I have a great hook up at BMW! Advice on a new DD?

SV-N-IT

When you come for a ride in my boat, you can drive my CTS-V

:icon_super:

PM me your contact info, and maybe we can go over one of the next weekends.

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If your not tracking it, imo it's not worth the extra money. And if money is not the issue, then why not an M6..?

Honestly, it is about everything. If you are on the highway with a modded 335 at 160 and an m3 at 160, I will feel MUCH better when I see traffic ahead knowing that I have great brakes, etc. If I have to swerve to avoid something, the M3 will do that much easier.

I have driven both cars stock at speed, and the M3 is worth the extra $15k-$20k IMO.

M6 is cool, but its too heavy. Bill also already had a heavily modded m5, so it kind of defeats the purpose.

hmm, your post actually made me think of getting a BMW. With the cash for clunkers program and the rebate BMW just launched, thats a lot of free money.

I go buy a cheap POS running car for $600, turn it for cash 4 clunkers money: $3,500-$4,500 and then $4,500 for buying the X5 diesel, thats pretty good. Shit load of torque and 26mpg with space for hauling the family.

The new rebate only applies to the 3 series and X5 diesels.

Honestly, it is about everything. If you are on the highway with a modded 335 at 160 and an m3 at 160, I will feel MUCH better when I see traffic ahead knowing that I have great brakes, etc. If I have to swerve to avoid something, the M3 will do that much easier.

I have driven both cars stock at speed, and the M3 is worth the extra $15k-$20k IMO.

M6 is cool, but its too heavy. Bill also already had a heavily modded m5, so it kind of defeats the purpose.

:iamwithstupid:

thats a possibility, why did you get rid of it?

Lease was up! :)

If you are going to buy new, check the auction prices before you go in. From what I have seen the new M3's have dropped at least 20k in only a year, may make more sense to pick up a used one.

Also, the M button is addicting... :D

hmm, your post actually made me think of getting a BMW. With the cash for clunkers program and the rebate BMW just launched, thats a lot of free money.

I go buy a cheap POS running car for $600, turn it for cash 4 clunkers money: $3,500-$4,500 and then $4,500 for buying the X5 diesel, thats pretty good. Shit load of torque and 26mpg with space for hauling the family.

The new rebate only applies to the 3 series and X5 diesels.

Q: Can I go to the junkyard and buy an old car and use it for a trade?

A: Here is what the NHTSA says about what you need to bring to the dealer when you buy a new car: You should bring documentation establishing the identity of the person who currently owns the vehicle, preferably the title of the vehicle, and documentary proof that the vehicle “has been continuously insured consistent with the applicable State law and registered to the same owner for a period of not less than 1 year immediately prior to the trade-in.” The final rule will specify what types of documentation would be acceptable.

New 7er is nice.. I am doing the new X6M as my daily driver...hoping to take delivery in October/November... :)

X6M will be out in October?

I will make a decision this week. alot will depend on hold back money, programs, etc...

you guys are awesome! thanks for all the feedback.

X6M will be out in October?

I will make a decision this week. alot will depend on hold back money, programs, etc...

you guys are awesome! thanks for all the feedback.

Picked up my 750i today, I was pleasantly surprised, this is a very nice ride. Like I said, the V12 will be badass, its gonna make around 580 hp and be the fastest bimmer available. List price is around 140k, WAIT!

Picked up my 750i today, I was pleasantly surprised, this is a very nice ride. Like I said, the V12 will be badass, its gonna make around 580 hp and be the fastest bimmer available. List price is around 140k, WAIT!

Not everyone has $140k for a DD .

Very soon there's going to be kits available for the twin turboed 750 for way over 600 hp

Guest skokos
Very soon there's going to be kits available for the twin turboed 750 for way over 600 hp

So awesome.

I was just thinking yesterday how awesome the X5 M Is going to be with its 555 hp twin turbo motor after its modded.

a 675 HP X5 would be pretty freaking sweet

I would be happy with a 80 to 100 hp bump, which should be easy/cheap. Its not worth messing with the warranty or free maint though.

I would be happy with a 80 to 100 hp bump, which should be easy/cheap. Its not worth messing with the warranty or free maint though.

Pay the extra money and get the mods from Dinan. While they are wildly overpriced (due to the partnership) any dinan mods keep your warranty and maint fully intact! Im sure they will have something for that engine...assumging they already dont!

Pay the extra money and get the mods from Dinan. While they are wildly overpriced (due to the partnership) any dinan mods keep your warranty and maint fully intact! Im sure they will have something for that engine...assumging they already dont!

Thanks Kevin, my dealer sells Dinan, and I asked, nothing available yet. They mentioned that Dinan handles the warranty issues now....

dam guys now my heads spinning. maybe ill just wait and get the X6M

But don't you already have a Cayenne? Or is the BMW replacing that? Just wondering why you'd want 2 SUV's.

But why go new, why not retro? You and snowpoke would look good cruising in THIS! :icon_mrgreen: :lol2: :lol2:

post-7118-1248845190_thumb.jpg

What do you care about more power from a Bmw? You have gone totally gay... :bj:

• 3 weeks later...

I have taken dads (vrooms) advice and bought a loaded to the gills 750LI! the car really is incredible!!

any thoughts on mods. i definitly want a lowering module....

I bet you look like an old retired man in that thing bill! :icon_thumleft:

Just playing, congrats on the new ride. Any thoughts on some bigger rims for that massive beast?