GTR go BOOOOM

Allan-Herbie

try this one

Good god it riped the teeth right off the gear

This is what they all look like when they go...And it will sound like the gearbox is full of marbles.

my friend chipped his to 800hp

How do you get an extra 300hp from just chipping even if it has an exhaust?

Yeah, he didn't. There is NO WAY the stock turbo's are capable of flowing enough air (boost + CFM) to come even near 800.

While I think the stock turbo's will hit low 600's AT THE CRANK, I they will drop dead at around 630bhp, so about 520-540 at the wheels, before a turbo upgrade is needed.

Yeah, he didn't. There is NO WAY the stock turbo's are capable of flowing enough air (boost + CFM) to come even near 800.

While I think the stock turbo's will hit low 600's AT THE CRANK, I they will drop dead at around 630bhp, so about 520-540 at the wheels, before a turbo upgrade is needed.

What kind of turbo's are on the GTR? I thought they were Garret GT25s

My concern is (obviously) the transmission, horsepower can be made Im sure, but can this box handle it or what? (and for longer than 2 weeks?)

What kind of turbo's are on the GTR? I thought they were Garret GT25s

Nope, they are an IHI turbo. Here is a nice review:

http://2009gtr.blogspot.com/2008/02/r35-gt...-know-your.html

Like I said, they are good for low 600bhp. I figure you can get 16-17psi outta them, after that, they will become ineffecient and just blow hot air.

Nope, they are an IHI turbo. Here is a nice review:

http://2009gtr.blogspot.com/2008/02/r35-gt...-know-your.html

Like I said, they are good for low 600bhp. I figure you can get 16-17psi outta them, after that, they will become ineffecient and just blow hot air.

I would have thought Garette, thanks anyway.

to be honest..im not really sure,thats what he told me and shyan..he did the nismo tuning..

to be honest..im not really sure,thats what he told me and shyan..he did the nismo tuning..

Unless that tuning came with a new set of turbos, injectors, exhaust and intake etc etc, there is no way in hell he got 300hp.

He may be a buddy of your's. But he is blowing smoke up your ass, and probably has no clue what he is talking about. I bet someone said "oh man, that tuning is good for like 300hp"....and he bought it...

The GTR has an upper limit of 600hp + or - 20hp, the main problem holding up mods is the weak transmission.

Getting the GTR over 600hp would require a new transmission, new exhaust, new turbo, intake, injectors, and upgraded inter cooler.

I dont think any of the tuning shops have gotten over 650hp, I think the highest time is very very close to the 600hp mark.