Veyron vs. Mclaren F1

Kisco

anyone have published 0-60, 0-100 numbers for each car?

Road and Track tested a F1 back in like '97, If I recall correctly they got it to 60 in 3.4, not sure about the 0-100, I'll try to remember to dig the mag out.

Edit: just looked 0-100 = 7.7

11.6@125 in the 1/4

R&T figures for the Veyron

0-60 = 2.6

0-100 = 5.5

1/4 = [email protected]

Road and Track tested a F1 back in like '97, If I recall correctly they got it to 60 in 3.4, not sure about the 0-100, I'll try to remember to dig the mag out.

11.6@125 in the 1/4

0-60 = 2.6

0-100 = 5.5

1/4 = [email protected]

This is fishy. They must of pedaled it or not use launch control on the veyron or a combination.

I'd rather have the Mc Laren. I do not need the world's fastest automatic, plus they are really ugly.

There is this thing called a corner....I enjoy myself when I can master one.

If you are going to buy one of the ultimate supercars on the planet cost no limit.....wouldn't you want to be more of the experience. Or do you want to be a 5 foot 5 didlo that can push a switch and almost lose to a 15 yr car without TC, launch control or abs with a manual gearbox.....

I was surprised how the Makka kept up, considering it was down 350 hp on a sandy (low grip) track with rear wheel drive.

This is fishy. They must of pedaled it or not use launch control on the veyron or a combination.

No it is not..................watch the whole episode.....................there is sand everywhere, which limits traction

pointless race done for entertainment, we all know which is the faster car.

Sure thing, but I enjoyed the hell out of this segment. Thanks for posting!

I'd rather have the Mc Laren. I do not need the world's fastest automatic, plus they are really ugly.

There is this thing called a corner....I enjoy myself when I can master one.

If you are going to buy one of the ultimate supercars on the planet cost no limit.....wouldn't you want to be more of the experience. Or do you want to be a 5 foot 5 didlo that can push a switch and almost lose to a 15 yr car without TC, launch control or abs with a manual gearbox.....

I was surprised how the Makka kept up, considering it was down 350 hp on a sandy (low grip) track with rear wheel drive.

Every review I have seen or read of a McLaren F1 road car on a race track, the car understeers like a pig and cooks its brakes within a couple of laps. While I love the car, it hasn't proven to be more than a very impressive straight line machine, like the Veyron.

Plus, I would take whatever you see on Top Gear with a big grain of salt.

11.6@125 in the 1/4

0-60 = 2.6

0-100 = 5.5

1/4 = [email protected]

this confirms the Top Gear race was staged/limited traction/whatever. All you F1 nutswingers can........keep on nutswingin'. :thefinger:

The Veyron looked amazing in red.

I loved how the Veyron went by the F1 like it was standing still..:shock: This was the not so surprising part of the race.

The Veyron looked amazing in red.

I loved how the Veyron went by the F1 like it was standing still..:shock: This was the not so surprising part of the race.

That was definitely a staged race. No LC, and I dont think he had the car in race mode with the 2nd key activated as it sits a little lower than that. The Veyron would smoke it from start to finish in real life racing.

this confirms the Top Gear race was staged/limited traction/whatever. All you F1 nutswingers can........keep on nutswingin'. :thefinger:

:iamwithstupid:

The Veyron will utterly destroy the F1.

Top Gear is well known for staging races to make them seem more dramatic. Plus, Richard Hammond seems to not know how to extract the maximum potential from any car.

Off the line I am not sure if there is a street legal car on this planet that can hang with a Veyron.

The road and track was a ameritech F1 which was reall slow for some reason. Most times posted for the f1 are around 11.1 11.0 that I have found.

It was geared shorter I believe, which limited it top speed to around 220 when they used it in a top speed shoot out and it might have had some extra emissions equipment or something. I know most claim 0-60 in 3.2 and the 1/4 in 11.1. But I've never seen independent tests that can replicate these numbers consistently, which makes sense considering the nature of the car. Though I'll concede the 0-100 time seems slower than I'm sure its capable off. But those are the only independent numbers I could find.

I have an article from CAR magazine where they tested the F1 LM edition, which of course is the lighter, more powerful version for a 0-100-0 challenge. They averaged 0-100 in around 6.7

But in the end the F1 was never really meant to be about the numbers.

Every review I have seen or read of a McLaren F1 road car on a race track, the car understeers like a pig and cooks its brakes within a couple of laps. While I love the car, it hasn't proven to be more than a very impressive straight line machine, like the Veyron.

Plus, I would take whatever you see on Top Gear with a big grain of salt.

Your last line is the only correct thing above.

As for the rest. Le Mans.

Thanks.

Your last line is the only correct thing above.

As for the rest. Le Mans.

Thanks.

Read it again, cap. I specified I was talking about the "road car." Although the ACO homologation rules require certain similarities between the road car and the race car, I can guarantee you that the aerodynamics, chassis and brake set-up of the road car were nowhere near that of the race car. I don't think a roadgoing version of the F1 could have gotten within ten seconds of the pole lap time in 1995, even on slicks.

Race cars are not road cars.

Read it again, cap. I specified I was talking about the "road car." Although the ACO homologation rules require certain similarities between the road car and the race car, I can guarantee you that the aerodynamics, chassis and brake set-up of the road car were nowhere near that of the race car. I don't think a roadgoing version of the F1 could have gotten within ten seconds of the pole lap time in 1995, even on slicks.

Race cars are not road cars.

A quote from Evo magazine when they did a track test of the F1 seems to confirm at least some of whats been said.

"During the three laps that follow I make many major discoveries. The first is that the brakes are indeed terrible. In fact, they’re shite."

http://www.dkeng.com/ have a race car for the road ;)

Comparing between the two cars imo is the epitome of pointless discussion. In my opinion I think they are two different cars with two different design missions for different generations.

I love that F1, if I were in the market for one that would be the route I would take.

I think that's the one Tiff Needell drove in a Fifth Gear segment

I love that F1, if I were in the market for one that would be the route I would take.

Yep, £400k dropped off the price according to this months EVO to £1.6m.

He still swears that the F1 is the greatest car he's ever driven.

The Veyron and F1 are totally different cars. Not to mention the F1 was built around the time of the XJ220, the EB110, the F40 and the 959. Truly some of the best supercars out there were built in that time, IMHO.

Owners of those need to chime in!