LAMBO BURNTDOWN !!!

I normally dont get back in either but either way I make sure I discharge myself before touching the pump handle again.

I will give the lady credit that she stayed calm. Most of the chicks I know would have ither snatchd the damn thing out still pumping fuel and probably threw the damn thing or just ran away all together.

Yeah, she definitely stayed more poised than what I expected.

• Replies 691
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So to recap, in this thread we've got squirting teenagers, burning Lamborghinis, baby blue leisure suits, and dancing tattooed clowns.

Damn, this is too good to be true :lol2:

if it was an engine fire, why did it travel forward of the rear firewall?

I've seen cars burned like that before.... But only when the passenger compartment was the source of the fire.

My only thought is, as this is a "gas touches hot exhaust" rather than a "statice electricity" fire--Mr. Bubbles had enough fuel run out into the bodywork and spill into the passenger door, igniting that as well. If you look at the attached pic for reference (note the fuel filler door), it "could" be plausible. That would be my explanation for going forward of the firewall.

It does seem odd that you would have that much burn damage forward of the firewall, but not out of the question. My gut feeling is (although I have not worked with carbon fiber to back this up, only fiberglass) once the resin in the carbon catches, you are going to have A LOT of heat generated quickly. Enough to catch the interior elements on fire and continue the burn.

post-9283-1236736552_thumb.jpg

Hey, so it doesn't happen again, have your shop give you a set of these--now when you walk inside, you'll still be able to cover your car :)

post-9283-1236736993_thumb.jpg

That's why women cause something like 4-6 times more gas station fires than men. They get back into their cars and don't discharge the static electricity before touching the pump. Men, more often than women, stay outside of their cars whilst pumping the fuel.

There also has never been a confirmed case of a cell phone causing a fire at a gas station.

There also has never been a confirmed case of a cell phone causing a fire at a gas station.

Exactly. It just won't happen.

I have read every post (posted earlier as well)....

More thoughts & conclusions.....

although many of us think Tattooshop is goofy and leads an interestingly different lifestyle,

as one gentlemen just said, he is well aware of what he does and doesn't care....

In that aspect, good for him.... I suppose differences are what make America unique

(although I do not agree, it makes me appreciate who -- I (myself) -- have become, as a basis for comparison...

Who agrees with that?

Now, onto the matter at hand.....

I don't think Lambo is responsible....

BUT I also don't think MyTattoo is responsible....

This is a freak-accident that could have happened to anybody //

Granted I typically don't drive/and don't own/ a Mid-engined car-

Almost every single gas pump I have EVER used causes itself to STOP when it senses the car is full (or as RomanDad stated, stops every 20 secs as a safety function)

Today when filling up my car (after reading this yesterday) I triggered the full-throttle flow, and left it alone...

Now I will continue to do so, this thread will not change that --

It may be stupid, but I will also continue to talk on the phone and re-enter that car or the service station while filling

Typically I do not even "discharge" the static......

I usually leave the car running !!!

I suppose I'm one of the people who thinks "it won't happen to me, the chances are one in a billion"

I have never experienced an overflow of gas other than pumping a 5gal portable container too full -- I guess I didn't even know it could happen....

Now nobody deserves to have their beloved automobile burnt down in front of their eyes (We are all car guys here right?) --- regardless of how they act or dress/grammer and punctuation/insurance coverages.....

The fact of the matter is, this has happened before --

Regardless of driver negligence....

Also, I have seen multiple photos over the years of Ferrari/Lambo burning on the side of the road, after merely DRIVING them....

I'm no expert, but the engine compartments may have a potential design flaw (I would still take my chances if I felt like buying the car)

How many of you truly babysit the gas pump, every time you fill one of your multiple cars?

Should everything in life (including fuel pumps that have electronic cut-offs and modes) require us to constantly monitor them?

I thought this was the purpose of society EVOLVING.....

For what it's worth......

You should never leave a gasoline engine running when filling up; however, it's perfectly fine to leave a diesel one running.

I

I have never experienced an overflow of gas other than pumping a 5gal portable container too full -- I guess I didn't even know it could happen....

Now nobody deserves to have their beloved automobile burnt down in front of their eyes (We are all car guys here right?) --- regardless of how they act or dress/grammer and punctuation/insurance coverages.....

The fact of the matter is, this has happened before --

Regardless of driver negligence....

Also, I have seen multiple photos over the years of Ferrari/Lambo burning on the side of the road, after merely DRIVING them....

I'm no expert, but the engine compartments may have a potential design flaw (I would still take my chances if I felt like buying the car)

How many of you truly babysit the gas pump, every time you fill one of your multiple cars?

Should everything in life (including fuel pumps that have electronic cut-offs and modes) require us to constantly monitor them?

I thought this was the purpose of society EVOLVING.....

For what it's worth......

I think we all agreed that we didn't want to see his car burn and feel bad for the guy. Most of us also agree that we don't know the cause. Yet, I also know that with a car that has a mid engine with the filler located near the heat source, I don't leave it for a second. My other cars, I'm not worried about because they aren't mid engine cars. Exotics require all kinds of extra care. That shouldn't be such a surprise. People always blame the car when they couldn't treat their exotic like a typical daily drive and suddenly have problems. They require more care, more engine checks and just a higher level of attention in every respect, from tires on up. Who knows if he was standing next to his car if there would have been a different outcome, but we do know there is a hell of a lot less he can do if he's away from his car. I can't expect to treat my Lamborghini like my Lexus and to do so is just asking for trouble.

I think we all agreed that we didn't want to see his car burn and feel bad for the guy. Most of us also agree that we don't know the cause. Yet, I also know that with a car that has a mid engine with the filler located near the heat source, I don't leave it for a second. My other cars, I'm not worried about because they aren't mid engine cars. Exotics require all kinds of extra care. That shouldn't be such a surprise. People always blame the car when they couldn't treat their exotic like a typical daily drive and suddenly have problems. They require more care, more engine checks and just a higher level of attention in every respect, from tires on up. Who knows if he was standing next to his car if there would have been a different outcome, but we do know there is a hell of a lot less he can do if he's away from his car. I can't expect to treat my Lamborghini like my Lexus and to do so is just asking for trouble.

Exactly. We know this has happened before. I never fill up gas unattended.

The only help I can give you is that its going to take a lot of effort and money to win a case like this in court. With all that effort and money spent in courts you can buy a G. So put that extra effort into your business and it will be a lot more rewarding.

I hope will see you with a lambo with top down and chrome spinnin' :monkeyleft:

Dib

so here you go so you stop wondering what happen to the T .. I GRABED THE PUMP AN WENT TO PUT IT IN THE GAS HOLE ..LOL AS I DID THAT SOME GAS CAME OUT OF THE PUMP .. FIRST THING I WAS THINKING WAS TO WIPE IT OFF WITH SOME PAER TOWELS OR A RAG .. I WALKED THE THE BIN THAT SHOULD HAVE HADE SOME PAPER TOWELS AN I DIDNT SEE ANY SO I LOOKED ACROSS TO THE OTHER SIDE AN OHHH NO PAPER TOWELS IN THAT ONE ..HUMMM I WAS THINKING OF MAYBE PUTTING SOME WATER ON THE AREAR TO FLASH THE GAS OFF MY LAMBO BUT DIDNT AS THE CAP WAS OFF AND I HAD STARTED TO FEUL UP .. SO I LOOKED AT THE CAR AN A THOGHT RAN IN MY HEAD HUMM I NEED TO GET SOME PAPER TOWELS AND SMOKES .. A LADY WAS AT THE WINDOW PAYING FOR HER GAS SO I WALKED IN AT WAITED FOR HER TO BE DONE THEN I WAS NEXT I ASKED FOR A PACK OF SMOKES AN GAVE THE MY MONEY ASS SHE WAS GIVING ME MY CHANGE I HEAR A BOOM I LOOK OUTSIDE AN SEE MY LAMBO UP IN FLAMES .. SO I TELL HER TO CALL 911 AS SHE DID I ASK HER TO TURN THE GAS PUMPS OFF AN SHE REPLYED I DONT KNOW HOW AT THAT POINT THE PUMP STARTED TO ALSO BURN AND THE HOSE STARTED SPRAYING LEFT TO RIGHT WITH FLAMES BLOWIN OUT .. AS IM TELLING HER TO TURN OFF THE GAS PUMP .. ALL SHE SAID IS I DONT KNOW HOW .. SO AT THAT POINT I SAID fcuk THIS AN WALKED ACROSS THE STREET ... P.S. THE FIRE MAN TURNED THE PUMPS OFF THE THE CAR .. SO NOW YOU HAVE THE FULL STORY .. RAG ON THAT NOW ...

"GALLARDOS ON FIRE!!!!"

Sung to the tune "Sex on Fire" by Kings of Leon, Who sound strangley like Journey with Steve Perry.

YEEEEAHO !!!!

YOUR GALLARDOS ON FIRE!!!!

CONSUMED!!!!

ALL THAT’S LEFT IS THE TIRE!!!!

^^^^^

Absolutely hilarious, still laughing at this because I happen to like the original song a lot... :icon_mrgreen:

This thread is truly epic!!

In any case, I wouldn't/don't leave my BMW while at the gas pump and wouldn't do so with an exotic. It just doesn't seem right to do with any car - some more than others obviously.

Although it sucks that the car had to catch fire and burn down, MyTattooShop is taking it pretty well and honestly - if he's not stressin' then why is we a messin'? Fool!

In all seriousness though, good luck with everything MyTattooShop, you've escaped unharmed and can replace the automobile!

.. RAG ON THAT NOW ...

If the girl told me she didn't know how to turn off the pump I'd have took off fast too. Of course I'd be yelling for everyone else who didn't take off to take off too.

If the girl told me she didn't know how to turn off the pump I'd have took off fast too. Of course I'd be yelling for everyone else who didn't take off to take off too.

somehow, GASMAN repling in this thread seems so appropriate.

I think thats Oregon.

Yeah in Oregon you can't pump your own gas.

In Mexico, its the same.......no personal pumping.

and in Hong Kong hehe... :)

I actually think she handled herself very well. What's so dumb?

I agree 100%

I'd say most of us "including me" probably would of freaked at the site of fire and walked away from the vehicle to a safe place. She did all she could until she felt that it was unsafe to stay in that location.

I guess we'll never know unless we are put in that situation.

so here you go so you stop wondering what happen to the T .. I GRABED THE PUMP AN WENT TO PUT IT IN THE GAS HOLE ..LOL AS I DID THAT SOME GAS CAME OUT OF THE PUMP .. FIRST THING I WAS THINKING WAS TO WIPE IT OFF WITH SOME PAER TOWELS OR A RAG .. I WALKED THE THE BIN THAT SHOULD HAVE HADE SOME PAPER TOWELS AN I DIDNT SEE ANY SO I LOOKED ACROSS TO THE OTHER SIDE AN OHHH NO PAPER TOWELS IN THAT ONE ..HUMMM I WAS THINKING OF MAYBE PUTTING SOME WATER ON THE AREAR TO FLASH THE GAS OFF MY LAMBO BUT DIDNT AS THE CAP WAS OFF AND I HAD STARTED TO FEUL UP .. SO I LOOKED AT THE CAR AN A THOGHT RAN IN MY HEAD HUMM I NEED TO GET SOME PAPER TOWELS AND SMOKES .. A LADY WAS AT THE WINDOW PAYING FOR HER GAS SO I WALKED IN AT WAITED FOR HER TO BE DONE THEN I WAS NEXT I ASKED FOR A PACK OF SMOKES AN GAVE THE MY MONEY ASS SHE WAS GIVING ME MY CHANGE I HEAR A BOOM I LOOK OUTSIDE AN SEE MY LAMBO UP IN FLAMES .. SO I TELL HER TO CALL 911 AS SHE DID I ASK HER TO TURN THE GAS PUMPS OFF AN SHE REPLYED I DONT KNOW HOW AT THAT POINT THE PUMP STARTED TO ALSO BURN AND THE HOSE STARTED SPRAYING LEFT TO RIGHT WITH FLAMES BLOWIN OUT .. AS IM TELLING HER TO TURN OFF THE GAS PUMP .. ALL SHE SAID IS I DONT KNOW HOW .. SO AT THAT POINT I SAID fcuk THIS AN WALKED ACROSS THE STREET ... P.S. THE FIRE MAN TURNED THE PUMPS OFF THE THE CAR .. SO NOW YOU HAVE THE FULL STORY .. RAG ON THAT NOW ...

Holy crap this was mostly English and I think RomanDad wont need a translator for this post. Well done!

so here you go so you stop wondering what happen to the T .. I GRABED THE PUMP AN WENT TO PUT IT IN THE GAS HOLE ..LOL AS I DID THAT SOME GAS CAME OUT OF THE PUMP .. FIRST THING I WAS THINKING WAS TO WIPE IT OFF WITH SOME PAER TOWELS OR A RAG .. I WALKED THE THE BIN THAT SHOULD HAVE HADE SOME PAPER TOWELS AN I DIDNT SEE ANY SO I LOOKED ACROSS TO THE OTHER SIDE AN OHHH NO PAPER TOWELS IN THAT ONE ..HUMMM I WAS THINKING OF MAYBE PUTTING SOME WATER ON THE AREAR TO FLASH THE GAS OFF MY LAMBO BUT DIDNT AS THE CAP WAS OFF AND I HAD STARTED TO FEUL UP .. SO I LOOKED AT THE CAR AN A THOGHT RAN IN MY HEAD HUMM I NEED TO GET SOME PAPER TOWELS AND SMOKES

Case closed.

That actually answers a lot of questions. Thanks for posting.