Guns

OVI

I think the G36 and variants are military and law enforcement only. I would love to have one though!!!

Agreed, I love the G36 and would love one, but there is honestly no practical application for it other than tactical use.

I still want one though :)

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

AR15 jamming.

I've got a DPMS AR15, brand new. 223. Has had 30 +/- rounds put through it.

The first time I ran a 30-round clip through it with some US- manufactured ammo. I forgot the name of the ammo-Beautiful gun at 15, 30 and 50 yards. This gun me feel special.

The second clip was another 30-round, but this time with "Wolf" ammo made in Russia. Jammed up several times.

I didn't have time to figure out what happened a the range- is it more likely the cheap ammo or a malfunctioning magazine?

If ammo, I have 970 rounds of cheap Wolf 223 remington ammo for sale.

AR15 jamming.

The first time I ran a 30-round clip through it with some US- manufactured ammo. I forgot the name of the ammo-Beautiful gun at 15, 30 and 50 yards. This gun me feel special.

The second clip was another 30-round, but this time with "Wolf" ammo made in Russia. Jammed up several times.

I didn't have time to figure out what happened a the range- is it more likely the cheap ammo or a malfunctioning magazine?

What do you mean jammed? And what kind of ammo was it?

And to anyone interested in firearms http://www.ar15.com/ is a good website for information, but like any forum you have to figure out who is a dumbass and who to ignore :P

Jammed: bullet would not leave the chamber. Subsequent round got stuck in between the clip and the chamber. I'm not technical with guns, just getting into them.

I tried to go to the AR15 website but it seems laden with yahoos, crazy people and conspiracy theorists.

Unlike Lambopower.

:-D

HK G36

And it's a fake! LOL

G36's ARE military/LEO only. Or, if you happen to be a Class III weapons dealer, you can have them as "dealer samples."

I would be fine with just an MP5. That's all.

AR15 jamming.

Its the ammo. Wolf sucks.... Many ranges wont let you shoot it.

G36's ARE military/LEO only. Or, if you happen to be a Class III weapons dealer, you can have them as "dealer samples."

There are other legal ways around that.

Tell us more RD. I would be very interested to know:)

Thats the "c" model.

Kurz

Get your class III license and you can buy the G36 as a dealer sample. You have to obtain a letter from a P.D. or government agency, agreeing for you to demonstrate the weapon to the deparment. The demonstration is between you and the department. The weapon will have to be donated to a government agency or destroyed, if you turn in the license. Destroyed ? The receiver must be torch cut in three places. I believe you can keep all of the other parts - anybody can own the parts.

Jammed: bullet would not leave the chamber. Subsequent round got stuck in between the clip and the chamber. I'm not technical with guns, just getting into them.

I tried to go to the AR15 website but it seems laden with yahoos, crazy people and conspiracy theorists.

Unlike Lambopower.

:-D

Buy the HK 416 magazine.

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem....?Item=148566102

Quite a few jams, are attributed to the cheap factory and aftermarket magazines. Make sure to clean the bolt and gas port. The area behind the bolt, located inside of the bolt carrier, picks up a lot of carbon build up. In addition, lube the bolt carrier.

http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2009/01...k416-and-hk417/

AR15 jamming.

Wolf 223 sucks. I use Wolf 7.62x39mm(AK47) and it works fine in that gun. My dad has Wold 45 ACP and it works fine in his Kimber 1911. I think its just the 223 stuff that sucks.

Not for a G36. You can acquire a Class III, pre-86 gun as a civilian (M16s, MP5s, UZI, etc). But newer Class III's (G36s, UMPs, HK416 full autos), are gov't restricted or to C3/NFA dealers only. No way around it, unless you somehow are a magazine editor and get a sample to review, from the factory.

Not for a G36. You can acquire a Class III, pre-86 gun as a civilian (M16s, MP5s, UZI, etc). But newer Class III's (G36s, UMPs, HK416 full autos), are gov't restricted or to C3/NFA dealers only. No way around it, unless you somehow are a magazine editor and get a sample to review, from the factory.

If you want full auto, thats correct..... But you can get the G36 in semi auto (SL series). Its basically the same gun without pray and spray. With a few modifications it will accept the G36 stock etc....

In the end though.... Its a major PITA for what amounts to a German AR15.

SIG's 556 is a great rifle, based of the AR design. Personally I do not care for AR's. They were a rushed design with serious design flaws. HK and SIG have taken the base design and perfected it with their 556 and 416's, respectively. Don't know what luck you have getting those in Cali, though.

Im thinking about a new gun for a concealed carry type of situation. I have an XD 40 and I love the gun, but its just to hard to hide. Does anyone have any suggestions? I looked at a Ruger LCP and the P-3AT. The LCP is way better than the P-3AT, the P-3 feels like a cheap pos. But I am looking for any other suggestions.

Im thinking about a new gun for a concealed carry type of situation. I have an XD 40 and I love the gun, but its just to hard to hide. Does anyone have any suggestions? I looked at a Ruger LCP and the P-3AT. The LCP is way better than the P-3AT, the P-3 feels like a cheap pos. But I am looking for any other suggestions.

post-10945-1259645686_thumb.jpg

The best looking/feeling deep concealment gun I've come across in a long time is the new SIG S238. I haven't gotten a chance to shoot one yet but something about it just feels awesome. It is a bit more pricey than the LCP (which I own)

post-10945-1259645734_thumb.jpg

If you're willing to go a little bigger, I love my Glock 26. It's a 10+1 9MM subcompact and it's pretty easy to conceal.

Kahr PM9 or MK9.

I just picked up a PM9 and it's about 1/4" longer and 2/5" taller than the LCP and is only ~1" wide.

Check it:

http://www.mouseguns.com/PocketAutoComparison.pdf

• 3 weeks later...
Guest skokos

Went gun shopping today and have found some different ones Im considering. Any suggestions would be appreciated

Things to keep in mind,I have large hands and dont care for short grips. And Im not a fan of "smaller" concealed pistols. The guns I were most comfortable firing in the past were a springfield 1911's and Beretta 92fs.

I really liked this one: Ultra Crimson Carry II .45http://www.kimberamerica.com/products/pist..._Crimson_Carry/ found new for $995

large_ultra_crimson_carry_II.jpg

I also have been looking for a nice rifle and then a shot gun for my home.

I found a Smith & Wesson MP15 AR15 very similar to this with an EOtech holographic sight, 700 Lums flashlight with 3 setting plus strobe with pressure switch on front fore grip,picattany rail and laser sight for $1699

img1814v.jpg

And then for the shotgun I am liking the Mossberg 500,they had it for $369

50420.jpg

I found a Smith & Wesson MP15 AR15 very similar to this with an EOtech holographic sight, 700 Lums flashlight with 3 setting plus strobe with pressure switch on front fore grip,picattany rail and laser sight for $1699

img1814v.jpg

Where did you find this deal? I'm interested in one.

Guest skokos
Where did you find this deal? I'm interested in one.

Im sorry I should have added that the EOtech sight was an additional $300 something so for that setup it was about $1900+

I was going to see about purchasing all 3 and see if they would throw the sight in.

Its a new store here in sandy Ut.

gunsellers.com :icon_thumleft:

Went gun shopping today and have found some different ones Im considering. Any suggestions would be appreciated

Things to keep in mind,I have large hands and dont care for short grips. And Im not a fan of "smaller" concealed pistols. The guns I were most comfortable firing in the past were a springfield 1911's and Beretta 92fs.

I really liked this one: Ultra Crimson Carry II .45[url="http://www.kimberamerica.com/products/pistols/crimson_carry

I also have been looking for a nice rifle and then a shot gun for my home.

And then for the shotgun I am liking the Mossberg 500,they had it for $369

I love 1911 pistols. From all the ones I have had some experience with Kimbers have been the best. My father has one he bought about 5 years ago or so and that gun is a blast to shoot. I dont own one yet but when I do it will be a Kimber. They make very good guns. Only downside will be they are hard to conceal, I dont know what you plan on doing with it though. If you just keep it in your glove box or center consul I wouldnt be concerned at all.

For ARs Im not a big fan of the MP5s and that. I personally like the ones with the full stocks. But thats just me, lots of people do like them.

As far as shot gun, Im dont like the ones with pistol grips and all. But again my shot gun is not for home defense, its for hunting. I have a Beretta 391 Urika Semi Auto. I bought it almost 6 years ago and it was not cheap then and it hasnt gone down since. I have always liked the Remington 870s for a pump action gun, and they are very reasonably priced. Me being from South Dakota(big hunting state) EVERYONE either has an 870 or knows 20+ people that do own one. They have killed thousands of birds. Another one that is very popular is the Benelli Nova, I have never liked them but their reputation is a few steps below the 870(which is still very high).

Guest skokos
I love 1911 pistols. From all the ones I have had some experience with Kimbers have been the best. My father has one he bought about 5 years ago or so and that gun is a blast to shoot. I dont own one yet but when I do it will be a Kimber. They make very good guns. Only downside will be they are hard to conceal, I dont know what you plan on doing with it though. If you just keep it in your glove box or center consul I wouldnt be concerned at all.

For ARs Im not a big fan of the MP5s and that. I personally like the ones with the full stocks. But thats just me, lots of people do like them.

As far as shot gun, Im dont like the ones with pistol grips and all. But again my shot gun is not for home defense, its for hunting. I have a Beretta 391 Urika Semi Auto. I bought it almost 6 years ago and it was not cheap then and it hasnt gone down since. I have always liked the Remington 870s for a pump action gun, and they are very reasonably priced. Me being from South Dakota(big hunting state) EVERYONE either has an 870 or knows 20+ people that do own one. They have killed thousands of birds. Another one that is very popular is the Benelli Nova, I have never liked them but their reputation is a few steps below the 870(which is still very high).

The pistol would be glove box etc.. with occasionally being carried on me with a hip holster. My dad wore a 1911 for a few years on his hip and complained it was always pulling his pants down LOL

The Remington 870 is the other one I have had friends recommending. I do like how lite the mossberg is,short barrel and feels compact for home use. How does it compare price wise?

The pistol would be glove box etc.. with occasionally being carried on me with a hip holster. My dad wore a 1911 for a few years on his hip and complained it was always pulling his pants down LOL

The Remington 870 is the other one I have had friends recommending. I do like how lite the mossberg is,short barrel and feels compact for home use. How does it compare price wise?

Carrying a larger gun on your hip will be harder to do. I have done it with my XD40, mainly its just uncomfortable and I found myself always adjusting. I also had to tighten the belt one more notch. haha

No experience with the Mossberg, but you do know you can get the 870 with a shorter barrel? I dont know how short the barrel is on the Mossberg but you can get an 870 with a 26" barrel. My Beretta is 26" and its very nice, much better than any 28" Ive used.

Any good Benelli's worth looking at?

Novas are in the price range of the Mossberg and 870. Super Black Eagle and M2s I like, both are like $1000-$2000 if I remember right.

Guest skokos
Novas are in the price range of the Mossberg and 870. Super Black Eagle and M2s I like, both are like $1000-$2000 if I remember right.

Kinda pricey when that mossberg is running $369 lol