I have a great hook up at BMW! Advice on a new DD?

SV-N-IT

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bill has had a tricked out M5 already. I think he needs an M6. I personally think the M3 Coupe on White/Red Interior with the factory 19s is the best looking car they have ever built. Not the fastest in the world, but you have another car in the garage for that.

I have an 06 Stratus Grey M6 for a DD. It's fantastic... power, comfort, class..

BUT, if your able to get a late model build 09' or an early model 10', then you get the new iDrive which is now 3D, new gearing for the SMG III, new sport exhaust and suspension options and new LCI LED headlights/taillights..

I'd go for either an X6M, 750 with the new M package, or M3. Depends on what you want. If you like your current Cayenne, you will love the way the X6 handles. The new X6M motor is an incredible engine. The new M package on the 7 adds some sport to its stately manner. And the M3 in lemans blue is a gorgeous sedan or coupe. Just stick to any of the new I-drive cars. The old idrive system was such a pos.

Here is the 7 with the m treatment.

p90048510.jpg

p90048509.jpg

p90047048.jpg

Since you can rip a new 7 at invoice, that is likely the way that I would go. For the money it is hard to beat. Bill, you are a big dude, I doubt the X-6 will work for you as I hear the back seat is cramped. Granted I have not seen it in person. The 7 drives like no other in my opinion.

that 7 with the M treatment looks great! and a white M3 coupe would be fun!

thx for your help fellas, i will keep you posted... :)

I am picking up my new 750i on Monday. Nice car but nothing to get excited about, wait for the v12tt.

From the cars we talked about to THAT?!

M3 is a really good DD. Fast as well as nimble. I have a white M3 sedan, and I'm pretty happy with it. As for the 7, not too keen on it.....probably cause I find it too big and cumbersome for me to enjoy the driving experience. I like the X6, reminds me of the Batmobile in Batman Begins for some reason. I was going to get it, but decided otherwise in the end just because I really have no use for a big SUV type car at the moment. Thinking of adding the new E550 coupe to the garage.....I know that there have been mixed reviews....Would like to get some feedback from those here who got it as a DD. Also, does anyone here knows if they're coming out with an E63 AMG coupe version?

By the way, sorry to get off topic like this and hijacking the thread.

Who cares what other people think you should get?

Just get what you want. No one is a fan of self promoting "Hey what should i get because i know so and so threads" :jack:

Fine go ahead and ask "between these cars what should i get" but otherwise it's like making a thread asking "what ed hardy shirt should i wear today?"

i actually learned alot today... thanks bros....

Bill go testdrive the m3 with dct. You will fall in love.

i will, but what is dct? is that like smg?

Double clutch technology. Like smg but better and faster

Yeah ,it is like DSG in an Audi. Same trans as a Veyron. It is slick as hell.

i will, but what is dct? is that like smg?

If you are looking for a fun car to drive..get the stick shift M3..the DCT makes the M3 drives so boring..i've sat in both DCT and Manual..prefer the Manual.. :icon_thumleft: but DCT is wayyyy faster though.

If you are looking for a fun car to drive..get the stick shift M3..the DCT makes the M3 drives so boring..i've sat in both DCT and Manual..prefer the Manual.. :icon_thumleft: but DCT is wayyyy faster though.

You sat in them or you drove them!? My E46 M3 had SMG and I loved every single minute of driving in that thing. more so then my 6 speed audi. But yes bill, just go drive them all. They know you are legit so they wont hesitate to throw you some keys. Then decide! Order one through BMW individual and get a color no one else has!

awesome! well so far im thinking M3 coupe or 7 w/M package.

i will keep you guys posted..

i will say that DCT sounds tempting.

Chris, are M3's selling for close to invoice yet? or are they holding?

thx again guys