550-2 Balboni

speed2

Hope they sell all US allotments.

The more successful these cars are, the better for all G owners.

2WD G's for 220K will give a positive effect on market values of previous G's, IMO

No.

I'm glad they created this car because the early feedback is saying it's amazing, but $250k Gallardos are not the answer to the factory's problems right now.

They need a $150k car in the lineup, which ironically was close to what the original G-car's MSRP was in 2004 ($165k).

Lambo needs an "R8" badly, or for the purists, a new Jalpa. Never has this been more clear than seeing dealer after dealer close the doors because they just can't move any units.

Apparently the word is that after the 550-2 VB limited edition, they will go ahead with a standard 550-2 edition.

Wonder what THAT will do to the 560s and 550-2s. Looks like they are going all out to sell as many cars as they can with not too much regard for the consumer.

Apparently the word is that after the 550-2 VB limited edition, they will go ahead with a standard 550-2 edition.

Wonder what THAT will do to the 560s and 550-2s. Looks like they are going all out to sell as many cars as they can with not too much regard for the consumer.

If true; it's a way to lower the price more, while still maintaining the "-4" as the top of the range.

(And, I think they went way overboard when they jumped from the original MSRP of $165k.)

No.

I'm glad they created this car because the early feedback is saying it's amazing, but $250k Gallardos are not the answer to the factory's problems right now.

They need a $150k car in the lineup, which ironically was close to what the original G-car's MSRP was in 2004 ($165k).

Lambo needs an "R8" badly, or for the purists, a new Jalpa. Never has this been more clear than seeing dealer after dealer close the doors because they just can't move any units.

Lamborghini has one potential model they could release....the new Miura (concept car). IMO They could use a V-10 with about 450hp OR a V-12 with about 495hp and RWD. They could have a price point of $185K with production within 20 months.

As mentioned a new Jalpa could be well done. IMO They could use a V-8 with about 400hp. a V-10 with about 400hp OR a V-12 with about 435hp and RWD.

They could have a price point of $125K with production within 28 months.

That would give the company FOUR main models they could market .....even to different sectors of the market .

Just my 2c

I respectfully disagree with you. The SV is made for a special clientele and will be sold with out any problems.

SV - 350, price ~$450K

VB - 250, price ~$240K

Half the price and fewer made...

The reason we do not see multiple SVs sitting in showrooms with no interest is because they are made to order. Dealerships can not afford and I guess Lamborghini doesn't force them to buy for inventory. I would be surprised if up to date they have sold more than 50 SVs.

No.

Lambo's sales figures are scary:

In August they sold 27 new cars in the US down 57% YOY.

In 09 so far they've sold 267 new cars in the US down 53% YOY.

With productive capacity of 5K cars they should take your advice immediately.

The World has changed. They should definitely have a "V 8 Jalpa" as you describe for 150K or maybe even less.

The msrp. on the new M is what 481K?

Those days are over for a while.

Cheers

Lambo's sales figures are scary:

In August they sold 27 new cars in the US down 57% YOY.

In 09 so far they've sold 267 new cars in the US down 53% YOY.

With productive capacity of 5K cars they should take your advice immediately.

The World has changed. They should definitely have a "V 8 Jalpa" as you describe for 150K or maybe even less.

The msrp. on the new M is what 481K?

Those days are over for a while.

Cheers

:iamwithstupid:

New models are a good answer. They need to have lower price point models. The estoque platform may be a necessary evil.

i agree 100% It could move like crazy! price it right 165k or less. you could really do well in that market i think!

New models are a good answer. They need to have lower price point models. The estoque platform may be a necessary evil.

So..... why did the boneheads jump the price so much on the Gallardo from 2004 to 2009 ? The car is definitely worth every penny at the 165-175k range; it's not (IMO, & I've had 2 new ones) at 260k.

what is needed is the estoque sedan.... 4 doors practical. Especially in a economic downturn, who wouldnt want to be more practical? With v-8 2 doors that would only serve to cannibalize more of the g volume... Even Ferraris have a california and 612 that are way more practical with trunk and 2 additional seats.... So why not Lamborghini? Give you a scenario.. Honey, I am going to buy a lambo... wife says; WHAT?? now? Economy is still looking pretty bleak! Oh dont worry honey says the man... Its a 4 door, with a trunk and we can take jack and jill in the back seat.. AND its like the price of a bentley... The wife's practicality and the man's desire for a lambo are fully realized... great compromise and one more sale for Lamborghini.... lol...

So..... why did the boneheads jump the price so much on the Gallardo from 2004 to 2009 ? The car is definitely worth every penny at the 165-175k range; it's not (IMO, & I've had 2 new ones) at 260k.

Yep, they backed themselves into a corner.... made bad assumptions about the viability and size of the market and are now stuck with excess capacity and an overpriced product. Not a good combo, made even worse by the fact that you can buy a fully loaded R8V10 for 165k. We can argue to ad nauseam about style and brand appeal(which cost zero to manufacture), but these two cars are nearly identical, especially in terms of manufacturing costs.

Totally agreed QVPOWER, don't forget the Masarati GT they are everywhere in OC.

Yes I forgot about that one...lol.. But my point is as much as purist would balk at lambo 4 door, the truth is that it could very be a lifeline for Lamborghini. Go for volume on a sedan and not the 2 door market. that way exclusivity is maintained and volume is achievable. A v-8 G would only confuse consumers more in defining exclusivity on the regular Gs....

Yep, they backed themselves into a corner.... made bad assumptions about the viability and size of the market and are now stuck with excess capacity and an overpriced product. Not a good combo

Am I the first to say that Lambo is fucked? I don't see the brand disappear anytime soon but I do see a Secession from Audi and a quick bankruptcy right after that... :eusa_think:

History repeats itself..

So exactly like they did with the SE Gallardo which turned out not to be so special edition but in fact the 05/06 car...

Am I the first to say that Lambo is fucked? I don't see the brand disappear anytime soon but I do see a Secession from Audi and a quick bankruptcy right after that... :eusa_think:

History repeats itself..

The smartest move would be to throw the Estoque in production, priced directly at the Quattroporte level. Send the shell of an A8 over to Italy for some fancy body work, and there.

They do it with the G already. Build the Estoque on the Gallardo line. They will be forced to slow production of Gallardos, allowing the market to somewhat cope with its outrageous price, while simultaneously building a model that will move. Hell throw the S8 v10 in the thing and very few people would complain.

The smartest move would be to throw the Estoque in production, priced directly at the Quattroporte level. Send the shell of an A8 over to Italy for some fancy body work, and there.

They do it with the G already. Build the Estoque on the Gallardo line. They will be forced to slow production of Gallardos, allowing the market to somewhat cope with its outrageous price, while simultaneously building a model that will move. Hell throw the S8 v10 in the thing and very few people would complain.

Totally agree. I know I would buy an estoque. a Lambo sedan during the week and "normal" lambo for the weekends... Its practical and has a trunk and can do all the mundane things that normal lamborghinis cant LOL. I could jump in... drive to vegas with the family ..all with a lamborghini.. that would be awesome.

So your solution to any short term fiscal issues Lambo may have are to produce a car which as yet has no development but will have competition from cars that are already approaching production after an advance pre-production cycle like the Aston Rapide or in production like the Porsche Panamera.

Plus Bugatti have something unknown to the motoring public up their sleeve which is rumoured to be four seater and you want Lambo to produce a car which every dog and his owner knows will be based on existing but now antiquated technology?

Please do not take this the wrong way but thank fcuk you are not in charge.

If Lambo produces another model which is heavily reliant upon it relatives then Volkswagen will question its worth within its brand values. It needs to investigate new technology which will make it shine amongst the other brands it owners has.

So your solution to any short term fiscal issues Lambo may have are to produce a car which as yet has no development but will have competition from cars that are already approaching production after an advance pre-production cycle like the Aston Rapide or in production like the Porsche Panamera.

Plus Bugatti have something unknown to the motoring public up their sleeve which is rumoured to be four seater and you want Lambo to produce a car which every dog and his owner knows will be based on existing but now antiquated technology?

Please do not take this the wrong way but thank fcuk you are not in charge.

If Lambo produces another model which is heavily reliant upon it relatives then Volkswagen will question its worth within its brand values. It needs to investigate new technology which will make it shine amongst the other brands it owners has.

In reality, the chassis is off a next generation a8 sedan, meaning production development would be far far shorter than the rapide which is on an extended and new aluminum chassis and totally new panamera which is a new design from ground up. think of it as a mercedes cls which is off an e class chassis... Its still a fast and decent looking sedan and their development time was fairly quick... The engines from audi are all fairly up to date technology with direct injection , turbo etc. So, I disagree in terms of time frame that it wouldnt be able to compete with the mentioned brands. Besides, if Maserati can sell some quattroportes which is based on older Ferrari engine... why cant lamborghini? Oh and Bugatti's car would most likely be completely out of the target price range to be even a consideration.... I wouldnt see VW questioning its brand values but would be happy with a healthy boost in sales volume while preserving Lamborghini's mid engine range...

I totally agree. An Estoque, with an S8/Gallardo engine, pushing 510-540hp to compete with the AMG S-class and Q-porte (only 430hp), price it right in that range of 120k-150k, smack dab right in the middle of a Bentley Spur and others. The design would be crucial (and you know the Lambo mystique/design might win out). Im sure those guys that would normally opt for an S-63 or F-Spur would feel cool to drive his board members around in a 4 door Lambo, rather than a squashed down Cayenne (Panamera) or a $250k+ stretched out DB9.... It would seriously rob the aforementioned of sales (and that's a HUGE market here in SoCal). for VW Group, they now can capture all those that didnt quite think a Spur was that pretty or an S-8 is already mundane, instead of losing them to MB or Maser......

OR maybe a true GT type car to compete with a Granturismo but with the power of a 599. A very easy transition to slam an LP-640 engine into a slick looking 2 door 2+2. With their eyes firmly planted on the AMV8, DB9 and GranTurismo (although the GT is an awfully good looking car). Chaos, further technological advancement is just NOT feasable at this time (R&D costs etc.), it's all about sales right now. They could design or use the current Estoque concept, port over an S8 chassis, suspension and platform (WITH the B&O soundsystem) give some Lambo flair and keep it moving within 12-18 months. Thats all a Gallardo is anyways, an RS4 interior and Nav with Lambo parts and engine... My 2cents