think white Super G; the more aggressive-looking bumper with that small CF centre-piece

The super g's with the new front are going to be super SICK! :icon_pray:

I am pretty sure I get the first bumper LOL... We send the car for Digitizing next week and then things should move very quickly from there....

Eric.. Yes the LP and standard G Bumpers are very different on the back side.. Any exterior cosmetic differences will be slight.. and may only include a slighlty enlarged opening at the front to accomodate the shrouds necessary to direct air to the stock G radiators... The purpose of the project is to produce the bumper to be a direct bolt on... One note , if we change the openings on the front we will be molding our own front grills and not using the OE.. our intent is toi mold an identical albeit properly fitting grill for the new bumper.... I will post some pictures of the B surface engineering we are doing next week.. should be great stuff...

Hersch,

let me know when these will be ready and ill drive down to pick it up....

Im ok with you having #1 and me #2 LOL :) :)

I cant wait!

ok but remember I own that white beast for a photo shoot :icon_thumleft:

whatever u want :icon_thumleft:

after all the favors.. the least i can do is a photo shoot

hey, whatever it takes...LOL :)

in all seriousness, he is a great guy.. Hersch let me borrow his 250k 700hp 997TT to drive to Orlando and back.

The guy would give you the shirt off his back and most important his work really is top notch...

Hersch let me borrow his 250k 700hp 997TT to drive to Orlando and back.

:shock: Wow! Way to go Hershel!

I'm just playing with you Bill, winter is creeping up fast over and I have some seriously big plans for my Gallardo anyway so I'm in no real hurry to get the bumper, at least not > :brownnoser: < fast! LOL :icon_mrgreen:

I can't wait to see your G TT Spyder with all the white/carbon, new rims, bumper etc, it will be one sick ride, if not the sickest Spyder around! :icon_thumleft:

• 2 weeks later...
We have completed the "B" side digitizing of the 560 bumper and hope to have our first fiberglass plug to test on my car in appx 7-10 days.. if all goes well with that process we should have bumpers 2-3 weeks after

as of yesterday.

• 3 weeks later...
A little update on the LP bumpers

We are fitting the Prototype bumper to my car end of this week ( I will take a bunch of pics) Bumper will include a interior skeleton as the OE unit does and will be done in a High Pressure OE Polyurethane so quality will be top notch.. there will be some B side differences so there will be no need to move radiators.. If all goes well with prototype fitment we should have units in production week ending 10/10 .. we also hope to have the car displayed at festivals of speed with the new bumper.. so anyone in the area can come check out the piece in person.. of course if anyone has any questions feel free to contact me anytime

Awesome! keep us posted!